Texas Fishing Forum

Government Shutdown

Posted By: Crappie Ford Man

Government Shutdown - 02/08/18 10:32 PM

If this thing doesn't get done by tomorrow, does that immediately mean that all the ramps are closed on Corps Of Engineers lakes? Like the very next day? Thanks for any help because I don't want to drive and then be disappointed.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/08/18 11:20 PM

Yes
Posted By: C.M.

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 12:30 AM

This also means you can freely trespass there and launch without payment -- there will be nobody to stop you. Trust me
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 12:45 AM

It ain’t gonna shut down
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
It ain’t gonna shut down

bolt

What..????
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
It ain’t gonna shut down

bolt

What..????

The gubment
Posted By: TR176

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 01:39 AM

I don’t see how the city managed ramps (like little elm) and the various state parks (like on ray Roberts) and the private ramps (like hidden cove) will be closed. Use those. This is a problem that is not a problem.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 01:47 AM

They’ll lock the gates up tight
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: C.M.
This also means you can freely trespass there and launch without payment -- there will be nobody to stop you. Trust me

This...
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 02:38 AM

Obama is gone ,,, it will be ok .
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 03:12 AM

last time the the govt shut down, I went to launch my boat at Leona park, which is not even a manned, gaurded corps of engineers park, there was a bell county sheriff parked sideways, blocking anyone from coming into the park. Under what authority the county deputies had to go blockade the federally operated boat ramp and park, is a mystery to me. Possibly it is in the laws that in absence of the federals, the counties take charge of public domains. It would be interesting to know how the law works in this situation.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 11:46 AM

yeh they lock the gates on Grapevine.
Posted By: stretch

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/09/18 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
last time the the govt shut down, I went to launch my boat at Leona park, which is not even a manned, gaurded corps of engineers park, there was a bell county sheriff parked sideways, blocking anyone from coming into the park. Under what authority the county deputies had to go blockade the federally operated boat ramp and park, is a mystery to me. Possibly it is in the laws that in absence of the federals, the counties take charge of public domains. It would be interesting to know how the law works in this situation.

Did you stop and ask him? Maybe he was just taking a nap and not actually blocking it, lol.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Government Shutdown - 02/10/18 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: stretch
Originally Posted By: leanin post

Did you stop and ask him? Maybe he was just taking a nap and not actually blocking it, lol.

never disturb a resting bell county deputy, they may be having lunch. They are the biggest organization of donut cops you will ever see. There must be no physical standards because ive seen several that are so fat, they shine. I dont think half of them could engage in a footchase, heck some cant hardly get out of thier cars.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum