Texas Fishing Forum

My ulterra experiance to date

Posted By: scruboak

My ulterra experiance to date - 01/30/18 10:18 AM

I bought a reman Ulterra for 1500 and change bought a 60 amp breaker 50 bucks bought a removable mount 80 bucks and had to buy a mount for my transducer cause they include us2 which means useless 2 me and you. Transducer mount 135. This is more public service than anything else. After you get past the bs the trolling motor is all it is told to be .I dont quite buy that the compass doesn't help spotlock and just does the jog. but I didnt test it both ways none the less it flashes every 3 seconds for something. Just a review. bouncy keep on fishing.

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 01/30/18 10:47 AM

Got the tranducer stuff from corn field crappie gear really nice people and same machinist as precision .get me a discount nah just kidding but if you wanna by pass us2 (which stands for usless to 2 me and you ) check them out .
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 01/30/18 04:16 PM

Sounds like you should have bought an XI5 nannyboo
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 01/30/18 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ACAMS

With a LiftSaver!!!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 01/30/18 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: scruboak
Got the tranducer stuff from corn field crappie gear really nice people and same machinist as precision .get me a discount nah just kidding but if you wanna by pass us2 (which stands for usless to 2 me and you ) check them out .

You just hang in there buddy!!! It's gonna pay off you just wait and see!!( I hope)!!!..lol!! violin bolt

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 01/30/18 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro

With a LiftSaver!!!

Yes, Most definitely a LiftSaver ...... and not a clone because they are too hard to make! angel

And no where near as good as a real one!

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 01/30/18 09:15 PM

OH, sorry, this is an Ulterra topic!

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 01/30/18 10:08 PM

With a LiftSaver!!!

Yes, Most definitely a LiftSaver ...... and not a clone because they are too hard to make! angel

I'm partial to the original LiftSaver.

The LiftSaver also works with the MK Terrova, Ulterra, Power Drive V2 and Riptides.

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 01/31/18 11:58 PM

You have a great product no doubt.But I live in the GP area and theives are many here. Reasoning for buying the other mount was quick on quick off.The motor weighs enough for an older guy, it almost makes you not want to go fishing.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 02/01/18 12:03 AM

With a LiftSaver!!!

I'm partial to the original LiftSaver.

The LiftSaver also works with the MK Terrova, Ulterra, Power Drive V2 and Riptides.

I have this mount and it is very easy to use and take motor motel in the house or motel room. And i am a old man

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 02/01/18 12:08 AM

Is it loosen 4 nuts and slide off or completely take nuts off and add back?

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 02/01/18 02:15 AM

If you mount the liftsaver to the quick release you just flip a lever slid it off and go!

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 02/01/18 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: scruboak
Is it loosen 4 nuts and slide off or completely take nuts off and add back?

If you look at the picture I posted of my boat with the Xi5, you will see the 1/4" Nylon locking nut (4 - one on each corner) which you remove and can take half of the LiftSaver off with the trolling motor to be able to secure. Takes me less than a couple of minutes to take my motor off. Please understand that this is with the LiftSaver Plus (with the Quick Detach option). The LiftSaver Basic is designed to be permanently mounted to the bow (you can still remove the TM by removing the TM from the LiftSaver without going back under the bow in case you need to service the unit).

I've had a lot of guys tell me that the lever lock or slide units start getting a lot of play in them after a while and then they get real loose and rattle around. There is a testimonial on my website that addresses this exact issue. Check it out at www.liftsavertmmount.com
Posted By: serj5150

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 02/01/18 06:35 PM

Here is the dolly I use to bring it in and out of the house..lol!!

Re: My ulterra experiance to date - 02/02/18 06:56 AM

I knew that was coming lmao .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum