Texas Fishing Forum

CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results

Posted By: Ken Gaby

CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 03:51 AM

Despite the cold temps the past week, there was a great turnout at the CAT tournament. DIV I saw 17 teams competing and DIV II had 14 teams vying for top honors. With the winter conditions being much colder than experienced in Texas the past few years, the water temp was 43.5-44 degrees. The usual spots that had fish the past 3 years were mostly barren. Teams that found good numbers of fish were fishing water 44-48 ft deep. There were very few fish caught in water less than 40 ft deep. The exception was the first place team in DIV I of Tommy Ezell and Richie James who fished Monticello and caught fish in 10-15 FOW.
Most teams used minnows or jigs tipped with minnows. Some teams were spider rigging and some fishing vertically on timber in the main river channel.
There were plenty of big fish caught with a 2.56 taking the big fish award caught by the team of Bryan Bohannan and Robert Russell
A special welcome and thank you to those teams who were fishing their first CAT tournament.

DIV I Leaderboard

DIV II Leaderboard

Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 05:13 AM

Tough conditions but look at those weights! Nice job!
Posted By: scruboak

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 09:14 AM

was this a combo of cypress or sandlin?
Posted By: fishinman

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 10:12 AM

Congrats to all that fished! Some very nice stringers!

Good fishin’

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 12:48 PM

Fishermen could fish Cypress Springs, Monticello, or Bob Sandlin.
Posted By: fray

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 01:45 PM

Tough conditions, nice results.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 02:21 PM

Some outstanding winning weights. Congratulations to all!!!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 03:40 PM

Heck of a day on the water! Had caught one crappie prefishing Friday at 2pm and found some fish before dark. Went from wondering how we were gonna catch 7 keepers to couldn't wait to get on the water!

Gotta love crappie fishing!!! fish
Posted By: Sandblaster

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 07:54 PM

Congrats Tommy and James
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 08:04 PM

We had a blast hanging out with fellow thump addicts. See ya'll at the next one.

Posted By: Crappie Hunter

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 10:23 PM

Here is the 2.56 I caught.

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 11:23 PM

That black that Tommy is holding was 2.38 and a new lake record for Monticello. clap

And that 2.56 was a hog. And Russell and Bryan fish from Russel's pontoon. Proof that you don't need special equipment to fish a few tournaments. If you want to give tournaments a try, pick one and join the fun.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/21/18 11:46 PM

That 2.56 could be big fish for,the year!
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/22/18 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®
That 2.56 could be big fish for,the year!

I was telling Richie that on the drive home but there is Millwood this spring. Sure is a dandy white crappie.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/22/18 02:16 AM

Thanks
Posted By: UJC

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/22/18 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby

And that 2.56 was a hog. And Russell and Bryan fish from Russel's pontoon. Proof that you don't need special equipment to fish a few tournaments.

I'm thinking my lil ole bassboat is just ho-hum and his pontoon is special equipment! roflmao

Congrats to Richie and Tommy for a great D1 victory and new Monticello record and to Rob for a his hog and team D2 win.
Posted By: Crappie Hunter

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/23/18 02:36 AM

Thanks Ken and UJC the pontoon is my Caddy for fishing lol. It may not be fast and I wont win any races but I can guarantee its one of the most comfortable boats to fish in and the room I have is great. I also can fish in most conditions with it. Last year I added the xi5 trolling motor and it has been a game changer. Always think hmmm it would be nice to have a bass boat then I look how much room I wouldn't have and say no the pontoon is just fine.
Posted By: cellis

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/23/18 11:48 AM

Good work on a lot of fronts. Congrats fellas!
Posted By: red snappa

Re: CAT Tournament Bob Sandlin Results - 01/25/18 05:18 PM

If you want to know how great the weigh in was, these were Fourth Place fish! Congrats to all!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum