Texas Fishing Forum

Guide Report Thursday January 18th

Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Guide Report Thursday January 18th - 01/18/18 07:11 PM

I’ve had Travis out on many trips over the last few years. He absolutely loves crappie fishing and is a good customer. He always seems to have a little better trip each time but I think today may have ended that streak. He showed up at the ramp at 7:30 this morning and my motor’s lower unit was just starting to thaw out. We headed out and when we pulled up to fish my trolling motor shaft was frozen solid in place. Took another 20 minutes to get it launched. It was about 8:00, 21 degrees and I was pouring sweat. I turned around and Travis said well I already caught one. I said a crappie and he said yes a keeper. Well at least that was positive. Pulled up with the trolling motor and the whack fest began. Fish after fish and before you knew what happened he had 18 fish in the livewell and 2 big fatties. The bite slowed and so I decided to move. Pulled up on another spot and bam, bam, bam the giants started hitting. Pulled another 5 big fish out and he only needed 2 more fish to limit. Took 30 more minutes and he limited at 10:15. This was the fastest he had ever limited out and he caught a new personal best 2 lbs 6 ounce super fat white female. He also had 7 fish over 13”. I hope we top that day sometime but I can’t really imagine it. If you want to get out and catch some good crappie, a lot of crappie and possibly some giant crappie it’s time to book a trip. Go to www.ntxfishing.net or contact me at 972-342-8803 to book a trip. The crappie, blue cats and white bass are biting.

Posted By: Waco Kid

Re: Guide Report Thursday January 18th - 01/18/18 07:36 PM

banana
Posted By: cubbies24

Re: Guide Report Thursday January 18th - 01/18/18 07:37 PM

Awesome!!!!!
Posted By: K.G

Re: Guide Report Thursday January 18th - 01/18/18 10:25 PM

WTG Jacky, That's Dedication There.thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Guide Report Thursday January 18th - 01/19/18 12:39 AM

Nice post and nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Guide Report Thursday January 18th - 01/19/18 02:42 PM

Nice Fish Jacky! Id probably send that big one to the taxi considering anything in that range is like a unicorn for our lake.
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Guide Report Thursday January 18th - 01/19/18 03:28 PM

Thanks Phill. A guy caught a 3.2 last year on there. He had just moved here from OK. I think there are more 3 lbs fish swimming around with the amount of bait in the lake from the last few years.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Guide Report Thursday January 18th - 01/19/18 04:14 PM

Good stuff Jackie banana
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum