Texas Fishing Forum

Latest addition

Posted By: BlueNitro

Latest addition - 12/22/17 03:49 PM

I'm bored because I have to work this morning so I thought I would post this up to kill some time. I recently added some Bee Ready rod holders (great product!!!) to my boat at the bow and stern. Not really getting into spider rigging but may need them at times. I like that I can set a rod in them while I measure/livewell a fish.

We also have taken off well before first light to get to our spots during tournaments and have tried the spotlights and such. So I decided to add this 14" curved light bar for just those occasions. It is attached so that I can easily take off once the sun comes up so I don't have to worry about the weight when I am running hard.

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 03:56 PM

I also didn't want to drill more holes in my deck to mount the Bee Ready's so I mounted a plate between my FF and Deck-it mount to bolt the bases down and then custom fabbed the brace pieces.

It's nice and solid.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 04:00 PM

clap

Make sure you have a switch at the console so you can turn that light off when approaching other boats.

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 04:18 PM

I got one on the bow but didn't think to add one at the console. Now you got me wondering how many other idiots I may meet at two/three hours before fist light? hmmm

Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 04:24 PM

Might your light be so bright that you will not recognoze an oncoming or stationary boats lights
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 04:50 PM

thumb Very nice sir!!

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
I got one on the bow but didn't think to add one at the console. Now you got me wondering how many other idiots I may meet at two/three hours before fist light? hmmm

Those light blind approaching boats to the point they can't see your navigation lights, buoys, obstacles or other boats. That's why I suggested a switch at the console.

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman

Those light blind approaching boats to the point they can't see your navigation lights, buoys, obstacles or other boats. That's why I suggested a switch at the console.

thumb routing to a switch at the console when I get home.
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 05:50 PM

Can you fly that into space? Looks very Hi-Tech, you have been busy.
Posted By: Crappie Ford Man

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 05:58 PM

Wow, that's impressive. Nice job.

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: karpbuster

I'm a 'tinkerer', always looking at how I can build something that might be a little better or make fishing more comfortable. I also built some custom guide-on bars for the trailer. I showed my wife and she asked if I was finally done working on my boat. Sure, until I get the next idea!!!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 07:14 PM

I'm a 'tinkerer', always looking at how I can build something that might be a little better or make fishing more comfortable. I also built some custom guide-on bars for the trailer. I showed my wife and she asked if I was finally done working on my boat. Sure, until I get the next idea!!!

Tinkerer or tinkler??? roflmao
Just have Dave Dave lay on the front deck and cover up the light with both hands when other boats come by!! thumb

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 07:41 PM

LOL...put some sequential LED lights in your trailer bunks for nighttime loading. You can install an adjuster for brightness and how fast they sequence.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Latest addition - 12/22/17 07:58 PM

You should patent that thing and go into production noidea
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Latest addition - 12/23/17 04:11 AM

We should be able to cook lunch in front of those things.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Latest addition - 12/23/17 04:20 AM

Nicely done! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum