Texas Fishing Forum

What or Would You add anything to this?

Posted By: Sirjet

What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 02:03 PM

Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 02:22 PM

Yes, I would add some water and get to catching.
Posted By: Eric

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 03:01 PM

I would add something small and metal like a license plate to help you find it when sunk,Even with GPS coordinates it is difficult to see pvc or bamboo

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 03:13 PM

the whole thing is Metal.
Posted By: Chief262

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 03:23 PM

A star?? Looks good!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 03:55 PM

Split some 5-gallon buckets and screw on, Creating additional shade and shelter.
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 05:52 PM

That is a winner. How tall?
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 06:33 PM

I'd wire some green Willow to it when is set it.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 07:00 PM

That is a thing of art right there. Crappie love going to the art museum. So do I, so share me the directions please... roflmao
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/22/17 07:43 PM

What did you use for the hub?
Posted By: SK.

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/23/17 03:04 AM

Did you weld it it together?
Should without a doubt work....

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/23/17 03:28 AM

the company that I work for. Had some junk that been sitting up for over 15 years. They where throwing away. The hub is metal. and every arm is screwed into the hub. I have two of these and might end up eith three.
Posted By: Mo

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/23/17 04:42 PM

I would add deep water , sure would hate to hit that smile

MO
Posted By: bluecatlakerat

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/23/17 09:59 PM

I love fishing and crappie fishing just as much as the next person but my kids and I also swim, tube and ski on the lake and I don't think sharp metal spears are something you should put in public waters. Wouldn't you feel bad if some kid jumped out of the boat to cool off on a hot summer day and landed on that. The water is everyone's to use not just crappie fishermen
Posted By: Creamlevel Creek Kennels

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/24/17 01:41 AM

I have several sets of the same condos made out of PVC. They work really good. I put 4 down at each location. I didn't add anything to make it easier to find. Took a few months to be covered in moss, and they are hard to find. I put down good waypoints, and now I don't worry about others finding them.
Posted By: Sumfish

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/24/17 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: bluecatlakerat
I love fishing and crappie fishing just as much as the next person but my kids and I also swim, tube and ski on the lake and I don't think sharp metal spears are something you should put in public waters. Wouldn't you feel bad if some kid jumped out of the boat to cool off on a hot summer day and landed on that. The water is everyone's to use not just crappie fishermen
All he has to do is drill some holes in some golf balls and epoxy them on the ends of each rod, problem solved.
Posted By: bluecatlakerat

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/24/17 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Sumfish
Originally Posted By: bluecatlakerat
All he has to do is drill some holes in some golf balls and epoxy them on the ends of each rod, problem solved.

Good idea thumb

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/25/17 12:40 AM

I agree 100%. but I am going to hang this off of my fishing slip. There is no swimming there. that last thing I would do is place something dangerous in a swimming or boating area.
Posted By: sae

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/25/17 01:58 AM

If you are not above scavenging and you know your trash days mostly in the fall but also year round people put their

garden hose on the curb for pickup. These make great piles ,a little concrete in a bucket , a nail ,or screw in the hose,
in a 5 gal. a piece of heavy galvinised wire in each hose and you can shape them as you want
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/25/17 02:38 AM

I hope it's stainless ... rusty metal attracts nothing!
Posted By: stubby77

Re: What or Would You add anything to this? - 12/25/17 11:09 PM

Willows is all it need.s
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum