Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork tips

Posted By: Frenzy

Lake Fork tips - 12/15/17 04:10 PM

Taking 3 11-12 year old girls fishing for one of their birthdays this weekend. I haven't been able to fish out at fork in a while. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Fork tips - 12/15/17 04:11 PM

Take some minnows and hit the bridges. That should give them plenty of action and be easy for them to do.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Lake Fork tips - 12/15/17 04:40 PM

I was at the 515 bridge earlier this week. Not much on the pylons until late evening when I caught a few. Couldn't even find the small bass. Water temp was 55.

Minnow on a jig worked best. They won't chase a lively minnow.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Lake Fork tips - 12/15/17 07:46 PM

Head down around the dam and get on the main lake points. If you have electronics, idle around until you find some fish. Probably around 25 feet would be my guess. Drop to the bottom, reel up 1 to 3 cranks and hold it still. Troll around very slowly until you find some active fish.
Posted By: Ynot

Re: Lake Fork tips - 12/15/17 09:51 PM

Agree with TwoLakes! I fished Monday, they were on main lake points 27 fow. Bite was slow but good. Fished minnows and jigs, bite was the same on both. They should be in the deep water by the dam any time. Follow the armada of fishing boats. That's great spending time with the kids on the lake, memories made. fish hooked hooked
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Fork tips - 12/18/17 07:20 PM

Fish minnows on the bottom on main lake points about 25-27 feet..crappie, sandbass, bar fish, and maybe a catfish will keep em busy..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum