Texas Fishing Forum

Got a few on Fork bridges

Posted By: PKfishin

Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/14/17 05:20 PM

Can't say it was a great day but not a skunk. I was about to give it up and go in and decided to try one more pole right at dusk. I'd been marking fish all day but they would hit. I thought they might just be big gizzard shad but that was not the case. The crappie turned on and I got five before the sun set and it got too cold. Called it a day and left them biting. Fish went from 10-15 inches. Don't know where all those dinks went to after December 1st when became legal. First trip to fork without catching a bunch of small bass.

Posted By: stretch

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/14/17 05:26 PM

Nice slabs!!!
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/14/17 05:28 PM

thumbWTG!
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/14/17 06:53 PM

Nice thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/14/17 10:13 PM

Nice slabs. thumb
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/14/17 10:57 PM

clap
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/15/17 01:41 AM

Nice work Mike. You need to come fish RR with me.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/15/17 10:30 AM

A most excellent post PKfishing! banana

We were experiencing that same sort of bite on Monday with Swatted Passes and Short Bites.

I rigged up some Wild Watermelon and Electric Rooster Slim Boys By Lip Ripper Baits for the very first time.

I literally just received them Saturday and last Monday was my first time to use them.

We had a grand total of 13 fish in the boat when I changed over to Lip Ripper Baits.

It changed the bite dramatically for us. We ended with a double limit.

I would humbly ask you give Lip Ripper Baits a chance to earn your business.

Try a package and see what happens.

Great Post and way to whack them! thumb

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/15/17 04:43 PM

Might have to do that. Either that or the Claude Ledbetter method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrYvNb5cl0

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/15/17 04:44 PM

Have to go out to PK for a few days to check on things. Once I get back I'll give you a call.
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/15/17 05:33 PM

Sounds good
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/15/17 06:04 PM

Way to go PK, nice post. I am down for a few weeks (I think). Took my motor to a guy south of town. He is working on replacing rings and gaskets. He thinks that is what is wrong, talked to him Tuesday and he said the heads looked good but would know more when he gets it tore down the rest of the way, hopefully by today. His favorite engines to work on are the Evinrudes. However, he is older than I am, I think, and does not work on them when the weather is freezing. Told him I don't blame him I would not either. Keeping my fingers crossed he can fix it. Keep up the good posts. Later, Tom

Re: Got a few on Fork bridges - 12/16/17 04:14 PM

Sorry to hear about that trouble Tom. I'm sure you'll get it fixed before long. Spring fishing is right around the corner.

Have you ever fished Tucker Lake? Got a report that was a decent crappie lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum