Texas Fishing Forum

Night Light Question

Posted By: Sirjet

Night Light Question - 12/01/17 06:11 PM

I know people get tired of me asking questions. but my mom taught me. A closed Mouth doesn't get fed. So here we go. When you put a fishing light in the water. Where is the best place to fish it. I have always thought that you would fish right on the outside of the light or below it. Please help a brother out.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Night Light Question - 12/01/17 06:49 PM

Usually the fish are on the edge where the light meets the darkness.

I need to give it a go some night because I just added this permanent underwater light to my jack plate. It's pretty bright.

Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Night Light Question - 12/01/17 06:50 PM

Thank You Sir. that is what I thought also.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Night Light Question - 12/01/17 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sirjet
I know people get tired of me asking questions. but my mom taught me. A closed Mouth doesn't get fed. So here we go. When you put a fishing light in the water. Where is the best place to fish it. I have always thought that you would fish right on the outside of the light or below it. Please help a brother out.
I`m sure you will get a lot of opinions but here`s mine based on my experience. I have fished both a slip with lights and from a boat with lights hanging over the side.While using minnows From the boat I had more Crappie success fishing the perimeter of the light source where the light turns to Darkness with a bobber setup.When using a jig or minnow in the light I caught mostly Sandbass. In the slip it didn`t seem to matter. 2cents
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum