Texas Fishing Forum

not a Stupid question (I hope)

Posted By: Sirjet

not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/03/17 08:06 PM

Is there going to be a more dominant color of Jig to every lake? Or do most people fish what color they are more confident in?
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/03/17 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Sirjet
Is there going to be a more dominant color of Jig to every lake? Or do most people fish what color they are more confident in?

See the red above wink

Everyone has their favorites, and some can/do change depending on the lake and time of year. I adjust the size of my bait more than anything wink
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/03/17 08:56 PM

I will give my 2cents on this.....

Is there going to be a more dominant color of Jig to every lake?

"Yes"

I think it has to do more with "normal" water clarity and what the fish can actually see. That color can change with conditions, on any given day (sunny, overcast, dirty water, etc).

Or do most people fish what color they are more confident in?

"Yes"

A. You have to start with something, why not start with what has worked in the past?.....

B. Its usually more the "jigger" than the jig or color.

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/03/17 09:05 PM

More the jigger..... I didn't think about that. Even though I have been out jiggin and other people or person was jigging and just wore them out. In other words. I suck at jiggin
Posted By: scruboak

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/03/17 09:37 PM

Better than I.

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/03/17 09:46 PM

I had a Lucky day Sruboak. LOL
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/03/17 11:42 PM

Chartreuse seems to catch more for me than any other color at any lake. It may be solid, or with another color.
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/03/17 11:58 PM

Hard to go wrong with a white/chartreuse Thump Chubby....
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/04/17 09:08 PM

More the jigger..... I didn't think about that. Even though I have been out jiggin and other people or person was jigging and just wore them out. In other words. I suck at jiggin

If/when this happens, watch "his" rod tip and see EXACTLY what he doing, then just do your best to duplicate. thumb
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/04/17 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: REDGUN

If/when this happens, watch "his" rod tip and see EXACTLY what he doing, then just do your best to duplicate. thumb

Make sure that jig is at the exact same depth as well.

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/05/17 02:18 AM

OH I will sneak a peek.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/05/17 03:10 AM

My Dad taught me at an early age. No dumb questions. What is dumb is not to ask and choose to remain ignorant.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/05/17 03:59 AM

Redgun is right on! thumb
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/06/17 11:48 AM

i just went yesterday and bought every pack the whole rack BPS had of a bait and color that works best on my lake,not so good on another lake. but what iv found out is there color preference can change from one hour to the next! made a couple of these last night hope to fill them up!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: not a Stupid question (I hope) - 11/06/17 12:04 PM

clap
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum