Texas Fishing Forum

Whitney restaurants

Posted By: noxqses

Whitney restaurants - 07/01/17 07:35 PM

Any places in particular anyone would recommend for lunch in Whitney or Laguna Park?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/05/17 11:47 PM

Sorry....wish I had seen this sooner. Texas Great Country Cafe is good. Hooten Holler'n BBQ has great fried fish...their bbq is okay, but I think the brisket is too dry. Bosque Restaurant and Resort is okay, but I haven't been in a couple of years...really depends on who's cooking that day.
Posted By: Undertow

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/15/17 10:12 PM

Just ate at Texas Great Country Cafe & Pie Pantry a couple of months ago. It was quite good. The pies were delish.
Posted By: armadilla

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/17/17 05:36 AM

It is a great place... another one is the Bosque Resort Restaurant in Laguna Park at the other end of the dam. Great seafood and burgers.
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/19/17 01:01 PM

Late to the party, but I keep hearing good things about Flores BBQ.
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/24/17 05:43 PM

Where exactly is Flores BBQ? I swing through Whitney a few times a year on my way back from the Hill Country, and usually end up eating at HootenHoller. I'd like to try something different. I also hear there's a real good Q place in Hillsboro. Thanks
Posted By: Keystone

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/26/17 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: roadtrip
Where exactly is Flores BBQ? I swing through Whitney a few times a year on my way back from the Hill Country, and usually end up eating at HootenHoller. I'd like to try something different. I also hear there's a real good Q place in Hillsboro. Thanks
Taylors Smokehouse in Hillsboro,off 22,Greatness
Posted By: popcork

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/27/17 03:43 PM

Go downtown to the sports bar, good hamburger and $1.00 Coors.
Posted By: DonnyG

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/28/17 02:35 PM

Great cafe in Rio vista
Posted By: Riverdog

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/28/17 09:27 PM

I have a friend a friend who has a place on the lake @ Laguna Park for the past 40 plus years. I/we and our wives have eaten there many times. For what it is worth in no particular order the places we eat are:
Bosque Resort Resturaunt
Hoot and Holler Bar B Q and the fish is better than the Q
Johnny's Place in Clifton
Tres Hermanos in Whitney
Posted By: Striper Junkie

Re: Whitney restaurants - 07/29/17 11:35 AM

Flores BBQ made the Top Ten Best in Texas list. I would agree. Hours are short, only Thurs through Sat from 11a until he's sold out. Just moved into a building at the east end of Whitney on Hwy 22.

https://www.facebook.com/FloresBarbecue/

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/03/17 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Keystone
Originally Posted By: roadtrip
Taylors Smokehouse in Hillsboro,off 22,Greatness

Thanks!!
Posted By: armadilla

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/04/17 07:00 AM

UP IN SMOKE in Hillsboro... would not miss the Bosque Resort restaurant in Laguna Park either.
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/07/17 03:36 PM

Finally made it out to Flores and this place is legit. Brisket is cooked perfectly Hill Country style. While delicious I hate that most joints are going this direction with their briskets as I would like more variety. Flores does it perfectly though. Ribs were the 2nd best I've ever had. I would love to know how he gets them so moist. I'll drive the 90 miles back out there again for the ribs alone. I'm hesitant to brag too much as I've only been there once and might have just hit them on a good day, but dame it was good.
Posted By: J2H1

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/10/17 10:08 PM

I agree on Taylor's Smokehouse. The bun was tougher than the brisket!
Posted By: J2H1

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/10/17 10:11 PM

Posted By: Keystone

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/11/17 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: J2H1
thumb thumb
Posted By: JWfish

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/16/17 09:21 AM

Definitely need to put Taylor's SmokeHouse on Hwy 22 just East of Hillsboro on your Best BBQ list. You are really just a few minutes from Whitney and it is well worth the drive. We make the drive from Corsicana every week. The guy is a master at getting great smoke flavor and tenderness both. Also they have a good selection of sides, made from scratch, not the same pork and beans or mashed up potatoe salad most other places serve. Their potatoe salad is fresh and chunky, the pasta salad and brocilli slaw are addictive. If you are any where near I35, detour to Hyw 22, towards Corsicana and you will have a new favorite place!

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/21/17 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Striper Junkie
Flores BBQ made the Top Ten Best in Texas list. I would agree. Hours are short, only Thurs through Sat from 11a until he's sold out. Just moved into a building at the east end of Whitney on Hwy 22.

https://www.facebook.com/FloresBarbecue/

Thanks!
Posted By: olefisher

Re: Whitney restaurants - 08/22/17 08:31 PM

Roadtrip will be curious what you think of Flores when you try it. Tried it last week and thought it was best Q I have had. I tried Taylor's a while back and must have caught them on a bad day! It did not make ANY list for me.

Re: Whitney restaurants - 09/05/17 05:59 PM

I'll let you know olefisher.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum