Texas Fishing Forum

Catfish Restaurants

Posted By: Po Boy

Catfish Restaurants - 01/01/15 08:05 PM

Ten or Fifteen years ago we went to Pecan Gap or to Miller Grove to all you can eat catfish places that were only open on Friday and Saturday nights. Does anyone know if these places are still in business and if the food is still good. I would also be interested if anyone can suggest other Catfish Restaurants. I have heard that there is one on Lake Fork that is really good. Does anyone know the name of it and has been there to eat? I live in McKinney but for a Saturday outing don't mind driving 100 miles or so for some good Catfish.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/01/15 08:13 PM

Catfish sam's in Arlington is always good. Just went yesterday. They never disappoint.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/01/15 11:56 PM

AJ's on Lake Fork. Corner of 515 and 17

Also David Beards all over NETx. They are ok. They also own Catfish Villages and Catfish Kings.
Posted By: duncotemall

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/02/15 01:19 PM

Pecan Gap is still there. That place rocks. There are a few here in Paris and surrounding area like the Feedsack in Windom, Don's Catfish in Powderly. All good, but Pecan Gap is my favorite of those 3.
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/02/15 10:17 PM

Huck's in Denison is one of the best I've ever been to - on the south side of town right off 75 on the east side. Can't remember the exit.
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/03/15 01:04 AM

Thanks for the replys. I am glad to hear that the one at Pecan Gap is still in business, I will go back there again. I also want to try AJ's on Lake Fork and Huck's is also on my list. I have heard about Catfish Sam's before, it seems to get high reviews. If I live long enough I will try them all.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/03/15 04:44 PM

The only thing noteworthy at AJ's is the fact you will get sick. the grease has to be two weeks old.

However, good catfish near lake fork can be found at Sidekicks, Vaughn's Catfish near Bob Sandlin was very good, but I have not been there in five years. Unfortunately I heard the Lake Athens Marina + Restaurant closed, they had good catfish too.
Posted By: ke4hzc

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/04/15 11:54 PM

My favorite is catfish o'harlies in decatur.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/05/15 12:23 AM

I forgot about Barbecs on Garland Road near White Rock Lake, they have AYCE catfish on Friday nights for $9.99. I ate there back in the summer and it was pretty good.
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/05/15 12:38 AM

Vaughn's on Bob Sandlin
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: Catfish Restaurants - 01/05/15 09:17 PM

I hurt myself at Vaughn's. That was some good catfish. They aren't bashful about keeping it coming either.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum