Texas Fishing Forum

Where to eat in Rockport???

Posted By: Lil' Louie

Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/03/09 11:25 PM

Ok...Leaving for Rockport on Friday. Wanting a different place to eat besides Charlotte Plumbers and the boiling pot. Suggestions???
Posted By: WA 23

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/03/09 11:39 PM

Alice Fayes on the Bay ,just up the road from Charlotte,s--Get the chicken fried Ribeye dinner and get satisfied!!Good folks too!
Live music later in the evening also - on the deck over the Bay
Have fun
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/06/09 02:50 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...t_F#Post3746279

Stay away from Charlotte Plummers. It is a ripoff. We had a good meal or two at the Crab N and had our best meal at Latitude 28 02.
Posted By: The Bullfrogs

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/07/09 10:41 PM

I say The big fisherman. I don't think it is in rockport, but is not far. We always love it.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/08/09 01:37 AM

Last time I ate at the Big Fisherman was the last time I'll eat there period. The fish fillets were all freezer burned, improperly prepared, the ice in the tea tasted funky and it was overall lousy. I'd rather just eat Long John Silvers. Just my humble opinion.
Posted By: scout300

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/08/09 01:25 PM

Panjos Pizza is really good, and it's right off of 35 so it's easy to find. I have never had their shrimp pizza but the one in Corpus is amazing!

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/09/09 10:46 PM

[quote=LandPirate]Last time I ate at the Big Fisherman was the last time I'll eat there period. The fish fillets were all freezer burned, improperly prepared, the ice in the tea tasted funky and it was overall lousy. I'd rather just eat Long John Silvers. Just my humble opinion. [/quote

I have to agree with you. The Big Fisherman was really bad the last time we tried it. I do have to say it was a little better than Charlotte Plummers.
Posted By: sputterfuss

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/11/09 01:21 AM

Panjo's, yes.
Big Fisherman, no.
Went to Off the Hook last fall at the cove & broke them on the all you can eat fried oysters. Off the Hook has since moved somewhere downtown, has good daily lunch specials, worth looking up.
Posted By: Dirty Bass

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/11/09 12:18 PM

Panjo's is awesome!
Posted By: Hook'em

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/11/09 04:32 PM

The best place in Rockport is Los Comales. For seafood Latitude is good, but expensive. There is a place that serves seafood and burgers located right at the Fulton wharf area which is on the water (not Plumbers or Alice Fayes), but I can't remember the name. It is right across the street from Hu Dat.
Posted By: scout300

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/11/09 05:02 PM

If you want good Mexican food come to Corpus and go to Linda's on Golihar and Webber, it's amazing! What's funny is not many waitresses know English very well, my girlfriend and I tipped a cute little waitress $10 a couple times and on out next time at there she spoke fairly good English!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/11/09 05:08 PM

Boiling Pot and Latitudes
Posted By: Rather-B-Fishing

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/13/09 02:04 AM

I agree with Forkduc.... The Boiling Pot is awesome.

We used to eat at the Big Fishermen all the time and loved it. We've been twice recently and was disappointed both times. The first time may have just been the staff having a bad day, but twice in a row got me suspicious that they may be having some managing issues.
Posted By: garnerac

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/16/09 12:43 PM

Crab N is always a stop for us. They will cook your catch. Very consistant great quality food. Will be there tomorrow! Hopefully with some CATCH!
Posted By: Mike Halfmann the boatmann

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/18/09 07:00 PM

We ate at the Big Fisherman for more than 20 years, and use to just love it. The food there has gotten so bad now, that I won't even stop there to go to the bathroom. Last time we were there, I got an all-you-can eat fish,,,,,cold, watery center. sent it back, got the second plate, it was worse. Our "birthday girl ordered a steak, well done, it was so rare that blood ran out of it, (she got upset-left-and went to McDonalds)..The other 5 people at our table was even more disappointed. The manager would not come to our table, even after 7 request to do so. The owner would not come to our table even after 5 request. (Both said they were too busy)Grrrrrr! I'm going to stop the story right here even though there is a lot more to it, but I can say I think we did get his attention a few days later.

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/18/09 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Halfmann the boatmann
We ate at the Big Fisherman for more than 20 years, and use to just love it. The food there has gotten so bad now, that I won't even stop there to go to the bathroom. Last time we were there, I got an all-you-can eat fish,,,,,cold, watery center. sent it back, got the second plate, it was worse. Our "birthday girl ordered a steak, well done, it was so rare that blood ran out of it, (she got upset-left-and went to McDonalds)..The other 5 people at our table was even more disappointed. The manager would not come to our table, even after 7 request to do so. The owner would not come to our table even after 5 request. (Both said they were too busy)Grrrrrr! I'm going to stop the story right here even though there is a lot more to it, but I can say I think we did get his attention a few days later.

Sounds like they are making some progress. It was worse than that the last time we tried it. grin
Posted By: Gus

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/20/09 05:07 PM

Here is our last exp with the Big Fishermen, this was from Aug of 07.

Always stopped at the Big Fishermen to eat before the ride back home, never again. At the end of our vacation last year we pulled in at high noon, people coming and going. Ate lunch and walked out to the truck to find everything we had but the truck stolen. We were parked in the first space as you pull in the parking lot, sheriffs car was 4 spaces over. Come to find out it is a very regular occurence there and the Big Fishermen does nothing to stop it, cameras would be nice. The investigator told me the only camera on the property is watching the loading dock to keep the employees from taking things home. He had numerous stories he told me of incidents at the Big Fishermen while he was he was finger printing my truck. There is not one window that faces the parking lot in that restaurant. The jerks that did this even stole my son's toys, he was 5 at the time. He asked me later if the bad guys had taken his toys because they had kids at home without any, kid was looking for something good out of the whole mess.

Posted By: spiny norman

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/20/09 10:03 PM

That stinks! I will certainly be avoiding that place. Frickin meth heads are taking over. Wish we could hung them all.

Hu Dat was good when we were there earlier this month. Boiling Pot was also on their game even though the crabs continue to dissappoint.

Never got around to trying to burger place up in Lamar, (Pops), but continue to hear rave reviews.
Posted By: RandallW20

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/21/09 06:13 AM

Whats the name of the place where they just dump the food on the table???
Posted By: spiny norman

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/21/09 05:33 PM

Thats "The Boiling Pot".

Fulton Beach rd at Henderson.
Posted By: Pence65

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/26/09 10:17 PM

We go to Rockport usually 4 or 5 times a year. Must haves are always Vallarta's, Jalisco, Alby's Po Boys, and yes The Big Fisherman. We only eat there for lunch though and for the price it can't be beat.

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/27/09 11:18 AM

As stated several times in the thread, the Big Fisherman has really gone down hill. I is, however, a great place to get a lot of really bad food at a reasonable price, if that is what your wanting.
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 08/28/09 06:35 PM

When was Big Fisherman ever good? I have been going into that place against my will since 2003 because someone in the party always wants to go. I have been there about 6 or 8 times, and every time it was the worst food I have ever been served. The service was always lousy, the place is loud and dirty. That place is a DUMP. I finally have had enough and if anyone in the party wants to go there, I'd rather eat fast food by myself than pay for the [censored] they server there.

Los Comales is by far the best restaurant in town, but you have to like Mexican. And as far as mexican goes, you can drive 15 minutes away to Aransas Pass and eat at Pepito's, too.
Posted By: RandallW20

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 09/19/09 05:14 AM

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ Pepito's, Heck Yeah!!!!
Posted By: Joe G.

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 10/08/09 02:01 AM

You have to try charlotte plumbers, yummy!!

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 10/08/09 07:28 PM

We ate at Charlotte Plummers about 3 months ago and it was terrible. This list of good eating places in Rockport is pretty short.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 11/06/09 12:21 AM

try Paradise Key.................that place blows away any other place in Rockport any day of the week!
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Where to eat in Rockport??? - 11/10/09 08:12 PM

Charllote P's is terrible, I will +1 for Los Comales for dinner, is that Taqueria Vallarta by JJ's? Good breakfast tacos right there! and the po-boy place heading out towards copano bay for lunch.

Watch out for boiling pot, took my dad to eat there, after a couple buckets of beer and lots of crawfish and seafood later, I was brought out a 130$ billbang it was still a helluva good time even if it did cost a fortune
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum