Texas Fishing Forum

Where is a burger?

Posted By: Big Hopper

Where is a burger? - 02/05/22 06:04 PM

Best Burger near I-20 and Matlock or 157?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Where is a burger? - 02/05/22 11:34 PM

Burger extreme on Matlock.

Re: Where is a burger? - 02/12/22 01:11 AM

Where did you end up?

Re: Where is a burger? - 02/12/22 01:26 PM

Long story.

I was at the Kia Dealership picking up our car with my wife. Before we left, I asked the Service guy, "Where can I get a good burger close by?". He said "Chapps", and another guy said "Kincades".

So I opted for Chapps, but the one that the guy referenced was back up in Grand Prairie and I hate GP.

So I told my wife, "Follow me to Chapps.", figuring to head back to Carrier and I-20.

The wife started out 2 cars behind me, then 4 cars back, then 6 cars back, until I lost sight of her all together. I turned off on the Carrier exit, and saw her still on the freeway headed East to parts unknown.

I just went home and ate leftovers.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Where is a burger? - 02/12/22 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Big Hopper
Long story.

I was at the Kia Dealership picking up our car with my wife. Before we left, I asked the Service guy, "Where can I get a good burger close by?". He said "Chapps", and another guy said "Kincades".

So I opted for Chapps, but the one that the guy referenced was back up in Grand Prairie and I hate GP.

So I told my wife, "Follow me to Chapps.", figuring to head back to Carrier and I-20.

The wife started out 2 cars behind me, then 4 cars back, then 6 cars back, until I lost sight of her all together. I turned off on the Carrier exit, and saw her still on the freeway headed East to parts unknown.

Haha,did your wife find her way home

Re: Where is a burger? - 02/13/22 02:53 PM

Chapps is dang good. That kincades isn't as good as the original IMO.
Posted By: john h

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/08/22 04:03 PM

Chapps in SW Arlington on Little Rd is good.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/12/22 03:26 PM

Little bit of a drive but the Oso Grill in Capatin NM has the best burger I have ever eaten. Top burger on the menu. Yeah I know it is not in Texas but if you are out that way you need to try it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/13/22 02:09 AM

If you ever find yourself down in hill country try out one of the Storm's Drive In's,Hamilton,Burnet,Lampasas plus there's a couple more I can't remember there locations.Anyway just order the Storm's Special,best damn burger on the planet not to mention those fresh cut fries,you can thank me later

Runner up is a little place up here in northwest Texas, Crowell to be exact.Dairy Mart...........been in the same family like 40 years.Fantastic burgers and once again fresh cut fries
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/27/22 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Whistlebritches
If you ever find yourself down in hill country try out one of the Storm's Drive In's,Hamilton,Burnet,Lampasas plus there's a couple more I can't remember there locations.Anyway just order the Storm's Special,best damn burger on the planet not to mention those fresh cut fries,you can thank me later

Runner up is a little place up here in northwest Texas, Crowell to be exact.Dairy Mart...........been in the same family like 40 years.Fantastic burgers and once again fresh cut fries

Dairy Mart.. that the place with the fried pies?

I did alot of work up in Vernon and made the drive down a couple times. Hung out with the Mayor of Paducah.

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/27/22 01:07 PM

Funny how a thread about finding a burger in Arlington, Tx. .... gets twisted up. And now we're in New Mexico ???

Seems that everyone's fond of a good Burger. thumb thumb thumb
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/29/22 06:28 AM

Funny how a thread about finding a burger in Arlington, Tx. .... gets twisted up. And now we're in New Mexico ???

I used to stop in Denton on the way to Vernon and meet a friend at hooter since they were close to 35 and had lots of space for a trailer..

I still think they make an excellent burger.

Don't forget Stackhouse in deep ellum.

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/29/22 04:49 PM

its the perfect meal. This one is from nicks grill in OKC.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Where is a burger? - 04/01/22 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by MrRoachie
Originally Posted by Whistlebritches

Dairy Mart.. that the place with the fried pies?

I did alot of work up in Vernon and made the drive down a couple times. Hung out with the Mayor of Paducah.

Yep that would be them.......we make the 40 mile drive north at least once a month
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Where is a burger? - 05/07/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

[Linked Image]

That looks good. I wonder what ever happened to the poppy seed buns?
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Where is a burger? - 08/29/22 11:38 PM

That Nic’s Burger looks awesome food

Re: Where is a burger? - 08/30/22 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom

[Linked Image]

That looks good. I wonder what ever happened to the poppy seed buns?

I'm a fan of them myself.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Where is a burger? - 08/31/22 03:13 AM

As a kid I loved Dairy Queen burgers, fries, and a shake....still pretty good at the DQ in Quitman..
Posted By: gdr_11

Re: Where is a burger? - 02/20/23 10:32 PM

If you don’t mind an upscale atmosphere and paying $25 for a burger, B&B Butchers in Ft Worth has a burger that will knock you out. It comes with huge potato wedge fries and are killer too. I have loved burgers for 70+ years and never had one as thick and juicy. I recommend no veggies so all you taste is meat and cheese.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/24/23 03:06 AM

Nic’s is a special place, ate there every week I went OKC during a waterproofing project at the Museum of Art.
Last week I had a really good burger and onion rings at a Valero Gas Station on 455 in Sanger,
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/25/23 04:47 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/25/23 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by meP2too
Nic’s is a special place, ate there every week I went OKC during a waterproofing project at the Museum of Art.
Last week I had a really good burger and onion rings at a Valero Gas Station on 455 in Sanger,

Love those kind of places.
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/27/23 08:13 PM

The Dam Store on 455 on RayRoberts makes a goodun.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/28/23 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Little bit of a drive but the Oso Grill in Capatin NM has the best burger I have ever eaten. Top burger on the menu. Yeah I know it is not in Texas but if you are out that way you need to try it.

[Linked Image]

I’ve had it it’s bad [censored]
Posted By: HOOKNBULLET2

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/28/23 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by 4Weight

[Linked Image]

We were there last summer and its a great burger.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/29/23 12:38 AM

Not paying $25 for burger! period
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/30/23 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by HOOKNBULLET2
Originally Posted by 4Weight

[Linked Image]

We were there last summer and its a great burger.

count me in, went while in ruidoso for the races one weekend. heck of a drive from ft. stockton. lol
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Where is a burger? - 03/30/23 09:18 PM

you still won't beat the TNT burgers in bonham, best dam handmade burger I ever ate, cept for mine. grin

https://www.facebook.com/TNTBONHAM/
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Where is a burger? - 04/04/23 12:17 AM

Had the “Storm Special” in Lampasas a few weeks back. 2 or 3 paddies I cant remember with handcut fries and a large cherry limeade. $12 bucks. Used to stop at the Storms in Hamilton when I was commuting to the metromess. It was Spring Break when I stopped in Lampasas (Hwy 281 and 183) and I got the last drive up spot! They pack em in!
Posted By: Paparon

Re: Where is a burger? - 07/10/23 04:59 PM

Long story.

roflmao
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Where is a burger? - 08/19/23 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by reelswift
Not paying $25 for burger! period

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Where is a burger? - 08/19/23 01:37 PM

I've paid $30 for a hamburger. Las Vegas.

Can't member his name but he's a famous chef. All the taxi cars had his advertisement.

Gotta be good, right?

Hamburger was $30. The fries were $8 and the glass of tea was $6(?).

It was the nastiest burger I have ever had. So bad, I swore if I ever got a chance to meet the chef in person. I'd punch him. Should've name it the Pissed Off burger. Cause all it did was make you mad.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Where is a burger? - 08/20/23 10:07 PM

whataburger,...patty melt is really good.
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Where is a burger? - 08/21/23 12:25 AM

Chapps is dang good. That kincades isn't as good as the original IMO.

Never had Chapps so no comment I agree with BigBob regarding Kincades and in my opinion there is only one Kincades.
If you are willing to drive a little to the west, try the Malt Shop. IF you want sprouts, bean curds or some other california topping on your burger, then don't bother. If the opportunity presents itself, try the burger while the parker county peach festival is going and get a peach shake or malt. Aint none better in the country, if you like peaches
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum