Texas Fishing Forum

Remember "The Filling Station"

Posted By: Big Hopper

Remember "The Filling Station" - 10/18/21 01:13 PM

On Greenville Ave. in Dallas.

Loved the place. Anyone know where I can get a burger like the Ethyl Burger?

Must have been 6" in diameter and about 1 1/2 pounds. A full 1" thick when cooked.

Fabulous !!!
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 10/18/21 07:13 PM

Not sure where to get a burger like that but I do remember going there a few times. I think it was Greenville Ave at Park Ln. Seems there was a story that Bonnie and Clyde stopped there when it was an actual gas station.
Annie's Santa Fe was across the street and we when there a few times for birthdays. They had Mexucan pizza and great puffy tacos.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 10/29/21 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Beer Money
Not sure where to get a burger like that but I do remember going there a few times. I think it was Greenville Ave at Park Ln. Seems there was a story that Bonnie and Clyde stopped there when it was an actual gas station.
Annie's Santa Fe was across the street and we when there a few times for birthdays. They had Mexucan pizza and great puffy tacos.

Yep. Lived in an apartment not far from there. Annies had this awesome honey/Jalapeno relish that was excellent. Loved both of those places. What was the bar on Upper Greenville that served their beer in Yard and Half yard glasses? Can't recall the name.

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 10/29/21 03:06 PM

There was also Lilly Langtree's bar just a little up the road.

The real Lilly Langtree was Judge Roy Bean's fantasy squeeze.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 10/30/21 03:05 AM

Oooops. Wrong fillin' station
Posted By: Po Boy

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 11/08/21 09:51 PM

Then there was “The Creek”.
Posted By: Gophish

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 11/09/21 12:55 AM

What was the bar on Upper Greenville that served their beer in Yard and Half yard glasses? Can't recall the name.
Was that the Bounty?

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 11/09/21 03:17 PM

I always thought, "Somebody ought to buy The Vickery Feed Store and turn it into a bar." And dang if somebody did.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 11/16/21 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Big Hopper
I always thought, "Somebody ought to buy The Vickery Feed Store and turn it into a bar." And dang if somebody did.

It is Great outdoors Subs now. i remember going in FEED STORE with DAD as a kid, to get a beer, [really] But to get a big Burger like at the Station, you walked or drove round da corner to Judge BEANS. burgers, c f s . AND when it rained BEERS were 2 FER 1 at bar. If that wasnt nuff . When it SNOWED BEERS WER 3FER1. Wow what times those were!!!!
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 11/16/21 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gophish
What was the bar on Upper Greenville that served their beer in Yard and Half yard glasses? Can't recall the name.
Was that the Bounty?
Medivel INN. great place / great winches/ waittresses
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 12/31/21 01:55 AM

There was a Filling Station on Richmond Ave. (or was it Westheimer) that was a favorite of mine back in the early 80s. It had a glass "gas" pump at the bar filled with chilled beer. They also have these beer mugs with concave bottoms that they would put over your longneck. Then they'd turn it upside down and give it to you. You would then slowly pick jup your bottle and pour your beer into the mug. Man, I loved the 80s!
Posted By: tds

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 01/18/22 09:21 PM

filling station was a good place but their burgers could not match a place called the point after. i think the point after was across the parking lot from a popular strip joint
Posted By: reel thing

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 03/07/22 09:07 AM

Was a filling station in the early 80's in Clear Lake that was good. They turned it into a club called the Hop. Hop is still going strong til this day
Posted By: Liebers Dad

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 03/08/22 12:16 AM

the one in austin was fabulous. loved the O-rings and the ethyl burger..."my that IS a tasty burger"
Posted By: PondFish

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 04/15/22 07:33 PM

Took a few dates to The Filling Station.
The original Point After was awesome and started a small chain. The Addison Point, The Midway Point, NW Hwy Point and a couple others as I recall. The owner had a few little problems with paying state and payroll taxes.

A few years ago the Midway Point moved from Midway and LBJ up the road to a little South of Beltline. Great place.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Remember "The Filling Station" - 04/18/22 12:37 PM

In the DFW area, go to one of the three Burger Islands.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum