Texas Fishing Forum

Glen Rose recommendations?

Posted By: Duke 22

Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/10/19 05:04 AM

My son has an ahem....soccer tournament there this weekend. Nothing I would rather do except for elective surgery, mow, or taxes than to attend this thing. I was hoping for some good eating suggestions to maybe help alleviate the pain. TIA.
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/10/19 12:22 PM

Hammon's BBQ is so-so at best. There are a few texmex places that are pretty normal.

That's about it.

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/10/19 06:34 PM

Well Carp....sound just like Wichita Falls where I am currently.
Posted By: Lightnin

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/11/19 12:57 PM

I go there once a year for a reunion. Historically Loco Coyote out the Stephenville Hwy was good to great. I read that it sold last year so I am not sure about it now. Also near downtown diagonal across the street from the Methodist Church was a hamburger place that was good. I think it is named The Green Pickle. Oh and on one corner of the square is an Italian place that is pretty good. That's all from about a year ago. Good luck.

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/11/19 12:59 PM

You could try the Loco Coyote. Google it. It's a little further outside of town.

I have never been there, but know people who have. Don't know about the food. A lot of biker clubs (doctors and lawyers on motorcycles) seem to go there on weekend club drives

Maybe someone else knows more about them.
Posted By: thedmpman

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/12/19 07:34 PM

I haven't been in a while but always had a good experience with Local Coyote. Riverhouse Grille just off the square isn't bad either.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/13/19 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by billdancejr.
My son has an ahem....soccer tournament there this weekend. Nothing I would rather do except for elective surgery, mow, or taxes than to attend this thing. I was hoping for some good eating suggestions to maybe help alleviate the pain. TIA.

The Storiebook Cafe is rated #1 on Trip Advisor for a great reason! Great people and great food! cheers

The Pie Peddlers on the square has some great pies and if you have a few minutes the White Buffalo Mercantile and Gallery just across the street is worth a stop.

If you are there for a couple days or so and you love great Italian then take a short drive past Lake Granbury and eat at Joe's Pasta in Granbury! cheers

You will thank me later. welcome

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/13/19 03:51 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will let y'all know come Monday! food
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/19/19 03:50 AM

Stop by the Snow Shack for a shaved ice. It's on Bernard St, on the way into town. Best shaved ice in TX. Tell my ex wife I'm an AH and she may give you extra syrup smile
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/20/19 04:34 PM

there are lots of spots
right there
look for Chef Connie
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 06/20/19 05:43 PM

Chef Connie is at Depot Cafe in Walnut Springs

Loco Coyote is going to be the best food but it's real busy on weekends.
In Glen Rose go with Green Pickle for juicy burgers, BackPorch for pretty good burgers.
DragonFly Eatery on 144 south has great food (plate lunches)
RiverHouse grill is good too
Posted By: StayingBent

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 07/09/19 11:51 AM

Glen Rose - Loco Coyote must go
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 07/09/19 09:51 PM

Loco is very good and entertaining.

Re: Glen Rose recommendations? - 07/11/19 11:33 PM

Well ..... you should have been there and returned by now. Where did you go???
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum