PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:04 PM

Plead guilty.

Thoughts?
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:08 PM

hung
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:09 PM

12 years or more would sit well with me, War does things to people, a lot of it is not good, 12 years in prison I could live with.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:10 PM

popcorn....waiting to see what the sentencing phase will be like.
Posted By: TR176

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:11 PM

His sentence should be to live in the Taliban paradise he seems to love so much.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TR176
His sentence should be to live in the Taliban paradise he seems to love so much.

And take his dad with him.
Posted By: Cast

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:15 PM

Pronounced guilty on all counts.

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Pronounced guilty on all counts.

He plead guilty on all counts I believe.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:47 PM

But, but, but...

The Obamas said Bergdahl served with honor and distinction.

Then again, Mr Obama and I might have different ideas on what honor is.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:54 PM

Is it too late to get the Taliban Five back?
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Pilothawk

But, but, but...

roflmao Definitely.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 07:08 PM

Five years on the desertion charge to Life on the other charge. We'll see in a week.
Posted By: SgtDag

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills
hung
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 08:13 PM

A whole bunch of years making little rocks out of big ones.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 08:29 PM

Extermination
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Dag²Bill
Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills
hung
Posted By: Fishingking

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 09:01 PM

Looking at the dad in the photo op with the president it appears he had a good upbringing. loco
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Moto-Moto
Plead guilty.

Thoughts?

Life in Leavenworth would be fitting.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 09:56 PM

The men who died looking for him didn't get the chance at life, even if it is in prison. I think we should bring back execution and that would be to good for him. I could care less about the old, well we should all just get in a circle and for give him because he had a bad mother or dad or child hood and he didn't get his trophy. BaBA this is just sicking.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 09:57 PM

and we trade 5 people who want us dead for this traitor.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 10:00 PM

If you would’ve deserted your post during the civil war, they would’ve hung you or shot you in the head... I didn’t serve. I do not know what war is like. But you can bet your [censored] that if i did, I wouldn’t have left my post and put other soldiers lives at stake. I have the utmost respect and thankfulness for those that do and did serve. No one forced him to enlist. I would like to think he did it to serve our great nation and combat terror. But for him to do what he did, I think they should hang him. I think he’s a poon.

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
The men who died looking for him didn't get the chance at life, even if it is in prison. I think we should bring back execution and that would be to good for him. I could care less about the old, well we should all just get in a circle and for give him because he had a bad mother or dad or child hood and he didn't get his trophy. BaBA this is just sicking.

I think officially a SEAL and a Army Reservist were wounded looking for him.

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 10:14 PM

I pondered this for a long time, all things said they should have traded less for him but traded something, he is after all ours, granted a large steaming pile of s--t, but ours. Never leave a soldier behind, never.

And if I understand the trade deal correctly, the 5 will be under the custody and watchful eye of Qatar indefinitely? I may have heard this wrong.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: eagle 2

I pondered this for a long time, all things said they should have traded less for him but traded something, he is after all ours, granted a large steaming pile of s--t, but ours. Never leave a soldier behind, never.

And if I understand the trade deal correctly, the 5 will be under the custody and watchful eye of Qatar indefinitely? I may have heard this wrong.

I have absolutely no problem leaving a deserter behind.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/16/17 11:50 PM

Deserter=SCUM

If execution is out (that could be part of the plea deal) then lock his azz up and throw away the key.

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 12:05 AM

If you think Qatar is going to monitor them....you're sadly mistaken my friend.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 12:08 AM

Maximum allowable punishment
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 12:18 AM

I have visited Leavenworth, the time there is totally unlike any in a civilian institution, he deserves every second he has to spend there.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 12:58 AM

I will respect the decision of the court.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 01:44 AM

The guy had the nuts to say he only pled guilty because he couldnt get a fair trial with our current pres. Real piece of work. Whats even more sad is the whole country knew he was a traitor and we still traded for him.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 01:46 AM

Leavenworth is lovely this time of year.

Cool crisp nights, hint of warmth during the sunny days.
Posted By: Jaredk

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 02:05 AM

Man I wish I could find the bergdahl thread from years ago. I mentioned what a POS he is....and got blasted by a ton of OTers. One in particular comes to mind..he really let me "have it" because I couldn't tell him why I thought the traitor was a pos!
Posted By: bush hog

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 12:40 PM

He should have to stand trial. Maybe then Obama would have to testify why he release 5 Taliban leaders for this one scumbag deserter.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 12:46 PM

What if they said the 5 guys was the least they would take for him? Are you really ok with trading 5 guys for one traitor? What if they had said 10 guys was the least they'd take?
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 12:58 PM

Nope, once you are a deserter, you are no longer ours. I'd lock him up for life, and shoot his goofy liberal Dad and Mom just for spawning this pos. Speaking of steaming piles of shixt, Obama comes to mind.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 04:00 PM

According to the news, we lost 6 guys looking for him!!

AND - AND - AND

He undoubtedly costs us lives of several guys who were trying to defend COP Keating (read Red Platoon by Medal of Honor recipient Clinton Romesha - or if you see him, just ask him his opinion of Bergdahl!) - we lost 8 guys that day - because the support we needed was looking for him!!

I still can't believe we traded multiple bad guys for 1 bad guy. AND Obama called him a "hero"

Just blows my mind.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Davis

Nope, once you are a deserter, you are no longer ours. I'd lock him up for life, and shoot his goofy liberal Dad and Mom just for spawning this pos. Speaking of steaming piles of shixt, Obama comes to mind.

Seriously Bob, I agree with you on most political issues. But man you have to cut it with the killing people. You're a Christian Right? You think killing his parents is an answer? Really? Bro, what is your pastor teaching on Sunday?

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 04:15 PM

I think as well, in history, we have never been faced with a deserter being used for anything by our enemies, barter trade etc. I know we have done prisoner of war exchanges, but deserter? Any history buffs out there know of any instances where we traded for a deserter? If I were president, I would have traded something for him, just don't think as much as Obama did.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 05:02 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/2809352/bowe-bergdahl-deserter-army-taliban/%3fsource=dam

2nd Lt Andrews was the son of my Dads high school buddy
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Seriously Bob, I agree with you on most political issues. But man you have to cut it with the killing people. You're a Christian Right? You think killing his parents is an answer? Really? Bro, what is your pastor teaching on Sunday?

Yes, you are right. My bad. Ok, we should lock them all up then. grin
Posted By: John175☮

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 05:14 PM

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: H.Town_paddler

I'm on your side here uncle Bob. Bust caps in they a$$!
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: E8C-ENG
Man I wish I could find the bergdahl thread from years ago. I mentioned what a POS he is....and got blasted by a ton of OTers. One in particular comes to mind..he really let me "have it" because I couldn't tell him why I thought the traitor was a pos!

I remember it.

Are you at liberty to say how many man hours and JP8 was wasted on that dude? He owns the deaths of US Servicemen, just wonder how many dollars were wasted.
Posted By: Slefler

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/17/17 10:48 PM

He deserves a Blood Eagle, publicly.
Posted By: mikryl

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/18/17 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: ko bass attack 27
I will respect the decision of the court.

WOW
Posted By: ROT Angler

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/18/17 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Pilothawk

But, but, but...

I hate to think that I actually agree with something B-HO said. He did serve, "THE ENEMY", with honor. Not B-HO's enemy just the United States Enemy. Lives were lost due to his treasonous actions in a time of war. Firing squad, or hanging dealers choice.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/18/17 01:08 PM

Correct. Even if the soldier is a true POS who needs to be hanged, he's OUR soldier, and OUR responsibility.
Posted By: ROT Angler

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/18/17 01:14 PM

The 5 terrorist we traded should have been "released" at 30k feet directly over BagDad with explosives attached. That would have been a good trade.

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/18/17 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Correct. Even if the soldier is a true POS who needs to be hanged, he's OUR soldier, and OUR responsibility.

Nope. Leave him.
Posted By: BigDave1

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/18/17 01:40 PM

Why should we pay to house this low life. Desertion! He needs a firing squad to settle the issue. Plain & simple. frown

Re: PVT Bergdahl - 10/18/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: BigDave1
Why should we pay to house this low life. Desertion! He needs a firing squad to settle the issue. Plain & simple. frown

I suspect if he were ever encountered during the many patrols sent out to find him, he would have been shot by a friendly, this I feel strongly about, many in the AO (area of operations) appeared to know that he walked off his post and he was high on the POS factor.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum