Texas Fishing Forum

Whipped

Posted By: RangerBass21

Whipped - 09/26/16 08:54 PM

What's the best way to break it to a buddy that's he's extremely whipped and his wife runs all over him without sounding like you're disrespecting his marriage??
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 08:59 PM

just make the whapishhh sound whenever he mentions her.

whip
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:00 PM

Need to see pic of his wife before I can offer advice.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:03 PM

There is no easy way but he prolly already knows it.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:07 PM

Just tell him that you admire how easy it is for him to place his family jewels in his wife's purse.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:12 PM

He definitely knows it, but his and her behavior patterns are set in stone. He was probably whipped when dating her and it's continued into marriage. Never, ever talk negatively about someone's wife (only if after the papers are signed) However, feel free to make fun of him with the whappishhhh sound.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:13 PM

It's not your wreck. Move along.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:17 PM

Don't stir it if it stinks.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:24 PM

A bigger question is this...

If you confront her yourself, in front of the both of them while she's beating him down, will you banned from the friendship? Will your buddy succumb to her demands if she gets mad at you?

The answer to the original question is this...she needs to be confronted and have it pointed out to her. Whether he does it, or you, the buddy who sees it, will be of consequence, but the severity is to be determined.

Addendum: In the end, if you see he's stressed out, then by all means, something should be said to confront the issue.
Addendum II: Many people will just tell you to mind your own binessssss...

...------
Posted By: Devil Horse

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:27 PM

just flat out tell him hes a punk thats letting his wife run over him but like one poster already said, he prob already knows he is.
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:31 PM

Over a 12 pack and she's not around !
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:33 PM

Careful could backfire on ya...then you could loose your bud...unless she is cheating on him leave it alone...
2cents
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:38 PM

Why say anything? It's his marriage.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:39 PM

Read James 1:19. Do that.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:42 PM

if he's married there's no fixing it.

once the precedent is set, there's no going back

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Indianation65
A bigger question is this...

If you confront her yourself, in front of the both of them while she's beating him down, will you banned from the friendship? Will your buddy succumb to her demands if she gets mad at you?

The answer to the original question is this...she needs to be confronted and have it pointed out to her. Whether he does it, or you, the buddy who sees it, will be of consequence, but the severity is to be determined.

Addendum: In the end, if you see he's stressed out, then by all means, something should be said to confront the issue.
Addendum II: Many people will just tell you to mind your own binessssss...

...------

Ohhh she hates me roflmao

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 09:49 PM

Well it's gotten to the point, we were suppose to go fishing Saturday and Friday I called he didn't answer, Friday night I called no answer, Saturday morning called no answer, then around noon, he was tagged in video by his wife shopping and he was standing there holding clothes she picked out and her laughing saying he's such a good boy roflmao

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:00 PM

oh my
Posted By: Metal Man

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Tallgrass05
thumb
Posted By: txshotgun

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
Well it's gotten to the point, we were suppose to go fishing Saturday and Friday I called he didn't answer, Friday night I called no answer, Saturday morning called no answer, then around noon, he was tagged in video by his wife shopping and he was standing there holding clothes she picked out and her laughing saying he's such a good boy roflmao

Wow. How long have they been married? That's a marriage that sounds doomed.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:05 PM

Stay out of it if you want him to still be your friend. He may not be too crazy about the way you lead your life either but has never said anything. Best to let it lie.
Posted By: malibu6501

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:20 PM

Dis him and his wife. She will wonder why you aren't around anymore and will encourage outings. You get your friend back, you friend gets to go out, and she isn't known publicly as the b.

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: malibu6501
Dis him and his wife. She will wonder why you aren't around anymore and will encourage outings. You get your friend back, you friend gets to go out, and she isn't known publicly as the b.

I'm not sure about this. That kind of woman would be happy if her man didn't have any other friends (besides her friends' husbands)
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:24 PM

Take a dump in his van. He will get the idea.

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:33 PM

If you are serious, and this woman does not like you, then there is nothing to lose.

If your buddy will maintain his friendship with you, he should step up and put her in her place, ooooooooooooooooooooor, you do it.

Addendum: If you go into a squabble with her in front of him, and he's tired of her bossiness, he'll eat it up seeing you talk "man" to her.

Good luck.

...------

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:35 PM

Facebook it

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:36 PM

If you are serious, and this woman does not like you, then there is nothing to lose.

If your buddy will maintain his friendship with you, he should step up and put her in her place, ooooooooooooooooooooor, you do it.

Addendum: If you go into a squabble with her in front of him, and he's tired of her bossiness, he'll eat it up seeing you talk "man" to her.

Good luck.

...------

how long have you been single?

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:39 PM

Never married, not scared of women, and after loads of girlfriends, I've never taken any nonsense from them.

In return, I don't treat women poorly, but in the end, it's all perspective and nobody is perfect.

...------

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ

Good luck.

...------

how long have you been single?
clap

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 11:10 PM

Never married, not scared of women, and after loads of girlfriends, I've never taken any nonsense from them.

In return, I don't treat women poorly, but in the end, it's all perspective and nobody is perfect.

...------

I'm the same way. But treating a friend's wife that way is just going to make his life miserable

You can't win in this situation. You can say something to the friend if it really means that much to you, but 99% of the time he's going to side with his wife.

As for confronting the wife, unless he is unhappy and you catch him at the right moment, there is no chance he is going to "step up and put her in her place." He's way more likely to put you in your place
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Davedave
Take a dump in his van. He will get the idea.

Works errytime.
Posted By: Space

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 11:16 PM

"Honey, I want to go out with the guys tonight can I borrow my Richard.

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 11:17 PM

Sticking up for your friend is not necessarily equated with treating the wife poorly, but you are right. It seems like a no-win situation, and it's up to the husband to stand up for himself. I was just answering 21's question with my view.

...------

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 11:21 PM

I don't even necessarily mean treating her badly, but calling out a buddy's wife in front of both of them is not going to end well. Most likely outcome is you are no longer friends - either by his choice or not - and he catches hell for it for days, weeks, maybe months.

But! there is that small chance it could bring him to his senses.

Re: Whipped - 09/26/16 11:31 PM

if the guy is all ready whispering "whipped" in his ear then I think he knows.

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 02:10 AM

I'd never mention to his wife, nor would I, she doesn't like me nor do I like her, for many of reasons but I'm sure she knows, cause I'm sure she can hear me in the background saying " come on dude, Get of the *@$^^#* phone. "
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
What's the best way to break it to a buddy that's he's extremely whipped and his wife runs all over him without sounding like you're disrespecting his marriage??

He will find out on his own.
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Tallgrass05

This. Really it's NOYDB
Posted By: Jon

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 03:00 AM

Better to be P----Whipped than hen-pecked. roflmao
Posted By: Drodge

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 03:00 AM

Just quit asking him to go fishing with you and when he asks why you have asked him to go tell him your boat can't take off with the leash he's tied to.

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Drodge
Just quit asking him to go fishing with you and when he asks why you have asked him to go tell him your boat can't take off with the leash he's tied to.

This roflmao
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 04:26 AM

Sounds to me like you've got more of a friend issue than a friend's wife issue. If I'm supposed to go fishing with someone, and they don't return my phone calls, then bail on me without notice or proper explanation, I wouldn't be fishing with that "buddy" again. Add the fact that's it's because he's a big ol' P...later bud.
Posted By: JamesW

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 04:29 AM

I'm whipped by my wife, no complaints.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 05:30 AM

Ask if you can come over when she's there, wear nothing but a t-shirt and boxer shorts. When he opens the door, ask if you can come in, then sit down in the living room and declare "Friend, since you don't wear the pants in this house, I figured I would come on over and show some support for your candy a$$". Pop a beer and get comfy.
Posted By: BASS GURU

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 07:17 AM

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he doesn't mind being whipped? My guess is he wouldn't change a thing.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 10:18 AM

Some guys like being whipped, usually they were raised by females.
Posted By: Frank I

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 12:29 PM

If you want to maintain your friendship with him, you need to stay out of it.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 06:42 PM

If he's a good friend, best to stay out of it.
If he's the sort of good friend that would help you move a body then maybe you should ask his wife if she'd be OK with clearing him for that assignment?
not that you needed that help right now or anything, but just in case it were to come up sometime, you know.
Posted By: Twotoes

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 07:05 PM

Mind your own bleeping business.
Posted By: Kahuna

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 07:19 PM

Nunya
Posted By: JFGloor

Re: Whipped - 09/27/16 08:44 PM

I had a friend with a wife that was kinda turning into a pain. I decided on the banks of the Guadalupe after several beers to let her know. They got divorced shortly after that.

Miss you 1Shot!
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Whipped - 10/06/16 06:58 PM

Lmao. I'm just reading this...good times
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Whipped - 10/06/16 09:41 PM

Just stay out of it because it is just none of your business.
Posted By: DJB

Re: Whipped - 10/07/16 03:00 AM

My wife's little brother was one of my best friends Never thought he would end up pw by his wife We had a run in with b**** wife and he took her side Been many years ago and we have little contact. I lost a friend and my wife lost her brother Wish it all would have been handled different. Be careful
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum