Texas Fishing Forum

Pets/animals

Posted By: Westside.

Pets/animals - 04/24/24 02:20 AM

I've had birds, rabbits, fish, dogs, cats, horse, lizards, cows, alpaca, chickens, pigs, snek, crabs. What all animals y'all have?
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 02:26 AM

Many dogs, 1 cat, 1 rooster and 1 pig. Had other chickens and pigs but we ate them, figured they don't count.

Scratch that, we did eat Fred afterall.
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 02:29 AM

Dogs mostly, a couple of cats, wife has 2 fish tanks. I had crabs...once!
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 02:31 AM

Dogs , fish , donkey and one horse . Leaning on getting another fish tank I still got a lot of decor but when I looked at Pets marts the tanks and stand have gotten expensive. Oh did have a rooster I named Spunky Rooster that I think a Opossum killed
Posted By: Jonah's View

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 03:08 AM

dogs all through life, and a lot of fish, but as a kid down in Beeville dad was always saving some critter, we had a Red-tailed hawk for a year that he nursed back to health, a fox, all kinds of snakes, lizards, turtles, mice to feed the snakes...lol, some of my fondest memories with dad was spending a day at a creek wading turning over rocks and catching things, either to feed something we were keeping or to just add them to an aquarium to watch for awhile then turn loose, it was always an adventure... he was always teaching us... awesome thread OP !!! thanks for taking me back to a simpler time...
cheers thumb

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 03:12 AM

I'm thinking about just catching some crawdads and get another crab throw in aquarium, my other aquarium sprung a massive leak, Rios died, terrible mess on hardwood floors, those giant Australian crawdads look awesome
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 03:15 AM

Pops was a falconer. We had some cool birds.

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 03:33 AM

Hi Beez, how's it going
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 03:41 AM

Dogs, several breeds, 2 house cats and a couple of garage strays, fish, guinea pig, rabbit, rooster, and a turchicken. The turchicken was neat. My daughter hatched it at school and they let her keep it. It followed her around the yard. I have a pet graveyard in my yard. 5 dogs, 1 cat, turchicken, and bunny. Last burial was tough. Abbey was as the kindest most gentle dog and loved everyone 2 legged or 4.
Posted By: DavidWhatley

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 04:00 AM

2 or 3 raccoons, monkey, duck, rooster, 2 Billy goats for a couple days, couple 3 cats and maybe a dozen or so dogs. No snakes or rats.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 04:09 AM

parrot, mcaws, myna bird, homing pigeons, birmingham rollers, chickens, red tailed hawk, squirrels, bobcat, coyote, rabbits, pony, goat, rattle snakes, fox

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 04:10 AM

Just dogs for me, because I'm not weird.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 04:13 AM

Couple of pet rocks 🪨

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 04:16 AM

[Linked Image]

Almost forgot… raccoons today

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 04:20 AM

Love your coins, awesome

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 04:21 AM

How's Lucky fairing?

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Gusick
Just dogs for me, because I'm not weird.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 10:05 AM

I’ve had Dogs, cats, fish, quail, chickens, geese, turtles. I’m down to one beagle hound now and she is enough
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 10:26 AM

3 dogs and 2 fish
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 01:32 PM

Dogs and one cat... Dan
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 01:41 PM

dogs,cats,squirrel....and a coot.........found almost dead coot one day caught in trot line...my two boys wanted to take him home and nurse him back to health....we did but he never got tame and would peck you if you got near him...he escaped the cage we had built for him and we never saw him again....
found the squirrel when he was a baby,gave him to my parents and he lived outside with them for several years til he escaped his cage and disappeared....
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 02:22 PM

I have an anaconda.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Pets/animals - 04/24/24 03:47 PM

Let's see...

Dogs, cats, lizards, snakes, fish, spiders, frogs, crawdads... and I think that's it.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Pets/animals - 04/25/24 12:57 AM

Motels should take dogs from the local animal shelter so guests have something to pet when they don’t have anything else to do. If they decide to keep the dog, they just add $30 bucks to the bill.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Pets/animals - 04/25/24 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by rj74955
I have an anaconda.

Pygmy anaconda?
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Pets/animals - 04/25/24 02:18 AM

Dogs, all German Shepherds, until we got the Great Pyrenees. The Great Pyrenees is awesome. Huge, he dwarfs the male shepherd, but what a calm dog. He'll bark if something is up or someone is here, but he's generally laid back. He has two barks, one when he is annoyed with shepherds and another real deep one if someone or something shows up. His only drawback is he drools. That's some slimy stuff.

Re: Pets/animals - 04/25/24 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.
How's Lucky fairing?

[Linked Image]

Doing well, just hanging out with his buds as usual.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum