Texas Fishing Forum

New hunting rig

Posted By: junbengreat

New hunting rig - 04/19/24 12:54 AM

My neighbor sells these Hijet deck vans for hunting. These things are nice!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 12:56 AM

Cost?

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 12:58 AM

$31k.

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 12:59 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:00 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:00 AM

Does it have the clearance of a groundhog?
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:01 AM

Interesting, but needs better wheel well clearance.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:02 AM

what the hell were they smokin?

ground clearance sucks. ask me how I know. roflmao

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:02 AM

nice golf cart for a 36 hole round though. thumb

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:03 AM

Great looking interior but we'd high center that joker trying to get it out of the shop.

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:07 AM

we have had one of these for about 6 months now, heat/ac/electric front windows/quiet. has the street/mud tires 30" and does good out here.

[Linked Image]

just sayin.

ours is camo though
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by junbengreat

[Linked Image]

Da fuq??? You can NOT look at that and honestly say that's not a midget Honda Ridgeline!
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:25 AM

I don’t know. That thing looks cool as hell. If it holds up it could be very capable for most hunters.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:28 AM

I like Hop's rig mo' better.

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder

me too, hopin we get a couple more. woot

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
I don’t know. That thing looks cool as hell. If it holds up it could be very capable for most hunters.

I have 5.00 that says first time it hits 6" deep mud it is done.

looks nice but from experience (kawasaki mules mainly, heavy steel) that it will be stuck, 4,500# winch on each end and your good if there are trees handy.

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:35 AM

lake vehicle, neighborhood vehicle, cruise the maintained roads of the ranch and you're good, hunting and mud and not so sure.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:36 AM

Carpet and tinted windows. That's pretty bourgeois for a utv.

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Gusick
Carpet and tinted windows. That's pretty bourgeois for a utv.

when you are neck deep in mud it is nice to have something comfortable to retreat to.

just sayin. nuts
Posted By: Slicefixer

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong
lake vehicle, neighborhood vehicle, cruise the maintained roads of the ranch and you're good, hunting and mud and not so sure.

/\that/\
Posted By: WAWI

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 12:51 PM

My tundra does a fine job as a hunting vehicle
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
My tundra does a fine job as a hunting vehicle

June's rig looks like a Tundra ate a Chevy and crapped out a Ford!
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 01:53 PM

There's no dog boxes on that thing.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:06 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: COFF

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:17 PM

I'm still waiting on a EV UTV that has 4 wheel independent suspension, can climb a >45 deg rocky slope, make a 3' deep water crossing, run a winch and spot/flood lights, and haul 4 men plus 300 lbs of corn for 12-14 hours a day with no worries of running out of battery.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder

thumb
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:40 PM

put a lift on it
Posted By: Trickster

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:50 PM

Looks like a rough riding beast.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:52 PM

I'm out on right hand drive.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 02:56 PM

You know, I'm not mad at it. Remember the Suzuki Samurai, everybody dogged on those when they came out. Then a cult following happened and they became one of the most capable off road vehicles. Maybe this has that chance???
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 03:05 PM

Did it come with a Yeti ?
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 03:15 PM

I mean, for a specialized vehicle it ok
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 03:23 PM

My mom has one, truck version with a little diesel in it. Bumpiest thing I have ever rode in, but it has a shorter wheel base. Front cab is tight. Im only 6ft tall and it's not meant for me. Hers new was 21k with a small lift kit. She likes it.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 04:26 PM

Spend half that and get a 4x4 k truck from Japan

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
You know, I'm not mad at it. Remember the Suzuki Samurai, everybody dogged on those when they came out. Then a cult following happened and they became one of the most capable off road vehicles. Maybe this has that chance???

I've gone offroad in one. I was amazed.
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 08:14 PM

What's called hunting nowadays cracks me up. A heated ride out your heated shelter. TV and probably music. A fridge...yep that is really hunting and roughing it...:) Probably got someone who will chase the game to you where you shoot the game, somebody cleans it, and you ride back to your lodge in your nice heated rig. And then over drinks you can brag about the tough day hunting you had and how that animal you killed was a tough shot dontcha know...:) None of this hiking with your gear on your back into the mountains, camping in the cold and snow, actually stalking the game, shooting it, packing it back out...kinda like the pioneers had to do and old timey hunters did...old times being prior to the 90's...:)

I got nothing against being comfortable....but calling it hunting is stretching it. More like it should just be called shooting.

Yeah I know...us olds sure had it rough back in the day since we were so old fashioned...:)

Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Techfisher
What's called hunting nowadays cracks me up. A heated ride out your heated shelter. TV and probably music. A fridge...yep that is really hunting and roughing it...:) Probably got someone who will chase the game to you where you shoot the game, somebody cleans it, and you ride back to your lodge in your nice heated rig. And then over drinks you can brag about the tough day hunting you had and how that animal you killed was a tough shot dontcha know...:) None of this hiking with your gear on your back into the mountains, camping in the cold and snow, actually stalking the game, shooting it, packing it back out...kinda like the pioneers had to do and old timey hunters did...old times being prior to the 90's...:)

I got nothing against being comfortable....but calling it hunting is stretching it. More like it should just be called shooting.

Yeah I know...us olds sure had it rough back in the day since we were so old fashioned...:)

That wasn’t the question. Do you like your job?

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

That wasn’t the question. Do you like your job?

Do you like your gig ?

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 08:37 PM

Posted By: Techfisher

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 09:07 PM

I don't like my job/gig, I don't like cold weather, I don't like short people, I don't like politicians, I don't like religion...i don't even like myself...and I'm totally self-centered....that should cover any of your future questions sawhorse and yee-yee

Oh but I do like fishing and cold margaritas...:)
Posted By: MBradford

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 09:18 PM

At a friend's place outside of Kerrville there is a window in the den with no screen. Raise the window, rest your rifle on the back of the sofa, and shoot a deer at the feeder across the pasture.
Posted By: COFF

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 10:24 PM

So... sort of like FFS?

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford

At a friend's place outside of Kerrville there is a window in the den with no screen. Raise the window, rest your rifle on the back of the sofa, and shoot a deer at the feeder across the pasture.

one of my neighbors in comfort had depredation tags for doe, used to sit on his porch and knock off 2-3 once or twice a month.

there was no shortage of bambis back then.

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 11:08 PM

I don't like my job/gig, I don't like cold weather, I don't like short people, I don't like politicians, I don't like religion...i don't even like myself...and I'm totally self-centered....that should cover any of your future questions sawhorse and yee-yee

Oh but I do like fishing and cold margaritas...:)

If I'm being honest here I don't like deer hunting. Texas is so very different than where I hunted in OK. We went mostly for rabbit, quail and pheasant. Deer hunting was just about meat. There was no camp, blinds, or feeders, but it was free.
Posted By: Clearwater7

Re: New hunting rig - 04/19/24 11:36 PM

Pretty cool. Never even heard of one (before it was modified).
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: New hunting rig - 04/20/24 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by junbengreat

[Linked Image]

thumb
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: New hunting rig - 04/20/24 11:51 AM

That thing looks retarded...

Re: New hunting rig - 04/20/24 12:29 PM

Most can't shoot. Depends get cold quick on a frosty morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum