Texas Fishing Forum

Ozempic update

Posted By: machinist

Ozempic update - 04/11/24 11:02 PM

My Dr. changed me to Ozempic for my Type 2 diabetes 11 months ago. I went to my Cardiologist today and I have lost 46 pounds since I started Ozempic. So far I have not had any of the side effects that some people are having. The other plus is my A1C last month was 5.6.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Ozempic update - 04/11/24 11:09 PM

clap
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Ozempic update - 04/11/24 11:34 PM

thumb
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Ozempic update - 04/11/24 11:50 PM

Very nice!

Does it suppress your hunger or how does it work?
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Ozempic update - 04/11/24 11:54 PM

Does your insurance cover it? What is the approximate cost to you?
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 12:00 AM

Interested
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 12:18 AM

thumb
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 12:43 AM

Following . . . .with interest.
Posted By: tech

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 01:34 AM

henry meds online

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 01:51 AM

I get it thru my insurance online and it is $94 for 3 months my cost. Yeah it suppresses your appetite. Many days Inwill only eat 2 meals and it cut down on how much I eat at each meal.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by HasBen
Does your insurance cover it? What is the approximate cost to you?

Medicare covers it if you are diagnosed as diabetic so next year $2000 is the max pay. About $900 month for brand name without ins. About $200-300 month if you get an MD to write a copy drug though a compound pharmacy. Private will pay if you are diabetic and the price is dependent on what your coverage is.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by crankn101
Very nice!

Does it suppress your hunger or how does it work?

Like any diabetes drug it stimulates your pancreas to release insulin and slows down the speed food passes through the small intestine. It also has the amity to cause folks to fell full sooner and thus stope eating, it is taken once a week by sub Q injection.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 12:35 PM

do you stop taking it after you lose the weight?
Posted By: n2ratfishin

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher
do you stop taking it after you lose the weight?

Found out I was type II while going through an Army program to lose weight. They put me on Trulicty and Metformin. It took a while to get regulated, but other than my blood sugar now dipping too low about 10 every day and feeling like chit for a few mins it's been great. I've lost over 50 pounds in a year, in the gym three times a week, and eat MUCH better. My doc says I will likely be on meds for the diabetes the rest of my life.

The issue here in TN is finding it in stock. I have switched to mail order but even they have a tough time keeping it with soooooooo many just paying for weight loss.

Budget for new clothes LOL.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 05:13 PM

Last year my Doc said that Ozempic can also help lower Cholesterol. He said he could switch me from Atorvistatin to Ozempic. Then he told me about the Shot in the stomach each week. I said, no thanks. I'm good with my current stuff.

But, I think some docs may prescribe this Ozempic for Cholesterol and also for weight control. But I am not a fan.

https://statcarewalkin.com/info/ozempic-high-cholesterol-3.html
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Last year my Doc said that Ozempic can also help lower Cholesterol. He said he could switch me from Atorvistatin to Ozempic. Then he told me about the Shot in the stomach each week. I said, no thanks. I'm good with my current stuff.

But, I think some docs may prescribe this Ozempic for Cholesterol and also for weight control. But I am not a fan.

https://statcarewalkin.com/info/ozempic-high-cholesterol-3.html

not sure you're insurance would pay for it either. Mine offered, but he said it would be very expensive unless i was at least pre-diabetic. I am not.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 05:52 PM

Congrats!
That's a lot of weight.

I'm forced to use the D and E method......diet and exercise.
Posted By: Clearwater7

Re: Ozempic update - 04/12/24 08:33 PM

thumb

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 01:20 PM

Just a fyi I do my shots in my thighs once a week. No biggie. The needle is supplied with the pen and it is so small you can barely see it. Maybe 3/16” long
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 02:00 PM

The danger with Ozempic and other drugs like it is that people lose weight, but most of it is muscle. Healthy weight loss is ideally something like 2/3 fat and 1/3 muscle. (It's very hard to lose weight and not lose any muscle.) Weight loss with Ozempic tends to be the reverse of healthy weight loss. 2/3 muscle 1/3 fat. So, you lose weight, but actually wind up fatter. That is to say your percentage of body fat to total weight goes up. You are skinny fat.

So... if you are going to take these drugs... Make sure you are getting plenty of protein and you are doing a ton of resistance training. I'd highly encourage people to get regular dexa or inbody scans to keep track of changing body composition.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
The danger with Ozempic and other drugs like it is that people lose weight, but most of it is muscle. Healthy weight loss is ideally something like 2/3 fat and 1/3 muscle. (It's very hard to lose weight and not lose any muscle.) Weight loss with Ozempic tends to be the reverse of healthy weight loss. 2/3 muscle 1/3 fat. So, you lose weight, but actually wind up fatter. That is to say your percentage of body fat to total weight goes up. You are skinny fat.

So... if you are going to take these drugs... Make sure you are getting plenty of protein and you are doing a ton of resistance training. I'd highly encourage people to get regular dexa or inbody scans to keep track of changing body composition.

Easy off makes for easy back on. Muscle mass helps the calorie burn so I'm betting there are metabolic issues without a lifestyle change when you come off it. People who take it solely for wieght loss better have a good exit strategy or they will be right back to being fat.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 03:40 PM

I have seen it in the medical field as WAWI is describing... it comes back fast! Diet and exercise is the only way to curve that big arse. Cut the calories, put down the cheeseburger and eat healthier! Monjouro and Ozempic are these new meds that ppl think are magic... until they stop and that fat arse comes right back in 2 weeks with a vengeance! Usually its worse than before....
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 03:48 PM

Yeah, but that's hard. Americans want a way that's easy.
Posted By: OTFF

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Easy off makes for easy back on. Muscle mass helps the calorie burn so I'm betting there are metabolic issues without a lifestyle change when you come off it. People who take it solely for wieght loss better have a good exit strategy or they will be right back to being fat.

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
I have seen it in the medical field as WAWI is describing... it comes back fast! Diet and exercise is the only way to curve that big arse. Cut the calories, put down the cheeseburger and eat healthier! Monjouro and Ozempic are these new meds that ppl think are magic... until they stop and that fat arse comes right back in 2 weeks with a vengeance! Usually its worse than before....

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Yeah, but that's hard. Americans want a way that's easy.

Pretty much covers the entire concept of weight loss. Eat healthy foods and stay as active as possible. ALL other diets are simply gimmicks. Fewer calories in, more calories expended is the only answer really.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 04:03 PM

Eat less, move around more.

100% effective, free, works on every body type and every lifestyle.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by COFF

My GP says 'More foot, less fork'.
Posted By: Canino

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 07:24 PM

About 8 years ago, a friend of mine had decided to get gastric bypass surgery. She asked me to go to the initial appointment with her because she had no family nearby.

The surgeon was one of the top gastric docs in Dallas, and he told her exactly that. He said point-blank that the only way to lose weight is to consume fewer calories. He said the surgery is just a tool for those who cannot make themselves eat less.

She had the surgery anyway. It almost killed her 3 different times with complications, including a bleed that required emergency surgery the day afterwards. But it did work - she's at a healthy weight now.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 07:26 PM

Testosterone is tye way to go, but people can do what they want and I hope them all tye best.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 07:36 PM

My A1C typically revolves around my diet. I lost 52 pounds (from 210 to 158) by running - the doctor got all excited about how low my A1C was then going to be. It did not move at all. I just started month 3 of almost no carbs/sugar trying to get mine off the 7.5 mark from February. It's hard. But hopefully worth it in the long run.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Canino

About 8 years ago, a friend of mine had decided to get gastric bypass surgery. She asked me to go to the initial appointment with her because she had no family nearby.

The surgeon was one of the top gastric docs in Dallas, and he told her exactly that. He said point-blank that the only way to lose weight is to consume fewer calories. He said the surgery is just a tool for those who cannot make themselves eat less.

She had the surgery anyway. It almost killed her 3 different times with complications, including a bleed that required emergency surgery the day afterwards. But it did work - she's at a healthy weight now.

Pics?
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

Pics?

LOL
Man
Posted By: Canino

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

Pics?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Ozempic update - 04/16/24 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by crankn101
Testosterone is tye way to go, but people can do what they want and I hope them all tye best.

if you need it. my levels were in the low 200's. I am now 1000 after my weekly shot and falling to 450 the day before. Also, I take HCG twice a week with 1/2 tab of anastrozole. fighting horrible tendinitis now. started BPC-157 for that this week. its all a rabbit hole that requires a lot of maintenance.

GETTING OLD SUCKS!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum