Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 02:57 PM

Dallas own Scottie Scheffler
Posted By: JackMason

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mark C

That's a safe pick. Who's your wildcard?
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:03 PM

Not sure how any of the LIV guys are playing these days, PGA Tour players I like Wyndham Clark and Justin Thomas
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:04 PM

DooDoo
Posted By: WAWI

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:06 PM

Rahm
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:07 PM

Corby DooDoo’d at The Masters
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:07 PM

Definitely would prefer any PGA player over LIV.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Rahm

365 million reasons to not really care, but hard to blame him I guess
Posted By: Mark C

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by JackMason

Matsuyama. He's playing as well right now as anyone not named Scottie.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by JackMason

Matsuyama. He's playing as well right now as anyone not named Scottie.

He is! Good choice
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:48 PM

Matsuyama or Fleetwood
Posted By: CCTX

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 03:56 PM

Scottie.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 04:16 PM

Day

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 04:25 PM

Scottie and my wildcard pick is Harman.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Scottie.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 04:29 PM

Speith would be my 2nd pick.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 04:29 PM

I hope Scottie wins in a runaway. It was sure good to see Gary Woodland on the course.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 04:38 PM

I just heard that JT and Bones have split, interesting
Posted By: RussellWayne

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 04:38 PM

Matsuyama and then wildcard Russell Henley, shane lowry.
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 06:42 PM

Scottie/Bryson
Posted By: Chris B

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 07:19 PM

Tiger

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 07:24 PM

As long as it's a LIV guy.
Posted By: Crowbar

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 08:28 PM

Wyndham Clark. Kid is solid...if he can keep his temper in check. Him, Scottie or Spieth and I'm good.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 08:41 PM

Hypothetical:

Prior UT male golfer on LIV tour (No Longhorn has joined LIV) wins the Masters.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 09:26 PM

Hypothetical:

Prior UT male golfer on LIV tour (No Longhorn has joined LIV) wins the Masters.

I'm not sure I understand, are you saying a transgender? That would be the obvious interpretation
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 10:14 PM

Bubba Watson

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 10:34 PM

Anyone but Patrick Reed. I would prefer a PGA player.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/11/24 11:16 PM

You know what Ditka would say

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
I just heard that JT and Bones have split, interesting

JT has been struggling, time to shake things up. Rory needs to do the same imo
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.

Koepka?

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

Koepka?

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

Koepka?

roflmao

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 01:51 AM

Homa/Dahlman
Posted By: Diablosandwich

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 02:01 AM

Some of the greens have brownish patches…..Time to pull out the turf paint.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 02:06 AM

Scheffler for the win. Dark horse is Cam Young or Wyndam Clark

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 12:30 PM

Tiger having tough time getting going this morning. I always hated dew sweeping, a 6 pack in the 19th hole for breakfast was the way I approached it......

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 12:49 PM

Seems odd watching Tiger without a Nike swoosh to be seen. Tough morning for the guys that are finishing up.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 01:06 PM

Speith can get the plane warmed up, he will be heading home
Posted By: Crowbar

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 01:45 PM

What a crazy Round 1 from Brian Harman...34 out, 47 in!!! 2 bogeys, 3 double bogeys and a triple on the back nine. I can relate!

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 09:22 PM

These guys suck

Throw a little wind at them and they can’t putt anymore.

Just kidding of course.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 09:41 PM

I just want Tiger to beat rory.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 10:00 PM

Wind is kick these guy arse today. Kind of fun to watch the destruction of some of these guys.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
I just want Tiger to beat rory.

Dun
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 11:42 PM

I haven’t been following golf much. What happened to Dustin Johnson +13? Paulina tweak his back?

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/12/24 11:52 PM

Tiger is out there on one leg and a busted back beating the young bucks.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 01:15 AM

The wind is supposed to be way more manageable for the next couple of rounds. 10 to 15mph. Scores should be much better. Scottie should play well.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.

A bunch of people won't appreciate his play today. He was grinding his arse off and probably in a fair amount of pain. He is the Goat

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 02:34 AM

A bunch of people won't appreciate his play today. He was grinding his arse off and probably in a fair amount of pain. He is the Goat

I thought he would withdraw or miss the cut. Tiger is salty

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 03:37 AM

He may slowly be getting better. +1 after 2 days. Thats the best he's done in recent rounds. He has to build his muscle memory and body back up to play.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 11:05 AM

Unfortunately, time and injuries caught up with Tiger several years ago. He's eligible for the Senior Tour Dec. 2025.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 11:43 AM

Interesting that Sergio didn’t get one shots worth of coverage on tv (that I’ve seen), maybe cause he isn’t very popular anymore?

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Unfortunately, time and injuries caught up with Tiger several years ago. He's eligible for the Senior Tour Dec. 2025.

I'd be surprised if he did that. He just doesn't seem to be wired that way. When we were watching Thursday we talked about the tiger influence, prior to tiger all the pros kinda had their own swing. The generation that watched tiger all look like carbon copies with a few exceptions and they all hit it miles. He truly changes the game of golf.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by CKINCAID

He may slowly be getting better. +1 after 2 days. Thats the best he's done in recent rounds. He has to build his muscle memory and body back up to play.

He is a cripple and is done winning top tier golf events.
His leg might actually fall off mid round at some point.
He is a tough son of a gun. Respect.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 02:37 PM

You must be younger, when you can see 50 you don't get better.... things just start to pile up and the advil doesn't work so good any more. I thought I was invincible still in my early 40s and as 50 approached the roller coaster only goes down.....

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 03:15 PM

[quote=Darin S.]Tiger is out there on one leg and a busted back beating the young bucks.

You must be younger, when you can see 50 you don't get better.... things just start to pile up and the advil doesn't work so good any more. I thought I was invincible still in my early 40s and as 50 approached the roller coaster only goes down.....

I'll be 50 this year. Now you ruined my day roflmao
Posted By: Razorback

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 03:29 PM

Interesting that Sergio didn’t get one shots worth of coverage on tv (that I’ve seen), maybe cause he isn’t very popular anymore?

The day before we didn't see Mickelson hit a single shot until #13. Meanwhile we saw Tiger checking the wind, picking a club, and hitting every tee shot. We saw him walking down the fairways, waiting for the group ahead to get off the greens, and hitting every approach. Then we saw every putt.

After his round was complete, we saw a recap of it followed by an interview of him.

If Martians are here and watching us, based on his coverage they probably think Tiger is leading the tournament.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 03:45 PM

He ticks all the boxes.
Extremely talented and once supremely focused and competitive athlete with a long stretch of dominance who started to break down mentally and physically spiraling into a train wreck who can still display glimpses of his greatness.
Yes, he is the most entertaining and dramatic story until he limps away from a professional golf tournament for the last time.

Most of the other golfers in the field are now better than he is currently; but the vast majority of them are golly gee whiz cookie cutters or have douche canoe personalities (not that Tiger didn’t/doesn’t….but his level of play offset his personality/character deficiencies for a long time)

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback

The day before we didn't see Mickelson hit a single shot until #13. Meanwhile we saw Tiger checking the wind, picking a club, and hitting every tee shot. We saw him walking down the fairways, waiting for the group ahead to get off the greens, and hitting every approach. Then we saw every putt.

After his round was complete, we saw a recap of it followed by an interview of him.

If Martians are here and watching us, based on his coverage they probably think Tiger is leading the tournament.

Go win 15 Majors and I bet they will follow your every footstep too.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 03:57 PM

The masters cuts record plus he is more interesting than the pack of nobody gives an s players currently out there. Golf needs some new scandals and debauchery stories to make it more interesting for the masses. It's way too sterile.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 07:09 PM

Don’t get me wrong I’ve always been a fan. BUT since his car wreck I’ve noticed he gets the “losers limp” the worse he plays. I hope he gets on track but it wouldn’t surprise me if he takes a WD during the back 9 and for sure after he finishes. He just doesn’t have “it” anymore IMO.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 07:33 PM

The behavior of the patrons is quite appalling this year.
Shut up and politely golf clap in moderation.
I don’t need to hear your stupid Phoenix Open chanting, ball flight coaching, or light the candle idiocy.
Be quiet so I can hear the birds chirping as the trees and azaleas sway in the breeze.

Posted By: fivebites

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 09:05 PM

I've never been a "fan". I don't deny he was the best for a long time but he's had it and I'd rather watch someone who actually has a shot at winning than his broke down, 16 shots out of the lead, limping arse. And yep, his limp will get worse as his embarrassing round goes the same direction.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/13/24 09:39 PM

The masters cuts record plus he is more interesting than the pack of nobody gives an s players currently out there. Golf needs some new scandals and debauchery stories to make it more interesting for the masses. It's way too sterile.

I thought the talking point was that the PGA Tour didn't need the "names" who signed with LIV, that fans would be just as interested in watching a bunch of young guns who supposedly play really well.

You're right. The overwhelming majority couldn't care less about watching Max Homa, Aberg, and Hojgaard. They barely care about seeing Colin Morikawa.
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 12:10 AM

It used to be nice that the Masters had limited commercial interruption. Now, not so much

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 12:23 AM

I thought the talking point was that the PGA Tour didn't need the "names" who signed with LIV, that fans would be just as interested in watching a bunch of young guns who supposedly play really well.

You're right. The overwhelming majority couldn't care less about watching Max Homa, Aberg, and Hojgaard. They barely care about seeing Colin Morikawa.

Yeah that was what they had to say when anybody with a name went to LIV.....

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 12:28 AM

I guess I’m in the minority, but I’ve enjoyed watching the Masters today. There was some good back and forth. It looks like the LIV golfers are fading, including DeChambeau, but they may rally. Weather has been great, the course is beautiful, and the golf has been good. No runaway leader at this point. Tomorrow should be good.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 12:33 AM

Zero way Tiger can get the body in condition to play rounds on successive days. Round of 82 today. Golf itself takes a toll on the body, especially as long as they hit it and how much they play. Then throw in the car wreck and it’s amazing at 48 he can have been through what he has and make the Masters cut.

He will end up tied with Sam Snead with 82 PGA wins and second to with 15 majors to Nicklaus with 18.

Women are what prevented him from eclipsing both those marks and zero argument for GOAT. Pain medication also was a factor. Once it was a forgone conclusion he would beat both those marks.The wheels came off.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 12:46 AM

He did it all to himself….his dad didn’t help as a role model when it came to the wimmins.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 01:03 AM

He did it all to himself….his dad didn’t help as a role model when it came to the wimmins.

Who taught him how to 86 a dame?

He had his security take that last one away and drop her off somewhere, like they do unwanted mutts in East Texas.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I liked it! Role model or not…that was awesome.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 10:14 PM

Scheffler is one cool customer. You can't tell if he just made birdie or bogey.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
Matsuyama or Fleetwood

i made a little off Fleetwood
looks like the cats from the hiv tour
stayed home
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kicker16

Yep, and he's on baby watch...said he's leave at any time, lead or not.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by JCBYEN
Originally Posted by Kicker16

Yep, and he's on baby watch...said he's leave at any time, lead or not.

Guaranteed Chris B he’s hoping the Scheffler baby starts to emerge (from wherever babies come from) right after Scotty finishes the 17th. Chris is very contrarian.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 10:48 PM

huge victory for The PGA Tour today
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 11:11 PM

Can anyone explain what satisfaction a middle-aged man or
older derives from touching a pro golfer’s hand?

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by gregpaul

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 11:19 PM

Scotty is a machine
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 11:29 PM

Scotty is a machine

Glad to see him win personally will never root for any of the LIV Saudi turncoats.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 11:40 PM

that is a great observation

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain
Scotty is a machine

Glad to see him win personally will never root for any of the LIV Saudi turncoats.

the hiv tour is going to fade away

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/14/24 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders

that is a great observation

It was uncomfortable watching them walk off.
Posted By: LOOKN4REDS

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/15/24 12:53 AM

It’s the same guy sez IT’S IN THE HOLE when the approach shot misses the green.

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/15/24 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by LOOKN4REDS
It’s the same guy sez IT’S IN THE HOLE when the approach shot misses the green.

I heard a few “MASHED POTATOES” this weekend. They frown on that at Augusta

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/15/24 01:24 AM

It’s steadily been getting worse for the last fifteen years at Augusta.

Old Hootie would have never stood for such behavior.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: 2024 Masters - 04/15/24 01:48 PM

heard a guy yell "fore" on one of Tiger's shots and it landed on the green
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum