Texas Fishing Forum

NASCAR at COTA

Posted By: T Bird

NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 02:56 PM

Got a little road racing action in Austin today. FOX, 2:30 local time.

Toyota's looking awful fast in qualifying. I'm a #5 guy, but if I was betting it would definitely be on one of the Toyota cars.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 04:10 PM

I’m a race fan but Austin sucks so bad it’s hard to watch lol!
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 04:34 PM

If I had to bet I would lay money on Tyler Reddick. I think he has the best shot. I would put 80% of my nut on him.

Chase Elliot and Ross Chastain, I would put a few bucks on each of them. They are middle of the pack odds wise.

Long shot? Bowman is 50/1.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 04:46 PM

Better racing in Kennedale last night.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 06:03 PM

I love to see NASCAR at a roadracing track. COTA is a world class track and we are lucky here in Texas to have it. It suits almost all two wheel and four wheel racing machines. It is a great experience to attend any race there. It should be a wild day with a lot of pizzed off drivers at the end.
Posted By: POPPA

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

who won the sprint cars?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
I’m a race fan but Austin sucks so bad it’s hard to watch lol!

I like the go fast, turn left, bump drafting stuff.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 07:53 PM

^^^^^^^this, dirt is better
Posted By: BassFever

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 08:05 PM

Just wish the announcers would talk less and let us just watch the racing.

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by POPPA

who won the sprint cars?

Macedo won, Gravel needed one more lap and he’d probably won it. Top came in last ten laps and Gravel caught him. Long night, 2 1/2 hour delay due to lights in the infield went out. Outlaws didn’t start time trials till 9:30ish, feature was over at midnight then 4hr drive back to west Texas. Macedo set quick time and track record, gravel was next, they turned 11.43 second laps in time trials

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 10:44 PM

who won the sprint cars?

Macedo won, Gravel needed one more lap and he’d probably won it. Top came in last ten laps and Gravel caught him. Long night, 2 1/2 hour delay due to lights in the infield went out. Outlaws didn’t start time trials till 9:30ish, feature was over at midnight then 4hr drive back to west Texas. Macedo set quick time and track record, gravel was next, they turned 11.43 second laps in time trials

cool, other than the delay. david gravel is a shoe, i like him. put on a good show last year at the nationals. it looked like a tuesday nite tee ball game turnout at cota, from what i saw

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 11:15 PM

who won the sprint cars?

cool, other than the delay. david gravel is a shoe, i like him. put on a good show last year at the nationals. it looked like a tuesday nite tee ball game turnout at cota, from what i saw

I was hoping he would win it, certainly hope he wins the championship this year. I saw him win the Nationals when he was driving for JJR a few years ago. Stand were packed last night, good to see spectators still support WoO, best racing there is.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 11:26 PM

Boring as hell. Great job NASCAR

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/24/24 11:36 PM

high limits is comin to crandal on the 14 next month im gonna check that series out. dont really like that track or should i say grandstands

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/25/24 12:25 AM

high limits is comin to crandal on the 14 next month im gonna check that series out. dont really like that track or should i say grandstands

Crandall? I raced a modified there 25 years ago, wasn’t impressed with that place at all. I may have to go check it out, I more of a WoO guy over high limit but I’m also a sprint car fan so I may have to go see that.
Posted By: slim1

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/25/24 02:29 PM

We raced at Crandall every Saturday night in 1967-68. Had some good times there. We also raced at Kennedale on Friday nights.

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/25/24 08:40 PM

Crandall? I raced a modified there 25 years ago, wasn’t impressed with that place at all. I may have to go check it out, I more of a WoO guy over high limit but I’m also a sprint car fan so I may have to go see that.

it aint t-bird speedway anymore. new location east of town called rpm speedway the reason i dont like the stands is the track is more east and west and the stands are on the north side. dust blowin on ya even when no cars are on the track.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/25/24 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster
Boring as hell. Great job NASCAR

What was boring about it?
Posted By: HasBen

Re: NASCAR at COTA - 03/25/24 09:35 PM

I enjoyed the race, but I admit I was expecting more competitive racing for a road course. However, any race that result in a confrontation between Kyle Busch and C. Bell is worth the price of admission. Roadracing involving any vehicle, two or four wheels, is going to involve some bumping and banging.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum