Texas Fishing Forum

MSU Mustangs

Posted By: Duke 22

MSU Mustangs - 12/11/23 03:13 AM

Although I have no affiliation to MSU, I want to give a shout out to Coach Maskill and all he accomplished there. I also need to show some love to my friend Rich Renner who will be the new head coach, he is a good man and has done it the right way.
https://www.texomashomepage.com/spo...coach-bill-maskill-announces-retirement/
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/11/23 03:15 AM

Maskill is a legend and done a great job at MSU.
Renner has been talking to one of the punters I train that is in the portal right now, hope it
works out for both.

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/11/23 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker16
Renner has been talking to one of the punters I train that is in the portal right now, hope it
works out for both.

Rich is one of the best men that I know, I honestly don't know if he has EVER uttered a curse word in his life.

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/11/23 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Duke 22
works out for both.

Rich is one of the best men that I know, I honestly don't know if he has EVER uttered a curse word in his life.

Looks like the players and university are on board with Renner from what I've seen on X.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/11/23 05:14 AM

Renner is a good dude, I really like him. We visited with him many times throughout the recruiting process.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/11/23 02:17 PM

Dang... 55 years!!!... He deserves it... Congrats Coach... Dan
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/11/23 03:27 PM

Glad to see Renner get the job also but that’s a problem for MSU. Who will recruit for them, Renner’s the best recruiter they’ve had in years? And congrats to coach Maskill, he coached one of my ex bosses at SMU, QB coach back in the day.

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/12/23 02:21 AM

Just listened to Renner's presser. What a well spoken guy, seems like a really good dude.
I hope he's successful.

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/12/23 02:36 AM

Just listened to Renner's presser. What a well spoken guy, seems like a really good dude.
I hope he's successful.

I talked to him this afternoon, I asked if the new gig comes with a company ride. He's been driving the same Taurus he drove in college, that or a hand me down minivan that his parents gave him. The guy is tighter than Ebenezer Scrooge.

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/12/23 04:20 AM

I hope he's successful.

I talked to him this afternoon, I asked if the new gig comes with a company ride. He's been driving the same Taurus he drove in college, that or a hand me down minivan that his parents gave him. The guy is tighter than Ebenezer Scrooge.

He's probably got a couple more dollars now, he might be able to splurge and get a new ride.
You gotta look good when the recruits come in.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/12/23 04:59 AM

I hope he's successful.

He's probably got a couple more dollars now, he might be able to splurge and get a new ride.
You gotta look good when the recruits come in.

Unfortunately he’s probably gone from making $50k a year to $70k a year. I had a job offer to be the DC at DII Southeastern Oklahoma State University 10 years ago, it was $30k pay cut. I said I’m flattered but no thank you. Those poor dudes just want to coach college football in DII. I think Maskill may have made $125k but most 5-6A HS HC’s make that. I hope they’re paying him what he’s worth because he’s a salt of the earth human being. I’ve known him for years and had kids play for him and never heard a cuss word come from his mouth. A true man of faith and walks the walk.

Re: MSU Mustangs - 12/12/23 05:03 AM

Coach, Did you see the UTPB coach goat a raise to like 165k per yr? Crazy number for that league.
If I remember right he was a East Central in Oklahoma last yr.
Gotta be that oil money out in Midland/Odessa for them to pay him that much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum