Posted By: hopalong

just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 12:28 AM

without comment, self explanatory.

Expected Delivery by
TUESDAY
October

by
9:00pm
Your item arrived at our COLUMBIA MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on October 31, 2023 at 6:50 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 12:29 AM

In Transit from Origin Processing

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

COLUMBIA MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 31, 2023, 6:50 pm

In Transit to Next Facility

October 31, 2023

ST LOUIS MO PACKAGE SORTING CENTER

October 28, 2023, 9:11 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

COLUMBIA, MO 65203

October 28, 2023, 7:56 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

COLUMBIA, MO 65203

October 28, 2023, 10:39 am

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 12:29 AM

roflmao

any wonder why they lose money faster than a drunken sailor?
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 12:30 AM

This has become a hobby for you!

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 12:40 AM

apparently so.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 12:57 AM

It does that stuff for me too when I get a delivery. Somehow, like Santa was delivering it, it shows up on time after a few times around the world.

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 01:01 AM

well, they have an hour, one hour!

roflmao
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 01:45 PM

I've never had a problem USPS... Either in the big city of Cincinnati or the small town here at the lake... If it's too big for our mailbox they'll drive down our gravel driveway to deliver whatever it is... Only "problem" I've experienced is if I order a rod, they're too long to fit in their USPS vehicles. On the day of delivery they'll drive down and let me know it's at the main office and give me a receipt to pick it up... Our UPS driver is good too, our Lab loves him because he'll have a handful of treats... The FedEx guy is good too... Dan confused 3
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 01:49 PM

Sigh
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 01:50 PM

I recently had an order (halloween costume) "delivered" to my residence - per USPS website. Never showed up. Of course it went from GA to CA prior to coming back to TX. Makes sense. hammer
Posted By: deucer02

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 01:54 PM

Federal government and union. What do you expect?
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 01:59 PM

I've always had much better service from USPS than from UPS or FEDEX. FEDEX has always been the worst in my experience. My postal carrier will always ring the doorbell if he has to leave a package on the porch. UPS will do it occasionally; FEDEX never. If I was a porch pirate I'd just track FEDEX trucks.
Posted By: bshort

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 02:04 PM

USPS priority mail always comes quick and accurate. The cheaper services seem to bounce all over before getting here. UPS destroys nearly every package.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 02:08 PM

I just received a piece of first class mail yesterday that was postmarked Oct 16.

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by bshort
USPS priority mail always comes quick and accurate. The cheaper services seem to bounce all over before getting here. UPS destroys nearly every package.

this was supposed to be 2 day priority. I must use the wrong calendar.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 03:45 PM

We were informed last week that all damaged cluster mailboxes are no longer USPS responsibility. HOA's will have to replace these clusters that belong to USPS at a cost $70,000 and up. Low life POS scumbags are breaking into them and destroying them faster than they can be produced and replaced. Meanwhile, our driver is sitting in his truck playing on his phone.
Posted By: ringer

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 03:51 PM

My wife died last year and I sent her handwritten cookbook and some photos to my daughter in Corpus three months ago. Priority mail box. Got to San Antonio then disappeared. Never got it and it was important. Unreal.

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 08:31 PM

round and round we go where the package ends up who the hell knows!

In Transit from Origin Processing

November 1, 2023, 2:09 pm

Departed USPS Regional Facility

SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

November 1, 2023, 5:37 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

November 1, 2023, 1:14 am

October 31, 2023, 9:14 pm

October 31, 2023

COLUMBIA, MO 65203

COLUMBIA, MO 65203

friggin dumbarses, know I know why allison is the way he is, they apparently only hire idiots.
Posted By: Canino

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 08:44 PM

Not long ago I had a package get misrouted to Granbury instead of Mansfield, and the tracking actually said something like "Mishandled" or "Misrouted" before it ended up back at Ft. Worth. It was a day late. First time I had seen that actually written in the tracking status.

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Canino
Not long ago I had a package get misrouted to Granbury instead of Mansfield, and the tracking actually said something like "Mishandled" or "Misrouted" before it ended up back at Ft. Worth. It was a day late. First time I had seen that actually written in the tracking status.

mine has just said "in transit to destination" that is how I know they f'd up.

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 08:49 PM

what really sucks is there is no way to contact anyone in the p.o. and bitch.

they won't even take an email till tracking has not registered for a week or so.

(^^*&%$*& %(*&^(*I^& govt!
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 09:04 PM

I just sent an email to USPS complaining that I received mail today even though my "hold mail" service was to start today. Within 10 min, I received a phone call reply from CS. She said she contacted the delivery driver, and he told her I had 4 items, but they were in a hold box at the office. I had to come clean and tell her I got my info from the "informed Delivery" email as I wasn't actually home. She enlightened me that I will still get the emails even though they were actually holding it at the PO. Oops, my bad.

hammer

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by JCBYEN
I just sent an email to USPS complaining that I received mail today even though my "hold mail" service was to start today. Within 10 min, I received a phone call reply from CS. She said she contacted the delivery driver, and he told her I had 4 items, but they were in a hold box at the office. I had to come clean and tell her I got my info from the "informed Delivery" email as I wasn't actually home. She enlightened me that I will still get the emails even though they were actually holding it at the PO. Oops, my bad.

hammer

had to do a work around, they won't even let me email them till it has no tracking for 24 hrs.

friggin idiots!
Posted By: beartrap

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 09:58 PM

lot of problems in my area with stolen checks....they are breaking into drop boxes outside the post office and apparetnly there is internal theft by postal employees....I've had to switch to paying bills electronically because of slow delivery of mail was taking up to two weeks for checks to be delivered to both my Visa and American express accounts....apparently this is happening frequently because neither Visa or American Express charged me late payment fees...
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
roflmao

I'm in an industry where I work VERY closely with USPS. They lose money because they don't charge NEARLY enough for what they do. There's a reason UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc cost 3-4 times what USPS does. If you want premium service, pay for it!
Posted By: machinist

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 10:37 PM

I usually get good service from UPS and FedEx because I let them use my huge driveway to turn around in because they can’t get their big trucks in my neighbors driveways because of trees.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerDG
roflmao

I'm in an industry where I work VERY closely with USPS. They lose money because they don't charge NEARLY enough for what they do. There's a reason UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc cost 3-4 times what USPS does. If you want premium service, pay for it!

there are a lot of ex employees who will tell you the post offices's problems in our area started when they placed more hiring importance on diversity rather than competency...
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
roflmao

there are a lot of ex employees who will tell you the post offices's problems in our area started when they placed more hiring importance on diversity rather than competency...

USPS diversity hiring has been around for more than 30 years.

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 10:54 PM

roflmao

I did, this was a 2 day priority mail pkg
Posted By: Canino

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/01/23 11:11 PM

roflmao

That's not the main reason they're losing money any more. Maybe 20 years ago, but not now.

There are international agreements for how much each country charges for carrying international mail. Because China, India and others are "developing" countries, the agreements with them mean the USPS has to carry their inbound international mail for almost free. That's why Wish, Temu, AliBaba, etc. can sell you something for $1 and ship it to you for free, when in reality just the shipping should cost something on the order of $12 or $15 for the smallest and lightest package. Basically, the USPS is paying 99% of the cost for delivery of Chinese consumer goods to US households. This is now causing a far greater loss to the USPS than any domestic mail service.

Any Chinese company can ship a 1 lb. package to any address in the US cheaper than you can buy a First Class stamp.

That old "cost of a stamp isn't enough" argument is last century thinking.

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/02/23 12:22 AM

finally!

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER on November 1, 2023 at 5:09 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

so sat. 7 day delivery on a paid for 2 day express service, FJB! (that felt good).

nuts
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/02/23 12:26 AM

finally!

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER on November 1, 2023 at 5:09 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

so sat. 7 day delivery on a paid for 2 day express service, FJB! (that felt good).

nuts

This better be some good stuff. roflmao

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/02/23 12:30 AM

woot bannana2 woot

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/02/23 11:06 AM

this just went full on stupid.

Moving Through Network

November 2, 2023, 4:04 am

November 2, 2023, 1:49 am

COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

November 2, 2023, 1:47 am

November 2, 2023, 12:48 am

COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

November 1, 2023, 11:15 pm

November 1, 2023, 10:33 pm

DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER

November 1, 2023, 9:47 pm

DALLAS TX LOGISTICS CENTER

November 1, 2023, 5:09 pm

November 1, 2023, 2:09 pm

November 1, 2023, 5:37 am

November 1, 2023, 1:14 am

October 31, 2023, 9:14 pm

October 31, 2023

COLUMBIA, MO 65203

COLUMBIA, MO 65203

Hide Tracking History

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/02/23 11:15 AM

this should lock it in. roflmao

po'd bad now so sent this.

do you people just hire idiots for the distribution centers? what the hell is wrong with your system that this happens and my 2 day priority is taking 10 friggin days! typical govt. morons running a failed system that MY TAX DOLLARS pay for. I live in NE Texas, Telephone Tx. and my mail comes out of the coppell center, how friggin hard can that be?

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/02/23 11:59 AM

bang bang bang bang

Hello allan j scott,

Your item departed our USPS facility in SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER on November 2, 2023 at 5:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Expected Delivery On

3 Nov
By 9:00pm

bang bang bang bang

Re: just gotta love the friggin usps - 11/02/23 01:51 PM

this should lock it in. roflmao

po'd bad now so sent this.

do you people just hire idiots for the distribution centers? what the hell is wrong with your system that this happens and my 2 day priority is taking 10 friggin days! typical govt. morons running a failed system that MY TAX DOLLARS pay for. I live in NE Texas, Telephone Tx. and my mail comes out of the coppell center, how friggin hard can that be?

update: my local p.o. just called, they got the email, they are on it and I have no doubt will get this fixed. my local folks at telephone are awesome, the rest of the usps not so much.

looks like it got stuck in a container and then put in the wrong one so it has been making circles.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum