Texas Fishing Forum

Feds Raise Rates .75%

Posted By: Spiderman

Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 06:42 PM

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/stocks-markets-today-fed-rate-hike/index.html

The higher prices mean that consumers are spending around $460 more per month on groceries than they were this time last year, according to Moody's Analytics.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/stocks-markets-today-fed-rate-hike/index.html

The higher prices mean that consumers are spending around $460 more per month on groceries than they were this time last year, according to Moody's Analytics.

Donothin and his ilk are giddy!
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 06:46 PM

Joe the Pedo really [censored] the bed on his economic policies and shows no sign of getting any better at it.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 07:11 PM

FJB
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
FJB

And the horse he rode in on.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 07:16 PM

The economy is so good we have to pay more to borrow money!
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 07:22 PM

that’s a little less than an inch
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel

Like plywood
Posted By: Mulejockey1

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Like plywood

roflmao
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 08:33 PM

Sounds like more if you say 75 basis points.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster
FJB

Kamal Toe Harris ??? smile
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 09:13 PM

This is all by design.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

yes they are.
at least we know a couple of winners in this whole deal.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Joe the Pedo really [censored] the bed on his economic policies and shows no sign of getting any better at it.

This is all going as planned as far as I can tell.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 09:23 PM

“Raise wages…not costs!” - Joe Biden
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 09:37 PM

Watch what happens if they print off another $8,000,000,000,000.00.

note - Biden didn't do this, Congress did. BOTH sides.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 09:47 PM

Between this and the cost of electricity a company will have to find somewhere to offset the losses...layoffs incoming.
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 09:47 PM

Is it even worth voting anymore?

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Fire

I just pray that conservatives have invested enough time in upgrading their election-rigging skills. We’re at the tipping point. Getting out-rigged again might turn the lights out for good.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 10:00 PM

I have always heard we are just one election away...
Biden has destroyed the US
Beto will destroyed Texas

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/21/22 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Fire

I just pray that conservatives have invested enough time in upgrading their election-rigging skills. We’re at the tipping point. Getting out-rigged again might turn the lights out for good.

It is waaaay to expensive and dangerous to even think about any in-person voting this year.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Agreed - this was Congress in 2020 and 2021, before Biden showed up.
Posted By: Mulejockey1

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Agreed - this was Congress in 2020 and 2021, before Biden showed up.

2020 had a part in it. You can look up Rep. Thomas Massie’s tweeter page and his preface is his opposition to the hoax handout. shp’s owns 2021.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 11:05 AM

[Linked Image] peep
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 11:06 AM

They said if you bought a 500k hose two years ago.
Today if you put your twenty percent down your payment would be over 700 dollars a month more.
Yeah,
Life is good.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 11:27 AM

look for home loan cancellation and guaranteed income next to bypass the fed..all by executive order
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 12:55 PM

Just wait until lay off data starts flowing in Q4.... Full blown economic melt down.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
Just wait until lay off data starts flowing in Q4.... Full blown economic melt down.

The planning is underway
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 01:33 PM

How can people completely disregard this, along with energy prices, and keep voting Democrat? How stupid do you have to be to vote yourself a $1,000 per month pay cut...take home pay, not gross...and then vote to re-elect the same people who did it to you?

Wow, the dream of being able to get knocked up through sex without birth control, then killing the baby, must be all-encompassing and overarching. And it's just an issue in some states. Being bled out every time you buy gas or groceries, or pay your electric bill, is everywhere.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 02:06 PM

this economy is kind of a gut check to those that lived extended to the limit and check to check
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
this economy is kind of a gut check to those that lived extended to the limit and check to check

No matter how you live, why would anyone want to pay more for everything? When you buy a used boat from an individual and he tells you he wants $25,000 do you say, "Make it $30,000. I like paying more"?
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback

No matter how you live, why would anyone want to pay more for everything? When you buy a used boat from an individual and he tells you he wants $25,000 do you say, "Make it $30,000. I like paying more"?

Few rational people would want to pay more for everything. But the person who has a budget and lives within his means is able to tighten the belt a couple notches and get by with higher prices much easier than the paycheck-to-paycheck person.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback

Did I say anyone was grateful that everything costs more now? Where did you get that from?

I stated my opinion from people I know who live a little tight to the upper end if their limits and how the clown in the WH and his peeps economy has made people's lives tough.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:06 PM

Think I read one time that 90 percent of Americans are two paychecks away from being in the Red. I feel bad for those folks but I also find it funny for those that voted for this clown.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:12 PM

Think I read one time that 90 percent of Americans are two paychecks away from being in the Red. I feel bad for those folks but I also find it funny for those that voted for this clown.

Not all poor people voted for the clown
Posted By: donothin

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:29 PM

Nope, the Trump driven inflation is not something that I like. Low interest rates cause inflation. I am glad to see that being addressed as it should be. Those with cash are subsidizing the almost zero interest rates we have had. Needs to be 8-6 percent.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:33 PM

The fed operates independently from who is in office
Posted By: DI

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by donothin

Nope, the Trump driven inflation is not something that I like. Low interest rates cause inflation. I am glad to see that being addressed as it should be. Those with cash are subsidizing the almost zero interest rates we have had. Needs to be 8-6 percent.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:56 PM

If they raise interest rates to 20%+, it will make it easier on people who do not need to borrow to purchase to get better deals.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:58 PM

See^…..giddy.
Posted By: Gilly1991

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 07:59 PM

They fact that I will be looking for a house at the turn of the year is a little frustrating.
I can in no way afford to buy anything desirable before then. All I can do is watch my interest rate go up before I even get the chance to sign on the dotted line.

With that being said, anyone putting something on the market between Tomball and Huntsville in the next 3-5 months? roflmao
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gilly1991
They fact that I will be looking for a house at the turn of the year is a little frustrating.
I can in no way afford to buy anything desirable before then. All I can do is watch my interest rate go up before I even get the chance to sign on the dotted line.

With that being said, anyone putting something on the market between Tomball and Huntsville in the next 3-5 months? roflmao

I have a fresh slab poured right now, been waiting since April was around 4% at the time. I feel ya man
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by YEE_YEE

Most did, it’s just a cycle they can’t get out of. It’s no different than the women that keeps returning to the abuser, or the thug that riots in his own community.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 08:54 PM

The three things that are or will crush companies are inflation, interest rates and the cost of power.
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster
FJB

Donkey he road in on, don’t insult horses yes cheers

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by YEE_YEE

Most did, it’s just a cycle they can’t get out of. It’s no different than the women that keeps returning to the abuser, or the thug that riots in his own community.

a lot of poor and most all dems are not intellectually independent, they need someone to tell them how to think

there are some good examples here on the TFF

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 11:18 PM

there is plenty of dumb on both sides

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 11:29 PM

Interest rates were low under Obama - how did that not cause high inflation under Trump like we are seeing now under Biden?

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/22/22 11:36 PM

Interest rates were low under Obama - how did that not cause high inflation under Trump like we are seeing now under Biden?

Obama's admin took it to Zero in 2008 to try and dig the country out of the mess that his free for all mortgage give away scam created. Trump took it to zero to try and circumvent the RONA effects on killing our economy for several months.

One was caused by dems and their failed policies. The second in reaction to the virus that "mysteriously" appeared in early 2020.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/23/22 12:00 AM

I seem to remember the price of gas doubling and then the price of goods going up.

Re: Feds Raise Rates .75% - 09/23/22 12:09 AM

I seem to remember the price of gas doubling and then the price of goods going up.

Funny how that works.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum