Posted By: ReelBusy

Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:08 AM

Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:22 AM

That’s about right.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 10:24 AM

roflmao

I have a new track hoe, it takes care of "imported" problems.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 10:46 AM

Hard to believe a parent could raise a child like that but they are everywhere.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 12:20 PM

Did yall forget that Gov. Good Hair spent years running and getting elected with a big part of his platform being he was going to bring jobs and people to Texas from Cali? Diversify the economy and all that. And then everyone was like yeah great idea! And kept voting for him as he spent millions to attract Californians to Texas.

It worked. He did exactly what he said he would do.

Then during COVD Cali got so stupid those Cali transplants that were already here told all their friends back home how great Texas is. Low taxes, no mask BS, the streets are not taken over by criminals and the homeless totally (except Arlington) etc. I guess we have to get used to it or move to Alabama or Mississippi.

As far as the video goes... Its predictable but mildly entertaining. I give it a C+. Has to be a better one out there on the same concept? If not I can make one. I can play all the parts. It would be epic.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

As far as the video goes... Its predictable but mildly entertaining. I give it a C+. Has to be a better one out there on the same concept? If not I can make one.
I can play all the parts. It would be epic.

What you're saying is that you are expert at playing all the pronouns?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 12:50 PM

For those of you who are lucky enough to live in an area not being overrun by cali this is a slight exaggeration. Only slight. They are that bad. And I'm not being funny or joking. Its pathetic.
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 12:53 PM

As long as they don’t try to mow before 6am, I typically don’t get too hot and bothered about what state other people are from. I agree with Dan, I the video could’ve been funnier.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:02 PM

Lol

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:03 PM

Well, not being overrun out here in deep East Texas. Prolly be too much of a "change" for them especially those accustomed to SF and areas south all the way to Tijuana.

There is a group that moved in a few miles from here. Stranger things fo sho. They have like a commune thingy going on with the original set of parents in their run down doublewide and then half a dozen travel trailers shoved out into the pines and youpon surrounding the double wide for their grown children and the boy's friends.
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:19 PM

I've already messed with a couple of new neighbors just doing what you're supposed to do and giving homemade bread and salt. I don't think they have the same traditions out there.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
For those of you who are lucky enough to live in an area not being overrun by cali this is a slight exaggeration. Only slight. They are that bad. And I'm not being funny or joking. Its pathetic.

I'll admit it...I'm a CA transplant. Y'all know that. Being raised as a Military brat, we lived all over. But my heart & home is always in the MidWest with states that have true Americana.

Once I moved here, I knew this is where I should have been many many many years ago.

This video is EXACTLY what happens when folks from outta state move here and not used to Southern hospitality.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:26 PM

I guess we have to get used to it or move to Alabama.

Just don't move here and demand that you pay $4000 in property taxes so you won't have to pay $2500 in state income taxes.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
There is a group that moved in a few miles from here. Stranger things fo sho. They have like a commune thingy going on with the original set of parents in their run down doublewide and then half a dozen travel trailers shoved out into the pines and youpon surrounding the double wide for their grown children and the boy's friends.

Isn't that normal for East Texas?
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
I guess we have to get used to it or move to Alabama.

Just don't move here and demand that you pay $4000 in property taxes so you won't have to pay $2500 in state income taxes.

There he is, good ole Captain Property Tax roflmao

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:33 PM

We have thoroughly enjoyed our trips up and down the PCH between SanFran and LA. We haven’t got to explore San Diego yet. Honeymooned in Sonoma. SanFran sure isn’t what it used to be. Love the state along the coastline, people aren’t the nicest, but they aren’t the worst either, don’t care for their politics but then again, politics doesn’t come much into play when you’re on vacation.

All that being said, we have not been to California since 2019 before Covid.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:33 PM

And dont confuse cali and Yankees, yankees aren't the big flappys that the california kicks out. They are just as obnoxious in a different way. And yankees love love love to loudly argue about everything. I have a couple that work for me and it never ends.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:35 PM

Oh, and the cali peeps are repulsed by tex mex. They just cant stand it. It's allthey talk about out here. t

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:36 PM

I have a very good friend who’s a yankee die hard liberal that loves to debate, not argue. The good thing about Yankees is that you can sit and debate over whatever you want to and have and present different points of view and then when it’s done, you can have beers and you’re still friends.

When you have debates with people from down here, they typically hate you and may even want to kill you if you don’t believe what they believe.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:36 PM

As far as the video goes... Its predictable but mildly entertaining. I give it a C+. Has to be a better one out there on the same concept? If not I can make one.

That is right.

I am non binary since before it was trendy...

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 01:44 PM

That is right.

I am non binary since before it was trendy...

Awesome ! A person or thing that / who knows their place and is fluid with it! Enlightening !
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
I have a very good friend who’s a yankee die hard liberal that loves to debate, not argue. The good thing about Yankees is that you can sit and debate over whatever you want to and have and present different points of view and then when it’s done, you can have beers and you’re still friends.

When you have debates with people from down here, they typically hate you and may even want to kill you if you don’t believe what they believe.

Where is Scagnetti?
Posted By: bshort

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:05 PM

Oh, and the cali peeps are repulsed by tex mex. They just cant stand it. It's allthey talk about out here. t

Yes, because it's absolutely disgusting and in no way should even entertain the idea that it is even remotely related to Mexico. Just call it Texas upchuck.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by bshort

Yes, because it's absolutely disgusting and in no way should even entertain the idea that it is even remotely related to Mexico. Just call it Texas upchuck.

Oh yeah, like Cali-mex is so much better. Do you even know what a michelada is?

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kattelyn

Yeah, you can even buy the Modelo version already in a can. roflmao

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:18 PM

Yeah, you can even buy the Modelo version already in a can. roflmao

roflmao Oh I'm so glad you think that! barf

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:23 PM

This is the dumbest thing I’ll read today.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:26 PM

I can see why the people in Modelo commercials are always portrayed as fighters. I would want to punch someone if I had to drink that ****, too.

California has more conservative Republicans than Texas. They elected Ronald Reagan governor. Then they got overrun by leftists and illegal aliens. If I were a conservative I would want out of that ****hole, too.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:27 PM

Razorback makes 2 very good points.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 03:42 PM

We have thoroughly enjoyed our trips up and down the PCH between SanFran and LA. We haven’t got to explore San Diego yet. Honeymooned in Sonoma. SanFran sure isn’t what it used to be. Love the state along the coastline, people aren’t the nicest, but they aren’t the worst either, don’t care for their politics but then again, politics doesn’t come much into play when you’re on vacation.

All that being said, we have not been to California since 2019 before Covid.

I prefer Northern California by far. We go regularly and stay in Half Moon Bay or Moss Beach for a couple of weeks each time. People there are more working class and similar to here.
Hunting/ fishing and such are common in Northern California and the people living there to me are not much different than Texans. We get treated great and enjoy our time there. Politics never come up.
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:00 PM

My new next-door neighbor just moved here from California. Nice guy, but definitely a little out of place.

We met each other when I was checking sprinkler heads one day and I came back around the corner from the garage to see a dude walking around my front yard looking at each one of my sprinklers. He said he was looking at how mine worked because one of his was broken and he couldn't seem to fix it. I had an extra head in the garage and offered to replace the broken one for him. He was a little baffled at my offer and said he would go buy the parts, just didn't know what he needed or where to go. I told him to go down to Home Depot and get a whole new head assembly. I showed him the one I had for reference. He came back with new spray nozzles and stems, but no head assembly.

All of his stuff was still on its way from California so he didn't have any tools either. I ended up replacing it for him with mine and showing him how they worked. The whole time he was swinging around and smacking himself trying to kill any mosquito or bug that came near him.

Real nice guy, but definitely has some adjusting to do.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:03 PM

Did not look gay to me…so I don’t think they are really Californians.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:05 PM

It would be nice if they could learn to slow down a little.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:11 PM

We have some Cali expats in the neighborhood. They are always eager to let us know what we are doing wrong here in the Bluegrass.

You can’t imagine how much that is appreciated here….

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pilothawk
Did not look gay to me…so I don’t think they are really Californians.

They are not all gay... there are so many of them. This indicates a breeding population in my book. My sister had 11 kids there... and now she and all the kids live in Tennessee.

The Cali's coming here are right Tex-Mex is not good. Different style of Mexican food on the west coast. I prefer it and you can find it here but its not as common. Its a reflection of the type of Mexican you have in the area... We have a lot of Tejanos in Texas, on the west coast we had Californios. Shocking. And their food and even the way they talk is a bit different.

Like Texans vs. folks from Louisiana. Similar but not the same.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:23 PM

The Cali's coming here are right Tex-Mex is not good. Different style of Mexican food on the west coast. I prefer it and you can find it here but its not as common. Its a reflection of the type of Mexican you have in the area... We have a lot of Tejanos in Texas, on the west coast we had Californios. Shocking. And their food and even the way they talk is a bit different.

Great way to put it

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:31 PM

Cali Mexican food is pure garbage, just like the entire state. Everything that comes from Cali is pure garbage. Anyone that thinks Cali is so great, then pack your shiz and GTFO, you won’t be missed.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Cali Mexican food is pure garbage, just like the entire state. Everything that comes from Cali is pure garbage. Anyone that thinks Cali is so great, then pack your shiz and GTFO, you won’t be missed.

Seem to be angry. Maybe you should kick the dog or talk degradingly to the 'ol lady to feel better.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:41 PM

If y'all hadn't been such a snot about it, I would give you some props. Carne asada fries rock.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:46 PM

I've already messed with a couple of new neighbors just doing what you're supposed to do and giving homemade bread and salt. I don't think they have the same traditions out there.

What’s the deal with salt? I’ve never heard of giving someone salt

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:47 PM

If y'all hadn't been such a snot about it, I would give you some props. Carne asada fries rock.

Naah, chicken milanesa torta is my go-to lunch or a pastor super burrito with some pickled whole jalapenos on the side.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:48 PM

People have to realize that 70% of California is full of good God fearing people. They have conservative values and think like us. Those are the ones coming here. the other 30% live in the cities. They are liberal as can be and would never consider living in Texas. It's a beautiful state but run by nutjobs, just like Oregon.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

What’s the deal with salt? I’ve never heard of giving someone salt

Bread so the home never goes hungry. Salt is to represent wealth and savor of life.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:50 PM

People think whatever food they grew up with is the best. As Waylon and Willie once sang, "He ain't wrong, he's just different." We have friends and relatives who moved to Texas from the Upper Midwest. They think everything there was better. Women who cook a lot are the worst food snobs. The way they make things is clearly the best and everything else is almost inedible.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
People think whatever food they grew up with is the best. As Waylon and Willie once sang, "He ain't wrong, he's just different." We have friends and relatives who moved to Texas from the Upper Midwest. They think everything there was better. Women who cook a lot are the worst food snobs. The way they make things is clearly the best and everything else is almost inedible.

Hey now. You're not supposed to be callin folks out on these threads. grin

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:13 PM

Rolling down the PCH is pretty amazeballs. Santa Cruz, Monterrey, Big Sur, and Morro Bay were all cool places. People were all pretty cool. I’m a diehard Texan born and bred and love my state but we ain’t got nothing like the PCH.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:19 PM

Rolling down the PCH is pretty amazeballs. Santa Cruz, Monterrey, Big Sur, and Morro Bay were all cool places. People were all pretty cool. I’m a diehard Texan born and bred and love my state but we ain’t got nothing like the PCH.

we went from San Francisco to santa cruz. Your right, totally amazing. Also went from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe. Equally amazing. It's a truly beautiful state.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:20 PM

Seem to be angry. Maybe you should kick the dog or talk degradingly to the 'ol lady to feel better.

You seem triggered by my factual statement. You should probably stay in your moms basement for the remainder of the day just to be safe.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:24 PM

Oh man we still haven’t even got to go to Tahoe yet. Most of our 50 states offer something for everyone. California certainly has a lot of amazing things to offer. There’s still much I want to see there. The weather along the coast is about as good a climate as I have ever experienced.

I don’t let the political leanings of people in any given state sway my judgment. One of the many great things about our great country is that you can believe what you want to believe and go where you want to go and do what you want to do.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:26 PM

Oh man we still haven’t even got to go to Tahoe yet. Most of our 50 states offer something for everyone. California certainly has a lot of amazing things to offer. There’s still much I want to see there. The weather along the coast is about as good a climate as I have ever experienced.

I don’t let the political leanings of people in any given state sway my judgment. One of the many great things about our great country is that you can believe what you want to believe and go where you want to go and do what you want to do.

well, except Nebraska. There is literally nothing there to see except dirt. roflmao

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:30 PM

You seem triggered by my factual statement. You should probably stay in your moms basement for the remainder of the day just to be safe.

Nothing about your statements are factual....ever. Just another useless blowhard. hammer
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:32 PM

Skyline Drive off of 17 east of Santa Cruz to just east at Half Moon Bay is awesome, with minor detour to Big Basin Redwoods State Park.
Posted By: Ranger Bill

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:33 PM

Well, not being overrun out here in deep East Texas. Prolly be too much of a "change" for them especially those accustomed to SF and areas south all the way to Tijuana.

They don’t have to overrun East Texas. Just take over the metropolitan ares, they will amass enough votes to take over the Texas legislature and pass laws that will impact all Texans. They are in for the long game for sure.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:36 PM

Nothing about your statements are factual....ever. Just another useless blowhard. hammer

Calm down Carl 3.0

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:38 PM

Bob, you know I’m a glass half full kind of guy.

Nebraska has some amazing cornfields, a beyond words population of grasshoppers, and can have some pretty amazing snowstorms. The deepest snow I’ve ever seen in my life was in Nebraska.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:41 PM

The tri city area between ennis, palmer and bristol is a bluebonnet paradise-
Just saying-

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:50 PM

Calm down Carl 3.0

Easy does it, mailman's apprentice.
Posted By: Mulejockey1

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:53 PM

If cali is so great, why is there a mass exodus currently happening?

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mulejockey1

Maybe its the fact that Texas is better. Did that occur to you?

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 06:01 PM

Texas has a great deal to offer Americans.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 06:36 PM

Calm down Carl 3.0

Easy does it, mailman's apprentice.

[Linked Image]

Once they fix the picture thingie this is going to be a real laugher.

Get ready to laugh boys!
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 06:55 PM

So, Anthony Bourdain, tell us about your many dining experiences in California.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 07:04 PM

Texas has a great deal to offer Americans.

I saw what you did there......
roflmao

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 07:19 PM

I don’t have any problem with the Calimex food…until they go for “fusion”. That’s code for kale. Californians are hellbent on making Mexican food “healthy.”

It should be good food….that’s the target.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 07:24 PM

https://missvickie.com/tex-mex-vs-cal-mex/

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

No Cali-Mex either. Just Mex. food
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mulejockey1

Probably because we don’t [censored] on the sidewalks.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 09:44 PM

I did see a man poo-pooing on a side walk and another man pass out from his herione last time we were there. Both in the Russian Hill area of SanFran.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 10:06 PM

Cali fish tacos are awesome because the fish is awesome. Cali would be an absolute paradise if the citizens of LA, San Fran, Oakland and Sacramento could all be relocated to some island, like Cuba. They might be happy in Cuba.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 10:27 PM

Cali peeps can be cool, some not cool. Just like everywhere.

I had a "long distance" gf back in the day that was from South Louisiana, but was a director at Cesar's Tahoe and I used to get mad hookups there. Tahoe is a bad [censored] spot!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 10:55 PM

All I know about cali is 2pac and Cheech and Cbongs born in east LA. MY BIL is born and raised in LA….you can hear his big mouth two miles away.
Posted By: otay michael

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
People have to realize that 70% of California is full of good God fearing people. They have conservative values and think like us. Those are the ones coming here. the other 30% live in the cities. They are liberal as can be and would never consider living in Texas. It's a beautiful state but run by nutjobs, just like Oregon.

That's right. Only my conservative friends are fleeing, the libs are happy as a clam here.

The video no way portrays the folks I know, it portrays libs, and those are the ones that would NEVER leave the state.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by JCG57
Cali fish tacos are awesome because the fish is awesome. Cali would be an absolute paradise if the citizens of LA, San Fran, Oakland and Sacramento could all be relocated to some island, like Cuba. They might be happy in Cuba.

let’s give them a continent
Posted By: otay michael

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Notaguide
Originally Posted by JCG57

let’s give them a continent

Naw, give them Cuba. Been there, other than neat old cars, the place is a socialist hell hole.

[Linked Image]

"The Menagerie, Cuba" by Michael Seewald

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/14/22 11:51 PM

Antartica would be a true hell hole

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/15/22 08:01 PM

Oh man we still haven’t even got to go to Tahoe yet.

The drive around Lake Tahoe is one of the most frightening of my life, U.S. 550 from Durango to Ouray in January being the other. The one question I have about both roads is...can those freaking states not afford guardrails? Lake Tahoe on the California side was beautiful to see, the only problem being that it was about 2000 feet straight down from the edge of the road, and that big trucks and crazy people were meeting us on a two lane road that was about wide enough for one go cart. We got to the top of one stretch and I had to pull over at an observation point to compose myself. I bet my fingerprints were still impressed in that steering wheel when the car was melted down.

As for Hwy 550, we were driving along that snow covered death trap on vacation when my wife said, "Look, you can see Silverton down there!" I told her the only thing I could look at was the road as I tried to figure out how to get to the end of it still alive. There are signs everywhere that say, "18 snow plow drivers lost their lives here." The signs are conveniently located beside the rock slide areas, where half the lane you are driving on has gone over the cliff to the site of the fiery crash a thousand feet below. The snow and ice of Colorado winter only add an additional degree of exhilarating difficulty to already treacherous Red Mountain and Molas Passes.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/15/22 08:33 PM

The drive around Lake Tahoe is one of the most frightening of my life, U.S. 550 from Durango to Ouray in January being the other. The one question I have about both roads is...can those freaking states not afford guardrails?.

They don’t install guardrails so they can push the snow over the cliff. Drive Independence Pass in Colorado if you want white knuckle.

Re: Californians Adjusting to Texas - 09/15/22 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B

The drive around Lake Tahoe is one of the most frightening of my life, U.S. 550 from Durango to Ouray in January being the other. The one question I have about both roads is...can those freaking states not afford guardrails?.

They don’t install guardrails so they can push the snow over the cliff. Drive Independence Pass in Colorado if you want white knuckle.

It's closed in the winter when we go, along with Cottonwood, Kebler, and several others. We're usually there in January. Going east on Monarch Pass can be scary enough during and shortly after a snow. At least headed west you are up against the side of the mountain.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum