Texas Fishing Forum

New Maytag washer and drier

Posted By: Mudshark

New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 09:42 PM

The wife always wanted stackable washer and drier. We bought the new Maytag set about two months ago. Now the washer won’t drain. After reading stuff online, I have determined the pump filter is clogged since she just washed all of the dog blankets. The only way to get to the filter on the washer means I have to take the drier off the top of the washer, remove the top cover before I can remove the entire front of the washer. Never in my life have I ever even heard of having to clean out the filter on a washing machine, What a pain in the butt this is going to be, Oskar has a clean bed though.

Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 09:44 PM

The road to he77 is paved with good intentions . . . . . who woulda thunk it ?
Posted By: bshort

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 09:45 PM

My next set will be Speed Queen.

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by DanDaBald
The road to he77 is paved with good intentions . . . . . who woulda thunk it ?

You even have to take the front seal mostly off. I tried to get to it from the back but the filter cover faces the front of the machine. Man I hate this.
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 09:51 PM

I have a customer that sells news equipment and repairs used stuff. He says to buy the simplest units available w/ as few options available.

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
I have a customer that sells news equipment and repairs used stuff. He says to buy the simplest units available w/ as few options available.

My wife would hate your customer
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 09:56 PM

1000% agree!

One of our tenants has a rather oldish Maytag washer and the fill valve went out. She didn't know what to do, so she was running a rinse and drain cycle every 7 minutes to keep it from overflowing and flooding into the bottom unit. All she had to do was turn off the water supplies for the washer. lol
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 09:56 PM

If I was Oskar I’d be right there watching you do it…just wagging my tail and giving you a hearty dachshund laugh.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:01 PM

At least it's in an easy to get to place...once you get it all disassembled. lol
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:01 PM

Should be warranty right?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:04 PM

Next time take the dog blankets to the local laundry mat...and buy a speed queen set.

I wanted speed queen this time, but Mom found a washer on sale a few years back and bought a Maytag. Nice and all, but not what I wanted. At the time she was still living at the lake and was trying to be helpful. It was helpful, I just wish she'd asked before buying it, especially since I paid for it. Whatever.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain
Should be warranty right?

Probably not any more.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
If I was Oskar I’d be right there watching you do it…just wagging my tail and giving you a hearty dachshund laugh.

I bet you would even lick his face.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:08 PM

Pre wash the hairy stuff outside. Learned this a long time ago.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:38 PM

Didn’t realize people wash their dogs blankets in the household washer.

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

There are dogs, and then there’s Oskar. Very different sir.

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger

There are dogs, and then there’s Oskar. Very different sir.

Thank you. I was about to drop an F bomb.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 11:08 PM

Get your wife an old-fashioned washtub & scrubbing board to wash Oskar's bedding outside. And be a mensch and install a clotheslines for her to hang it all out to dry.

She'll appreciate having the outdoor activity. Really.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 11:16 PM

If I ever have to buy another washer and dryer, it won't be one of these front loaders.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 11:26 PM

Personally i don’t think dog hair would stop it up that easily. If so better not wash new towels nothing sheds like new towels.

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 11:33 PM

Personally i don’t think dog hair would stop it up that easily. If so better not wash new towels nothing sheds like new towels.

Based on what I took from the drier screen, Oskar should be bald

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/07/22 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark

OTers are trying to frame Oskar…don’t take the bait.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/08/22 12:17 AM

The cat did it, always blame the cat.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/08/22 11:05 AM

+1, that is what I do and my washer/dryers last 20 years or more. My brother had a repair guy out to my dad's house to fix his dishwasher. The guy told him to keep it running as long as parts were available because it was an older model. There was actually nothing wrong with it. There was a switch for the dishwasher that was off. This new computerized stuff is pure junk. I take dog blankets outside and shake them off and hit them with the leaf blower before washing.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/08/22 01:08 PM

With three cats, I now need to go check mine. Plus the grand daughter was here three weeks ago. She somehow managed to hide a whole deck of cards in the laundry basket.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/08/22 01:09 PM

That sucks. I would beat up on maytag a bit but I think you'd have this issue with any brand. Hadn't thought about this potential issue with the stackable units.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/08/22 01:49 PM

Our new washer has a pump filter, but it's got a door on the front of the unit to get to it. They recommend cleaning it once a month. Thanks for the post, I have forgotten to do that "recommended" maintenance. Something els to add to my first of the month chores.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/08/22 04:49 PM

we bought old school Maytag set when we bought our house 36 years ago ---cheapest models we could find .it was perfect , never had an issue ---kept them for 15 years . My wife begged me for a new set . I kept saying --- these work perfect --she kept saying they look "old" . I eventually broke down and got her a brand new set of Maytags ---total junk . Constantly fixing something on them .
Lesson I learned --- NEVER let a woman pick appliances unless she is planning on fixing them herself .
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/08/22 04:51 PM

our maytags weren't that great. I replaced them with GE and have had no trouble since.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/08/22 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
our maytags weren't that great. I replaced them with GE and have had no trouble since.

We had a Maytag set that flooded my parents house. Were only a couple years old.

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/10/22 02:36 AM

I did it. Took the drier off the top, dismantled the washing machine, checked the filter and it was empty. Blew out all the hoses, they were clean. Put the SOB back together and it seems to be working.
Posted By: The Searchers

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/10/22 02:54 AM

YouTube is a blessing

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/10/22 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by The Searchers
YouTube is a blessing

I’m not stacking the drier back on top until I run a few loads, bit for now, it seems to be doing what it’s supposed to do.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/10/22 03:10 AM

I did it. Took the drier off the top, dismantled the washing machine, checked the filter and it was empty. Blew out all the hoses, they were clean. Put the SOB back together and it seems to be working.

but did you die ???
Posted By: Popedaddy

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/10/22 06:28 AM

I did that once a month for 3 years. 3 kids 3 dogs and a cat. I would find baby socks, bracelets all kinds of smelly stuff Ours was easier though. The drain filter was behind the toe kick, I won’t own another front loader. Speed queen is where it’s at these days.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/10/22 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
we bought old school Maytag set when we bought our house 36 years ago ---cheapest models we could find .it was perfect , never had an issue ---kept them for 15 years . My wife begged me for a new set . I kept saying --- these work perfect --she kept saying they look "old" . I eventually broke down and got her a brand new set of Maytags ---total junk . Constantly fixing something on them .
Lesson I learned --- NEVER let a woman pick appliances unless she is planning on fixing them herself .

Neighbor's wife pulled something similar. He had to replace the washer. When he did the wife complained that the dryer dryer did not match. He said it is only a couple of years old. She won and he bought a new matching dryer. I took his dryer. 10 years and a few parts later it still works fine. Now mine don't match but wife is gone and I don't care.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: New Maytag washer and drier - 08/10/22 01:17 PM

We have 2 Dachshunds and a German Shepard, them wieners don't have nothing on that Shepard when it comes to shedding.

I can vacuum and find a whole new dog when I dump the dirt collector.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum