Texas Fishing Forum

Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin

Posted By: Barrett

Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 03:14 PM

Taking the wife to Florida Saturday for a quick little 4 night mini vacation to get away for a few days. We are staying in inlet beach basically direcltly between panama city and destin both are a reasonable drive. Looking for good places to get some seafood and a bonus would be a nice view for drinks etc. Thanks
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 03:21 PM

New Orleans...... flourobama is not a hot bed for decent food. Stinkys Fish Camp is OK, I also kinda like goat feathers in a wierd 1980 kinda way. There is a little shrimp shack in seaside that does lobster rolls, shrimp by the pound and decent rita, you can go outside and eat by the beach. All these are on 30 A.

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 03:23 PM

Bud and Allies is ok too, it's a little place that's kinda directed at the women folk.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 03:31 PM

I like Boshamps Seafood and Oyster House.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 03:33 PM

Crab Trap on the East side of Destin, Boshamps in Destin, Harbor Docks in Destin, and Dewey Destin. Stinky’s Fish camp is a little closer to where you asked about and like WAWI said, is pretty good.

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 03:40 PM

And we probably dont do it right, we will stop in New Orleans for a couple days and eat at some of the best seafood places in the world probably. Then we roll to destin/30 A and it's just mostly garbage for tourists. When time allows we have spent a night on the way back in New Orleans just to cleanse our soul of the iffy destin food. I have buddy that goes down there for a month at a time. He laughs about sitting at a place in destin expecting some good seafood, he can see in the kitchen and they are opening the same bags of shrimp he buys at Sam's in fort worth lol.

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 03:49 PM

We are flying. Needed to burn some miles plus Id prob kill her being in the car that long together. Then id be in prison.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 04:31 PM

Pay Attention.
Heading east on I-10, through Mobile, first exit after bay bridge, take a right. Mile on the right is by the bay seafood. Little joint, but they make the BEST poboy I've ever had. I've had a lot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 04:33 PM

We love Pompanos Joes outstanding seafood in Destin a few blocks from Bass Pro Shop
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
We are flying. Needed to burn some miles plus Id prob kill her being in the car that long together. Then id be in prison.

I’ve been railing on my wife to go on a vacation, then I think of what you said and I’m ok staycationing

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 04:42 PM

And...
My favorite New Orleans joints.
Old College Inn, on S. Carrollton Ave. Not a tourist dump. https://www.zmenu.com/ye-olde-college-inn-new-orleans-online-menu/
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 05:22 PM

Sharky's in Panama City Beach is pretty good. It's a very large place and can get very busy so make a reservation if you go (or be ready to drink at the bar while waiting for a table).

https://sharkysbeach.com/
Posted By: warcry

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by spazm09
Sharky's in Panama City Beach is pretty good. It's a very large place and can get very busy so make a reservation if you go (or be ready to drink at the bar while waiting for a table).

https://sharkysbeach.com/

We used to go to Sharky's every trip and that was a lot, live 3.5 hrs from PCB. Three yrs ago stopped in at Runaway Island grille and that was the end of going to Sharky's. A lot of the older places that were great, Scampy's, Pompano's, Sweet Basil, etc, are gone now.
Posted By: DI

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 06:00 PM

Just spent a week in PCB for softball WS, not impressed. Every freakin road was torn all to hell with not a single person working on any of them. Took 30-45min to go 5-10miles. Eating out was average at best, tried Salty Sues B, Grand Marlin C, and got desperate enough to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse C-. You would think someone would open a decent seafood place with stone crab and steaks on the freakin sea shore.... Driving I-10 from Hou to FL is a gamble with your life and Mobile, Alabama roadways/tunnels/bridges should be nuked and start over from scratch.
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 07:20 PM

34 Goldenrod Cir Seagrove Beach, Florida, USA

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 07:53 PM

Sounds like we may just hangout in inlet beach.

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
Sounds like we may just hangout in inlet beach.

Take her to seaside to walk around one morning anyway. Its where they filmed the Truman Show. Little shops, food trucks, the shrimp place I mentioned, etc.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 08:22 PM

Our family is going to Watersound 8/10-8/15, same general area you'll be staying.
Look forward to your dining/entertainment report! fish
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 08:24 PM

We were in Destin about a month ago and ate at Pompano Joe's. Food was pretty good, but the wait time was almost two hours. Wait times were crazy everywhere. Go early. We waited at one of the covered picnic tables on the sand and had a few drinks.

The scenery right in front of me while we waited wasn't bad either.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: machinist

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/19/22 09:56 PM

Damn did you see the feet on that girl!

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/20/22 12:14 AM

I'll be in Destin 8/8-8/12
Company thing, they usually schedule it in early May, not looking forward to the mass of humanity.
Posted By: olefisher

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/20/22 12:15 AM

Peg-leg Pete's in Pensacola Beach is our favorite! And the Key lime pie at Flounders is hard to beat
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hogfan1

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/20/22 01:08 AM

There is a little place in Navarre called the Slippery Mermaid if you like sushi. They have lots of different options some cooked and some not. My wife doesn’t even like sushi and she loves the place. It can get crowded though.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/20/22 06:35 PM

my sources told me

McQuires

Pompano Joes

and he said the best donuts in the world are at - Donut Holes

that's all i got.......
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/20/22 06:38 PM

I see people recommending pompano joes. Let me just say that place is absolute garbage. We ate there earlier this month and waited over 1.5 hours for some of the most worthless, garbage sea food I’ve ever eaten. It’s terrible.
Posted By: Crappie Husband

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/20/22 07:44 PM

We go to PCB every summer with the kids. Heading there next week actually.

Sharky's is pretty fun and worth a stop at least once. Runaway Island is probably the best place food-wise. Their crab cakes appetizer is incredible and we usually end up getting two orders of them. Pretty much anywhere can have a long wait at dinner so go with a good attitude and plan to have a few drinks before being seated.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Good seafood spots between panama city and Destin - 07/20/22 08:10 PM

https://georgesatalysbeach.com/
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum