Texas Fishing Forum

Generator PSA

Posted By: Dave-0

Generator PSA - 07/12/22 01:50 PM

For those of you on the rail about buying a generator for your house...Amazon Prime days has this on sale. I bought one of these a couple of years ago. Haven't needed it...but still worthy of having and has great reviews.

12,000 watt duel fuel by DuroMax.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 02:27 PM

Thanks Dave-O - been on the fence for awhile deciding what to get, just snagged the one in your PSA. thumb
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 02:35 PM

I have this exact model. Runs great. It is heavy. Took 3 guys to get it in the box into the back of my pickup. Then I had to fashion a 2x4 slide ramp to get it into the garage and set it up.
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 02:35 PM

Thats a great deal for a large gen.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 02:41 PM

Can I use this to put in my trunk and charge my electric car while I'm driving down the road?

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
Can I use this to put in my trunk and charge my electric car while I'm driving down the road?

It is too heavy for your electric buggy. Plus you will need to store gasoline or propane in your trunk to power the generator. Best bet is to hitch it to the bumper and pull it. I think it is speed rated to 50 mph which is at best how fast your battery car can go.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 03:14 PM

be sure to use Sta Bil. those engines hate ethonol.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Bob ain't kidding around. That advice is 100% on the mark.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 04:52 PM

snagged one...going to see if it will work with the welders.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:03 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis

It is too heavy for your electric buggy. Plus you will need to store gasoline or propane in your trunk to power the generator. Best bet is to hitch it to the bumper and pull it. I think it is speed rated to 50 mph which is at best how fast your battery car can go.

Pretty funny but a Tesla will outrun most cars on the road other than super cars. Watched a Youtube where a Corvette beat the Tesla but not by a lot.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain

Pretty funny but a Tesla will outrun most cars on the road other than super cars. Watched a Youtube where a Corvette beat the Tesla but not by a lot.

Bet the Corvette could go DFW to Tulsa and back faster...
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:36 PM

If CoServ does rolling blackouts and my my central a/c goes down, a lot of you will suffer, but not me.

Instead of buying a stupid generator, I just bought a brand new window a/c unit…on sale even. I can have it out of the box, plugged into a wall outlet and ready to go in less than 20 minutes.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:37 PM

Thanks! I've been wanting a larger, electric start propane generator! Now to get a 50amp plug wired outside my house.... and maybe sell a couple smaller generators...

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
snagged one...going to see if it will work with the welders.

That is exactly why I bought it, too. Have not tried it yet.

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
If CoServ does rolling blackouts and my my central a/c goes down, a lot of you will suffer, but not me.

Instead of buying a stupid generator, I just bought a brand new window a/c unit…on sale even. I can have it out of the box, plugged into a wall outlet and ready to go in less than 20 minutes.

hmmm
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by bronco71

hmmm

I like the plan, but I can't help but to think it's missing something.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:48 PM

Y’all should at least somewhat understand Sawhorse by now
Posted By: bigrebar

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

For sure, there's a few quick witted sly commenting folks here, Sawhorse is a leader in the field.

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 05:59 PM

Where you getting it from? If it's one of those Ikea ones, you can have it working in 13 minutes if you use a cordless screwdriver. Jus Sayin'...

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bigrebar

For sure, there's a few quick witted sly commenting folks here, Sawhorse is a leader in the field.

I'll second that! roflmao
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by bigrebar

I'll second that! roflmao

thumb roflmao
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floon Swenson

I only use "real" gas in my small engines. Never a problem.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JCBYEN
Originally Posted by Floon Swenson

I only use "real" gas in my small engines. Never a problem.

Very hard to get around here.

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 11:30 PM

The one listed will run on propane....
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Generator PSA - 07/12/22 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by bronco71
The one listed will run on propane....

any convenience store, tractor supply, atwoods, propane is easy to find and store.
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Generator PSA - 07/13/22 12:29 AM

Looks like a great deal! I agree on ethanol free gas. The Bucees in Denton sells it.
Posted By: AirForceAngler

Re: Generator PSA - 07/13/22 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain

Did they race from NY to California?
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Generator PSA - 07/13/22 07:11 PM

Did the ship already sail on this sale?

Re: Generator PSA - 07/13/22 07:16 PM

Wife just tried and didn’t get a discount.

confused 3

Re: Generator PSA - 07/13/22 07:20 PM

Looks like it, yep. Guess it was a limited time deal. I don't even remember what it was listed for. Wasn't it $899?

Re: Generator PSA - 07/13/22 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0
Looks like it, yep. Guess it was a limited time deal. I don't even remember what it was listed for. Wasn't it $899?

I think so..

Re: Generator PSA - 07/13/22 09:06 PM

yes, was marked down to $899 from $1399 for Prime day with free shipping....and an additional $150 off with Amazon store card so $801 total delivered....

Re: Generator PSA - 07/13/22 09:10 PM

[Linked Image]

roflmao roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum