Texas Fishing Forum

Who has done this?

Posted By: David Welcher

Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:05 PM

She got me hung up in 23' foot of water in a Cedar Tree this past weekend, I tried and tried to get her free, but she wasn't coming loose, so I had to jump in and go down about 10' to get her.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:14 PM

not me... I swim like a rock.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:16 PM

Good way to cool off in this heat!
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:19 PM

What lake is that? water looks pretty clear.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:24 PM

I couldn't get back in the boat ...
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:27 PM

I'm sure the water felt nice, but idk if I would jump in.

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
What lake is that? water looks pretty clear.

Ray Roberts
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:41 PM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:44 PM

I've done it for a lure, but it didn't have a fish on it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:51 PM

Not on purpose. cheers

Nice one.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:55 PM

I never have but a buddy I fished with a lot back in the 70s did one day at Toledo Bend. Caught it on a Texas rigged worm and it got wrapped in the tree tops. He could see it and just stripped down to his briefs and jumped in. It weighed just over 8 lbs and was the biggest bass he had ever caught up to that point. I thought he was nuts, but I might have done the same thing.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 05:59 PM

I have not and might have 20 years ago but not now
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
I have not and might have 20 years ago but not now

This ^^^
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 06:08 PM

I've gotten in the water to push out a log but never to get a fish off of one.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 06:28 PM

Much respect.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 06:28 PM

I used to fish with a guy that had went through Navy seal training, he was pretty comfortable in the water. I saw him swim probably close to 1/4 mile in a pair of wranglers to get a heron bird free of a trotline. Then he swam back to the boat. loco
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 06:37 PM

thats bad a
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 06:38 PM

I only do I when shark fishing, ya know rigs in the gulf!!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Not on purpose. cheers

I can relate to that

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 06:54 PM

And then on Wednesday I had to remove a snake from the Chicken Coop
Derek would be proud as I just relocated him about 10 miles to the West [Linked Image]
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 07:06 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 07:41 PM

I think you just wanted to get in the wateršŸ˜. Nice bass btw thumb
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider
I never have but a buddy I fished with a lot back in the 70s did one day at Toledo Bend. Caught it on a Texas rigged worm and it got wrapped in the tree tops. He could see it and just stripped down to his briefs and jumped in. It weighed just over 8 lbs and was the biggest bass he had ever caught up to that point. I thought he was nuts, but I might have done the same thing.

Similar story at Toledo Bend, early 80's, me and two buddies were fishing in the Sabine River channel close to the Pendleton bridge for Stripers with live goldfish.
One buddy hung a big Striper on his bass rod and fought the fish for probably 30 mins with 12lb test.
Me and the other buddy finished off a six pack of Moosehead beer while we watched him he just hang on to the big fish.
Finally after all that time he got it close to the top and then it got hung up in a old tall pine tree about 10 feet down.
My other bud jumped in and swam down and pulled it free, swam all the way up with it. We were amazed and shocked by the size of the fish.
When we got in that night the marina was closed but weighed it outside at Holly Park Marina, it was 19lbs. Wish I could find the old picture.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 08:09 PM

I did the same at Ray Roberts for a smaller fish. I didn't worry about doing it until I saw a couple BIG gators close by. Never again for sure.
Posted By: John175ā˜®

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 08:18 PM

Good catch! So they're suspended in the cedars at RR. Nice info!

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 09:25 PM

Yes they are

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 9094

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 10:02 PM

Maybe 5 foot if it is warm. I couldnā€™t hold my breath long enough to go 10 and back!
Posted By: 9094

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
And then on Wednesday I had to remove a snake from the Chicken Coop
Derek would be proud as I just relocated him about 10 miles to the West [Linked Image]

I have done this a lot. My wifeā€™s chickens are snake magnets. Good snakes get relocated. Rattlers lose their head!
Posted By: bigrebar

Re: Who has done this? - 06/30/22 10:39 PM

Never been scared of water. Every time I get offshore, I go swimming. Wading in the bays, I'm in. Get me in the water, I like it.

However, I have a phobia about fresh water lakes that I developed about 15 years ago or so. One time we were anchored up in 40 foot of water where we jumped off the boat and swam for years. I had graphed that area enough to know there wasn't anything in the water there for 100's of feet away, it was our swimming hole. I was the first to slide off into the water. Hanging off the back waiting for everyone else to get in, all of a sudden, something very slimy, very stinky, and very stiff, slid up the inside of my left leg from my ankle to my crotch. Like an Asian Carp, I flew out of the water as fast as a fat boy can.

Look down into the water and there is the top of an old 2 inch PVC buoy they use to mark something in the lake. Top of it had a prop scar and it must have been floating about 5 feet under the surface and I guess my foot moved it enough it thought it wanted to float that day. I couldn't get back in the water. My legs want to crawfish back into my body. Still haven't gotten over that, probably why I don't fresh water fish anymore.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Who has done this? - 07/01/22 12:54 AM

yep but only about 5 feet deep
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Who has done this? - 07/01/22 01:01 AM

Na hell na
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum