Texas Fishing Forum

Medicare Help

Posted By: Dustin Aldous

Medicare Help - 06/27/22 08:08 PM

I know everyone gets bombarded with calls when they get close to 65, just want to give everyone a good place for resources leading up to when you should enroll into Medicare. If you ever have questions, feel free to give me a shout. I was on the Client Service Team with our company for 2 years and can guide you in the right direction. We also have a Facebook page you can follow for advice and to see if anyone has gone through similar experiences if you have come across a problem on Medicare. You do not have to be a client to utilize these resources as well.

www.BoomerBenefits.com

If you are in the state of Texas, I can help you out with your enrollment process as we are licensed with several carriers. I just want to help out and make it as easy as possible for you. You can call me directly at work if needing to shop your rates or need enrollment help at 817-916-0784.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 12:01 AM

I recommend Medicare Advantage......haven't pd a cent on any doctor visits, labs,x-rays, all my operations, and meds are cheap (for me anyway).
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 01:10 AM

if you are in the metroplex I'd recommend Care n Care advantage plan.
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 01:13 AM

I'm only in my 40s but I get all these GD calls every day and even more trash in the mail because my dad is Medicare age now.

If you can make all of this stop, I'll pay you whatever you want.

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 01:24 AM

Ha I wish I could make them stop. This last year was crazy, I even got the calls myself.

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
I recommend Medicare Advantage......haven't pd a cent on any doctor visits, labs,x-rays, all my operations, and meds are cheap (for me anyway).

They are definitely getting better each year. They are what most people are familiar with as it’s the closest thing that resembles employer coverage when coming on to Medicare. They are even opening them up more to travel now, which was the biggest issue with them from years past.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 02:37 AM

If you are interested in an Advantage plan be sure to check if your doctors and preferred hospitals are in the network. I have very good insurance through my former employer's early retirement coverage - a Blue Cross PPO. But when I checked the Blue Cross Advantage plan they had very limited hospital choices. I will opt for a Plan G supplement instead.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 10:56 AM

I have a distant cousin in health care industry and she says run from the advantage plan.
I’m not sure why, I just know that is what she posted on FB.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
I have a distant cousin in health care industry and she says run from the advantage plan.

Medicare Advantage plans are great for many retirees. But they do have limitations for folks who have chronic, severe healthcare problems. While your routine medical care is likely covered, if you have need of particular specialties (psychiatric for example), you may find that the nearest in-network provider is 50+ miles away. So you have to do a little homework before diving into one.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 12:20 PM

not sure why she would say that but if it wasn't for my advantage plan I'd be bankrupt after having 22 surgeries and at least 100 er visits since I got on it in 2010. Now most advantage plans don't have great dental plans, but they are better than no coverage at all.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 01:24 PM

It's Dyn-O-Mite!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 01:36 PM

Ole JJ over does that commercial just a tad
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 01:37 PM

Btw Dustin, kind offer on your part. I’m a bit too young but will be exploring Medicare in about 4 years
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 01:49 PM

When I was close to 65 my wife even got calls from Medicare brokers to see if she could "make a decision for me".

There is a guy on here named Tim Greifer 630-215-4255 that is a Medicare and health insurance broker. He is also a bass fisherman. He helped me and several of my friends through the maze of offerings.
Posted By: diggerwolf

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

Medicare Advantage plans are great for many retirees. But they do have limitations for folks who have chronic, severe healthcare problems. While your routine medical care is likely covered, if you have need of particular specialties (psychiatric for example), you may find that the nearest in-network provider is 50+ miles away. So you have to do a little homework before diving into one.

I'm no Medicare expert, but having to navigate the system for my mother & uncle, I can second what Zeek said.

Also, IMHO, Medicare Advantage plans are great for younger, healthier seniors. At some point it becomes beneficial to quit the Advantage plan and go straight Medicare.

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by diggerwolf
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

I'm no Medicare expert, but having to navigate the system for my mother & uncle, I can second what Zeek said.

Also, IMHO, Medicare Advantage plans are great for younger, healthier seniors. At some point it becomes beneficial to quit the Advantage plan and go straight Medicare.

This is where the pitfall of a Medicare Advantage plan comes into play. Some healthy seniors get them and it’s great for them and everything they have going on at the time. In comes a serious condition that needs medications covered under part B or god forbid cancer comes into play. Advantage plans have higher maximum out of pockets of up to 3-10 times more than what you could pay out in premiums on a supplement plan.

We always evaluate and assess both sides to make sure a plan fits your needs. There are some captive agents out there that only sell a single carrier’s product and cannot do a good comparison as they are paid to sell product. What I like about our company is that we offer several carriers and get paid a flat commission regardless of the plan you choose.

By the way, does anyone live up near Rhome and fish Bridgeport, Eagle Mountain or Amon Carter? I will probably be on Anon Carter the next couple of weekends if anyone wants to tag along
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dustin Aldous
I know everyone gets bombarded with calls when they get close to 65, just want to give everyone a good place for resources leading up to when you should enroll into Medicare. If you ever have questions, feel free to give me a shout. I was on the Client Service Team with our company for 2 years and can guide you in the right direction. We also have a Facebook page you can follow for advice and to see if anyone has gone through similar experiences if you have come across a problem on Medicare. You do not have to be a client to utilize these resources as well.

www.BoomerBenefits.com

If you are in the state of Texas, I can help you out with your enrollment process as we are licensed with several carriers. I just want to help out and make it as easy as possible for you. You can call me directly at work if needing to shop your rates or need enrollment help at 817-916-0784.

Dustin - is there a web site we can visit that lists the initial premiums for Medicare Supplement plans, rather than having to go to each insurance company's web site or call them? And does that site (or some other site) show each insurer's history of rate increases? Since coverage is identical within a given plan regardless of insurance company it would seem to make sense to go with the low-cost insurer, unless that company has a history of jacking up the rate each year.

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Btw Dustin, kind offer on your part. I’m a bit too young but will be exploring Medicare in about 4 years

Certainly, being on the client service side of the business and seeing the trouble people go through is sad sometimes. I was glad to be able to help and get them out in most instances but some people don’t have the help or resources available to them. I just wanted to get a Q&A type thread setup on here to help where I can and if anyone needs help looking into new polices or getting ready to sign up, they can definitely give me a shout at 817-916-0784

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 02:23 PM

Also, if anyone has something they aren’t comfortable asking about in a specific situation on this thread, feel free to pm me

Re: Medicare Help - 06/28/22 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JCG57
Originally Posted by Dustin Aldous

www.BoomerBenefits.com

Dustin - is there a web site we can visit that lists the initial premiums for Medicare Supplement plans, rather than having to go to each insurance company's web site or call them? And does that site (or some other site) show each insurer's history of rate increases? Since coverage is identical within a given plan regardless of insurance company it would seem to make sense to go with the low-cost insurer, unless that company has a history of jacking up the rate each year.

We have software at work that I can compare them with rate increase history for each carrier. Cheaper is not always better on the supplement side but yes, they do offer the same benefits in accordance with each plan (plan g across the board will be the same).

Medicare.gov does have it to where you can view each policy on the supplement side but it is not very detailed. It will give you all of the rates available in your zip code.

Re: Medicare Help - 06/30/22 04:44 PM

Medicare can be a tricky program to navigate alone. If you’re approaching Medicare age and don’t know where to start or feel overwhelmed, give me a call and I can help! As a Medicare expert, I can help you find the right plan for your needs. My team at Boomer Benefits works with 30+ insurance companies and provides free lifetime support for the life of your policy. Don’t hesitate to call me at 817-916-0784 if you have any questions or would like assistance!

Re: Medicare Help - 07/05/22 10:03 PM

A new month is here, make sure you are not falling behind on your enrollment periods.
Posted By: Diablosandwich

Re: Medicare Help - 07/06/22 03:56 PM

FYI. MD Anderson is out of network on the advantage plan.

Re: Medicare Help - 07/07/22 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Diablosandwich
FYI. MD Anderson is out of network on the advantage plan.

Yes this is correct. They do accept Original Medicare and if that is an option you would want to have for treatment I would highly suggest looking into the medigap/Medicare supplement side instead of an advantage plan. If anyone needs assistance reviewing polices and what may work best for you, give me a call at work 817-916-0784. Our services are free to you and you have a client service team that handles almost everything Medicare for you once you get a policy.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum