Texas Fishing Forum

It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang

Posted By: Pinkus

It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 07:25 PM

It’s over fellers, we are screwed.. Went to the local McDonald’s today and realized There is no more $1 menu, nothing under $2.. heck, [censored] McDoubles are $2.69..I’m not really a fan of McDonald’s but did hit it from time to time out of convenience and being a tight wad “occasionally”. I may be late to the party for this mind blowing experience considering I haven’t been there in awhile..I’ve noticed price increases at most other establishments but not 160%.. 8% inflation my arse, idk who is buying that nonsense.. Times are tough when [censored] McDonald’s is increasing 160%
Posted By: Tneel

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 07:28 PM

FJB again! Can this country survive the rest of his term?
Posted By: flashman252

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tneel
FJB again! Can this country survive the rest of his term?

Nope! OP said it best "WE ARE SCREWED"
Posted By: Razorback

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 07:32 PM

I found out about that a couple of weeks ago. In a hurry, drove through and got two McDoubles, my bill was about $5.50.

8.6% inflation is carefully calculated on only the things you don't buy. Everything else is up 25% to 169%.

Tbis can't go on. Lower and middle class people can't afford to live like this. FJB.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 07:36 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hopalong

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 07:51 PM

just bought groceries.

marie callendar large pot pies were 2.49 18 months ago, today they are 3.49 and no larger or better.

probably paid 50-60.00 more for the same amount of stuff I normally buy over what it was on jan. 19th of last yr.

FJB!
Posted By: Jonah's View

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 08:06 PM

i was just shaking my head this AM... shot out to Whattaburger this AM for the wife and I, got 4 taquito's, 2 hash browns and one orange juice, came to $20.38... FJB !!!
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 08:06 PM

i agree...we paid $17.50 for 3 Whoppers at Burger King...we decided to hedge our bet and spent over $800 for basic groceries for the next year+
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 08:15 PM

Had a job at the coast early morning. Left at 430am got to coast at 6 and needed something to eat as I didn't make breakfast. Hit McD because that's all that was open. Haven't been to one in at least a year. We don't do fast food anymore. Got a sausage egg muffin w oj and 2 sausage burritos. 13+ and they gave me ham instead so inflation and they still suck. 30 min later I was running for the Johnny Island and praying it wasn't out of tp but was ready to use socks. I will just be hungry next time until the stores open up. Making sure to keep my bananas and rock it apples stocked up at home.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 08:34 PM

Thank your local Dem Voter. Don't worry they will be back at it late this fall.
Posted By: malibu6501

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 08:48 PM

I've always thought fast food was overpriced. We order pizza on occasion but have found the frozen ones are better than the fast food ones. As far as burgers, we do a venison, pork grind. When that runs out, well prob do a beff/ pork grind. FFFood.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tneel
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Trickster

Yep
Posted By: Beak47

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 09:33 PM

Hop the chicken pot pies are cheaper in the 6 pack box at Sams but they are the smaller size and dont fill me up like the Large version. Turkey and Beef in large size also. But price definitely has risen at WM.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 09:41 PM

Everyone turn to the gov for help and all you have to do is give them everything to be happy
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 09:44 PM

$15 an hour.. and they are too stupid to count change.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
$15 an hour.. and they are too stupid to count change.

Counting got weird.

When I was with Citibank I used to ask applicants for Analyst positions during their interview to solve a long division problem and calculate a percentage of a number. High school math. But no devices. Solve it on a white board.

About 3/4 of them could not do it. These were all recent college graduates.

If you could not show your work it did not bode well for you. I was later corrected by the powers that were in place that my "test" as they called it was unfair. I had to stop doing that right away. Doing it long hand is not a requirement I was told if reliable tools are available.

So maybe the fat lady did sing. Without our phones we are screwed for sure.
Posted By: Jman

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/26/22 10:55 PM

Double quarter pounder with cheese is legit but like CKINCAID keep an eye out on any unusual sphincter activity.
Posted By: Donpilot

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/27/22 12:33 AM

Burger King. On the road. 2 whopper juniors, 2 onion rings, 2 medium drinks, tax. $16 and small change!
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/27/22 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Trickster

Most of those voters are already dead.

Pray for voter reform and accountability. The dems have figured out how to game the system.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/27/22 01:54 AM

Lower and middle class people who vote Democrat have a strange fascination for building their own gallows. They probably want to help tie the noose, too.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: It’s over folks, the fat lady has sang - 06/27/22 02:56 AM

I was at WalMart this morning and lower priced store brands were sold out in several items. Just another sign of the times. I needed laundry detergent and the shelf with the high priced brands were full but the lower priced stuff was only available in largest quantities. Things are getting tough out there and it is only a matter of time before we see a big drop in consumer confidence. I dumped all retail stocks months ago and plan to just sit on my cash for awhile.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum