Texas Fishing Forum

Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously?

Posted By: Okie Poke

Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 12:43 PM

COURTESY……..
Courtesy goes a long ways……some will never understand the importance of courtesy. Courtesy is a quality that is learned from your upbringing. Would you consider yourself a courteous person? I know that I am. It is one of the best characteristics a person can possess. This world would be a cake walk if we were all courteous. This is such an important word. Thanks, Rescue Fire, for bringing your early morning mowing thread to light.

Have a great day and see how courteous you can be…….track your results and you’ll be amazed on your successes.

coach Okie coach
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 12:52 PM

Oh shut up already.

grin
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 12:53 PM

yep you're right about that. I was to brought up to be courtesy to people, and respect my elders, getting harder to find elders tho. LOL
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Oh shut up already. grin

Love ya, bro……..see?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 12:56 PM

Mostly. I do feel like getting even when it isn’t given back equally.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 12:56 PM

I consider myself a courteous person.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird

So do I.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:06 PM

my grandfather (dads side) who I spent summers with as a wee tyke would slap the krap out of the side of my head if I didn't say yes ma'am, sir, open doors for women and in general be courteous to everyone.
didn't take many whacks to get in line and I still consider myself courteous, well except to that one female who cussed me for opening a door for her a lot of yrs. back. should have slapped her up side the head.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:08 PM

Yes, I think I do. I was raised when there were parents. My parents and grandparents made sure I was polite and courteous to everyone. If I did something "ugly" my Dad made sure I knew what I did wrong and if my grand father saw me, I got the dreaded "Billy Roy....come see me when we get home". That ruined the whole day. Today I open the door for people, hold the door, say thank you and have a nice day. I try to do my good deed for the day, something very simple to paying it forward. Like I said, I was raised when there was such a thing as parents.

And, I was raised going to church.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:08 PM

Yes, maybe to a fault, it seems to mess some folks up when I show them courtesy
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:09 PM

I was raised to be courteous, especially to older people.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:10 PM

Yes... Thanks for asking... Dan thumb
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:17 PM

Thanks for waiting and not posting this at 6:00 AM.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster

Zing! roflmao
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster

wow thanks roflmao
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:22 PM

Yup, still hold the door open for others going into and out of stores. Shoot, I even still open the truck door for my wife after 35 years of marriage. It's funny when you get to an intersection with 4 way stop and you sit there waving for the other guy to go thru the intersection and he is waving for you to go first.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:23 PM

Yep, that is the way I was brought up and so were my kids.
I was at the parts counter at the Jeep dealership when a woman walked up to the counter. Saw her and the first thing I did was to get off of the one barstool and offer it to her. Never even thought about it, it's just first nature.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:30 PM

I am but I did mow both my yards starting at 6:01 this morning.

And I liked it!!!! nannyboo
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:32 PM

My neighbor across the street showed us some courtesy and mowed her yard early this morning.. I waved at her in return.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:51 PM

depends on how good looking she is......
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 01:54 PM

A smile goes a long way...
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 02:11 PM

I'm courteous to strangers... but an a-hole to my friends and family. Kinda bass ackwards isn't it?

Nah not really, I'm a courteous person for the most part.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
It's funny when you get to an intersection with 4 way stop and you sit there waving for the other guy to go thru the intersection and he is waving for you to go first.

Everyone should be required to watch Unhinged (with Russell Crowe) before they get their drivers' license.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 02:30 PM

Very much so I do.

I try to be this every day of my life in all honesty. I was told recently when I was talking to some that they could tell I was a native Texan, so I asked them how.

They said because of how polite and courteous I was towards them.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

So do I.

So do I
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Oh shut up already. grin

Love ya, bro……..see?

Gay
Posted By: Donpilot

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:14 PM

Yup, still hold the door open for others going into and out of stores. Shoot, I even still open the truck door for my wife after 35 years of marriage. It's funny when you get to an intersection with 4 way stop and you sit there waving for the other guy to go thru the intersection and he is waving for you to go first.

Me too on this. Just go by the rules. First goes or the one to the right is first.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Oh shut up already. grin

Love ya, bro……..see?

Gay

roflmao Nope. No homo here. We wuz just funnin'.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:19 PM

Oh shut up already. grin

Love ya, bro……..see?

Gay

roflmao Nope. No homo here. We wuz just funnin'.

Gay Squared
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
depends on how good looking she is......

Exactly.. there's a fine line between courtesy and butt kissing.

Wait is this about being polite? I am polite.
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:21 PM

Yessir, killem with kindness
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:28 PM

I am very courteous as long as I'm not behind the wheel. Then it's every man/woman for themselves. Get out of the freaking left lane and don't you dare try to cut me off.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:47 PM

No. And when I act like a self-absorbed a-hole to someone it’s because I am a self-absorbed a-hole. People should respect it. I will never be fake…authenticity is the only good quality I have.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:47 PM

Gay Squared

stir That is not very courteous.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 03:59 PM

x2

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 04:16 PM

Gay Squared

You are right Bob. I was not kind. I take it back. You are Okie are not Gay squared.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 04:31 PM

I don't slam the door in old ladies faces, I don't trip old men with walkers, and I rarely cuss in public. I have been known to spit on the sidewalk.

How's that rate.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
I don't slam the door in old ladies faces, I don't trip old men with walkers, and I rarely cuss in public. I have been known to spit on the sidewalk.

How's that rate.

Disgusting and inconsiderate... you just let old ladies punk you like that?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
No. And when I act like a self-absorbed a-hole to someone it’s because I am a self-absorbed a-hole. People should respect it. I will never be fake…authenticity is the only good quality I have.

I courteously agree, especially the part about the a-hole.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 05:17 PM

I like to think I'm courteous to others...I feel like I am and I'm willing to show courtesy to others.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser

I like to think I'm courteous to others.

So is rj.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 05:52 PM

Yes, I definitely possess it.
It gets stuck in my back pocket at times, but I do have it.

...------
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 05:55 PM

I believe I am a courteous person. One, because my dad would have beat the ever-living hell out of me if I even forgot to say yes ma’am. Two, because I have this fear that I could be lumped in with the “millennials” or the walking garbage that seems to be everywhere these days.

However, you are dead to me if you are disrespectful, arrogant, an obvious POS, or you leave your buggy in the middle of the parking lot, then courtesy goes out the window.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by DillonCan'tFish
or you leave your buggy in the middle of the parking lot

My buggy my business. I bid you good day sir.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 06:28 PM

That drives me bat [censored] crazy. Don’t wave ! The courteous thing is to follow the rules and when IT IS YOUR TURN…get the hell going!!!! You are aggravating people that know how to drive. Courtesy is doing what is supposed to be done, without hand signals and horn honking.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

So do I.

Me too...
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 06:56 PM

So is rj.

I concur, take for instance the time we were having beers in the parking lot of castaways after fishing, some random dude magically appears saying he had to take a wizz real bad, rj let the guy wizz in his room, I'd say that was pretty courteous.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

How's that rate.

Disgusting and inconsiderate... you just let old ladies punk you like that?

Excellent dear sir! Your superior intellect has been noted! I certainly hold the door for the young ladies. Especially when in tank tops and braless.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 07:02 PM

Courtesy is important to me. Many people have no courtesy anymore.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Westside.

So is rj.

I concur, take for instance the time we were having beers in the parking lot of castaways after fishing, some random dude magically appears saying he had to take a wizz real bad, rj let the guy wizz in his room, I'd say that was pretty courteous.

Lol. He was like the Magic Man, now you see me, now you don’t. I think you’re the one that gave him a cold beer.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 07:34 PM

We're some courteous mofos lol ^^^
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 08:07 PM

I'm normally courteous, but can go from courteous to rectal orifice in a nanosecond if necessary.

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 08:11 PM

Gay Squared

You are right Bob. I was not kind. I take it back. You are Okie are not Gay squared.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 08:18 PM

Gay Squared

[Linked Image]

# OT Hard
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/23/22 08:49 PM

Yes sir, no ma’am, please, thank you, hold the door open for everyone, ladies first. You only got one warning with Loyd Oldaker and after that, it was a slap upside the head. You couldn’t endure too many slaps upside the head from a bricklayer’s hand. The lesson took very quickly. I always try to have courtesy for everyone, especially the people I live around.

On that note, I owe an apology to IndianNation65. I was ugly to him in another thread when I shouldn’t have been. Sincerest apologies, sir.
Posted By: a777pilot

Re: Do you consider yourself to possess this trait? Seriously? - 06/24/22 01:14 AM

There is courteous and then there is courteous.

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet,” was one of the rules General Mattis gave to his Marines in Iraq.

It applies everywhere, even the grocery store or gas station.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum