Texas Fishing Forum

Dang Covid

Posted By: tmd11111

Dang Covid - 06/23/22 12:52 AM

Woke up at 130 am this morning feeling like a dog turd. Took a home test kit from work and tested positive. Second time catching this crud but don’t feel near as bad as when I got it two years ago.
Posted By: Bassnhog

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 12:53 AM

Embrace the natural anti-bodies.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Woke up at 130 am this morning feeling like a dog turd. Took a home test kit from work and tested positive. Second time catching this crud but don’t feel near as bad as when I got it two years ago.

Second time for my brother and sister in laws. They live a weird lifestyle though. He works alone at a bank.. nightshift. She’s a HS teacher. They love going to concerts and living around huge crowds. They said they don’t feel too bad. Mostly boredom.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 01:01 AM

Wife got it. No vaccine for either of us. Never worn a mask. Neither of us ever tested positive but may have had it in Nashville on New Years. She feels like [censored]. No fever good 02 levels just typical feel like [censored]. She's on day 4. I feel fine been sleeping in same bed. No problems.

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by tmd11111

Second time for my brother and sister in laws. They live a weird lifestyle though. He works alone at a bank.. nightshift. She’s a HS teacher. They love going to concerts and living around huge crowds. They said they don’t feel too bad. Mostly boredom.

Wife and I both work at the same place, a medical device manufacturing site with about 700 people. I get to stay home for a week and can do most of my job remotely. Her on the other hand is a HMFIC and is kind of needed there. I guess if she feels like crud tomorrow she'll have to lead from behind a keyboard.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 02:46 AM

Niece is stuck in Austin with it. She is attending an conference…but cannot fly back home to LA.

She ought to be able to bill Fauci for the extra days of hotel charges.
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 02:51 AM

It needs to ramp up soon though....Something is coming.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by CKINCAID
It needs to ramp up soon though....Something is coming.

Election?
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 03:53 AM

It's here to stay.
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 11:11 AM

My BIL that lives north of Atlanta, GA got it last week. He's still struggling.

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 11:30 AM

Well, starting off day 2 feeling twice as bad as I did yesterday. Grrr.....

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 11:47 AM

I wonder what the government is using to spread Covid. Are we drinking it? Eating it?

I feel like there is someone controlling it. The tests are to track their progress.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bassnhog
Embrace the natural anti-bodies.

This

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 11:54 AM

Our local news will keep track of area wide cases and report the numbers. There was a huge spike this weekend reporting. A month ago there would be a report of 2 to 5 cases. This last report was 88 new cases with 7 hospitalizations.

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 11:57 AM

I wonder what the government is using to spread Covid. Are we drinking it? Eating it?

I feel like there is someone controlling it. The tests are to track their progress.

Walk out in any public area and aerosol it . . . At a WalMarx, dept. store, especially sporting events and concert type venues. Then there are the club scenes. Easy to spread. Once it gets going it is like a cancer in the population, just grows and feeds on the population.

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

Walk out in any public area and aerosol it . . . At a WalMarx, dept. store, especially sporting events and concert type venues. Then there are the club scenes. Easy to spread. Once it gets going it is like a cancer in the population, just grows and feeds on the population.

I know. I was tongue in cheek typing.
roflmao

I keep wondering when’s my turn. Hope I don’t get it. I don’t go anywhere but to work and fishing.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 12:14 PM

Remember that giant "Saharan dust storm" we had last week or the week before? yes

Friday, Jun 10th I was walking out to my truck and happened to notice some contrails in the sky that were extremely odd. Tried to get some pics of them but it made me wonder, why on earth would a plane fly in such a weird pattern?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0

Remember that giant "Saharan dust storm" we had last week or the week before? yes

Friday, Jun 10th I was walking out to my truck and happened to notice some contrails in the sky that were extremely odd. Tried to get some pics of them but it made me wonder, why on earth would a plane fly in such a weird pattern?

[Linked Image]

T-38 training
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 12:46 PM

My eyes are watering.
Posted By: DI

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 12:52 PM

Knowing more people getting it recently, I believe if you never take a test you never have it.

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by DI
Knowing more people getting it recently, I believe if you never take a test you never have it.

In my line of work that's not a viable option
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 01:13 PM

The 2 new variants of the Omicron variant, Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 don't care if you have had Covid in the past or the vaccine. They are seeing that they get around both types of immunity. The good news, in most cases all Omicron Covid cases are milder. One day, if not already, we will be treating Covid like the Flu where each fall there will be a vaccine, and it may be effective for the primary variant, but not all.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 01:27 PM

I've had it twice. The last bout was 2 months ago. Lasted 4 days. Day 1 major headache and chills. Day 2 cough, low grade fever. It took about a week to fully recover.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 01:53 PM

I've been working around people that got it and never had a sniffle for 2 years and caught it last week. Fatigue, severe congestion and coughing for a few days. Got a steroid that broke it up.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 02:29 PM

I got covid twice. Last September was pretty bad. I had pneumonia really bad. I woke up to take a leak and was out of breath before I made it to bathroom. I cycle pretty regularly and it still whipped my lungs. I will say this, they gave me a whole list of vitamins to take when I when I went to the doctor. I have been taking them every day since then I haven’t been sick since. I usually have bad sinus issues in the spring, nothing. I would advise getting on the vitamins and staying on them. This is what I take everyday : 1-1000mg vitamin C, 1 Alpha Lipoic Acid, 1-50mg Vitamin D3, 1-50mg Zinc Picolinate, 1 Tumeric Curcumin, 1-500mg Quercetin, and 2 Mens one a day gummies…
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 02:37 PM

I think they should just rename it Influenza X and be done with it. Pretty sure it's going to end up being endemic just like it's close cousin the flu.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 02:42 PM

My wife lost her 50 year old cousin last week to COVID.

Puts the number of deaths of people I personally knew around 30ish. The common denominator, all unvaccinated.

Say what you want about the vaccine, but out of all the vaccinated people I know, only 1 has spend a single night in a hospital, and none have died.

tmd11111, praying for a speedy and full recovery.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by sprigsss

Puts the number of deaths of people I personally knew around 30ish. The common denominator, all unvaccinated.

Say what you want about the vaccine, but out of all the vaccinated people I know, only 1 has spend a single night in a hospital, and none have died.

But it’s cool to say you’re unvaccinated and never worn a mask, EVER❗️
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 05:27 PM

You really need to have your groundwater checked or have some kind of study done on your friends and relatives. I don’t know anyone around me that has been vaccinated, been sick, or died.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 08:40 PM

people die every second of every day, the only certain thing in life is death

you better learn to live the life you have and not cower in fear

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Who knew taking action to prevent hospitalization and death is living in fear. Is buckling your seatbelt considered living in fear?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Who knew taking action to prevent hospitalization and death is living in fear. Is buckling your seatbelt considered living in fear?

to some it is, to some it isn't

the beauty of living in a still somewhat free society, you're allowed to make your own choices

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

You really need to have your groundwater checked or have some kind of study done on your friends and relatives. I don’t know anyone around me that has been vaccinated, been sick, or died.

Would need to check the groundwater in Louisiana, North Carolina, Texas, and Oklahoma.

Consider yourself lucky. I bragged and claimed the same early on, unfortunately I was wrong.

Posted By: Allison1

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 09:05 PM

If you took a snapshot of every NFL stadium on any Sunday, all filled to capacity, there are fewer people there than those who died from Covid after precautions were taken. Who knows how many would be dead if we took none......

From that nonexistent, unimportant virus that some think was a hoax.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
If you took a snapshot of every NFL stadium on any Sunday, all filled to capacity, there are fewer people there than those who died from Covid after precautions were taken. Who knows how many would be dead if we took none......

Did CNN give you that analogy? Don't believe everything you read. Especially stats regarding covid deaths. Who do you think comes up with those numbers? Who funds those agencies?

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

Did CNN give you that analogy? Don't believe everything you read. Especially stats regarding covid deaths. Who do you think comes up with those numbers? Who funds those agencies?

Yeah, who funds those corrupt Medical Examiners and Doctors.......

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

I knew someone would argue the numbers. I also know that CNN is often a catch phrase used. Funny. You are consistent.

I have not heard one person like you who disputes it to offer a more objective or credible number.
So, you are taking your beliefs out of thin air. My other guess is that when you or your loved ones gets critically ill you will drive them to the doctors or hospitals that believe in the agencies that produce those numbers.

Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 09:33 PM

There is always two sides to every story
I have had the great hoax three times and have not had a shot or been to hospital

This hoax affects everyone differently
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 09:35 PM

I'm 82 years old and have C.O.P.D......I took the vaccine plus a booster and infusion treatment after first time I tested positive for covid.....6 months later i tested positive again for covid....both times all I had was a slight fever for one day,a runny nose and some chest congestion that lasted a couple of weeks...
I don't what would have happened if I hadn't had the vaccine and booster but I'm damn glad I was vaccinated.....
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 09:56 PM

Which of the mandated “precautions” were the most effective or even barely effective then?

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel
Which of the mandated “precautions” were the most effective or even barely effective then?

Thats easy. Ivermectin.
It was effective at politicizing a health crisis.

Next.....(this is meant as a joke) bleach.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 10:02 PM

Thats easy. Ivermectin.

Don't forget the arrows stuck on floors of grocery stores, 6' apart. I know that had to help too.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Dang Covid - 06/23/22 10:14 PM

Thats easy. Ivermectin.

Try comprehending and guess again - neither of those was mandated.

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 11:17 AM

Day 6 and still testing positive. Still not as bad as the first time I had it but still sucks.
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 11:37 AM

So I'm trying to understand the "Covid is a hoax" situation. If anyone can answer without a bunch if name calling and personal insults like small children, that'd be great.

In the hoax argument, what is actually the hoax? The illness, the deaths from the illness, the treatments ie Ivermectin and vaccines, the lockdowns, something that I don't even know about? I'm not debating here, I'm curious about that side of this situation? I don't partake in too many of these threads but I am curious to that side of it all.

As for me, I've never missed a single day of work from covid, not one. If I have had covid, I didn't know about it. I have lost 2 family members to covid, 1 with every single health problem you can imagine and another who was what I would call very healthy, non smoker on no prescriptions and still golfed and played tennis every week. Iv'e had plenty of other family and friends get it and the range of problems from it was hardly nothing to had to go to the hospital for several days. Alot of family got vaxed and alot of family didn't.

I'm not debating it, I'm just curious about the hoax argument. Lay it on me.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 11:44 AM

Within a week we have 7 of 12 testing positive in our shop. All from one that says if you don't get tested you don't have it.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 01:42 PM

I thought I dodged it after everybody around me had it but it finally caught up to me this weekend. I feel like I'm already getting better so hopefully that was it. Just feels like a really bad sinus infection- really bad nasal congestion, super runny nose, and some coughing. Went through a whole box of Kleenex yesterday so my nose feels like it's gonna fall off
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 02:53 PM

Just got off phone with my buddy. He got it again. He got the regeneron shots first time bad fever for a few days. This time is a headache and runny nose. Unvaccinated...sure glad I went fishing instead of golfing with him....that's how I got it last time, from him.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 03:40 PM

I'm vaccinated and boosted. Finally got COVID for the first time 2 weeks ago. I had one night where I was super tired and went to bed at 8pm and slept 12 hours. Longest I've slept in years. After that I felt pretty well normal. I've still got a little hangover sinus congestion, but I feel fine.

As has been the norm with this bug it still seems to hit everyone differently. One of my best friends got it a week and a half ago. 39 years old and he had a rough go. He lost 16 lbs in 10 days, but seems to be coming out of it just fine now.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I'm vaccinated and boosted. Finally got COVID for the first time 2 weeks ago. I had one night where I was super tired and went to bed at 8pm and slept 12 hours. Longest I've slept in years. After that I felt pretty well normal. I've still got a little hangover sinus congestion, but I feel fine.

As has been the norm with this bug it still seems to hit everyone differently. One of my best friends got it a week and a half ago. 39 years old and he had a rough go. He lost 16 lbs in 10 days, but seems to be coming out of it just fine now.

Weird, I got it 2 weeks ago for the first time as well, same thing, went to bed at 8pm on Friday and slept almost 13 hours (longest I've slept in years as well) woke up Saturday and was absolutely ravenous all day Saturday, it was like I couldn't get enough calories in no matter what I ate, still lost 10 lbs through the course of the week I tested positive.
Posted By: redace1

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 04:30 PM

The overarching good news is the current virus seems to be a lot less severe than when this debacle began..

Last week my sister, daughter, and father all came up positive in three separate locations of the state.
One vaccinated the other two not. All recovered within a week with no medical intervention necessary..

So there is that versus the two year long debate.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0

[Linked Image]

back in the late 60's , the Federal Government took planes and seeded the fog clouds that come in every night in San Francisco . They didn't say a word to State or local officials . It was a cold virus strain and they wanted to see if and when people would start reporting getting sick . Nobody knew until the late 80's that this had been done . I remember when the local news reported it ---- people were shocked .
I remember my dad saying , " if they can do that and get away with it ---what else have they done "
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 10:11 PM

TMD I saw where the cases had ballooned up in Angelo. Be careful and take care!
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 10:17 PM

I know of 12 or 13 people that have tested positive in the last 3 or 4 days, my wife said 7 people tested positive at her work last Thursday

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 10:19 PM

1old I dont know where you were last week but several Air Carriers enroute to Austin Bergstrom where being held out west near San Saba and possibly were high enough to produce contrails. There apparently was a problem at Austin or some kind of delay. I saw it on FlightAware. We had hazy conditions for several days and I assumed that was the Saharan dust but who knows!

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Beak47
TMD I saw where the cases had ballooned up in Angelo. Be careful and take care!

Yeah, we went from single digits to almost 400 last week. I’m on day 6 and finally feeling a little better this afternoon. Hopefully it will be gone in another day or two.

Re: Dang Covid - 06/27/22 11:22 PM

Hang in there. I dont want it even tho some say it was nothing. I be 75 in 2 weeks so not a good thing to have!

Re: Dang Covid - 06/28/22 04:34 PM

Saw an interesting thing put out by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health the other day that kind of explains things. The mRNA vaccines take about 4-5 days to get your body's immune response up to full fighting force once you are exposed/infected with Covid. The older variants took 10-14 days in your system before you would start showing signs or getting a bad case. If you had your vaccine your immune response fought those variants off before you got sick, unless you had some autoimmune condition that compounded things. But with Omicron, that variant (and it's sub-variants) they can make you have symptoms within 2 or 3 days of exposure. The mRNA vaccine response of 4-5 days will still be in effect, so you might be sick for a day or two before your immune response kicks in.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnsHopkinsSPH/photos/pcb.10158486960606245/10158486949911245
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum