Texas Fishing Forum

Almost Baby Time!

Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 03:33 PM

Prayers would be greatly appreciated for my wife and our second son. If everything goes according to plan, we will meet our little boy, Knox, around noon tomorrow.
It is a scheduled C-Section since the last one was an emergency.

I have been cool as a cucumber, but the nerves are starting to creep in. I am praying for a smooth delivery and speedy recovery. Last time was about all the drama my ticker could take.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 03:39 PM

Congrats buddy-
I’m sure it’s going to wonderful-
cheers
Posted By: Jonah's View

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 03:43 PM

Knee’mail sent... God bless you and your family... thumb
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 03:49 PM

Man I sure miss those days, I would love to be a dad one more time. Prayers for you guys!
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 03:58 PM

cheers
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 04:12 PM

Prayers for the best!
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 04:13 PM

Prayers up, and congratulations
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 04:18 PM

angel2 All the best. thumb
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 04:26 PM

congrats !!! Prayers up .
You'll get to meet one of your greatest blessings soon ---- a time to celebrate
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Prayers up, and congratulations

angel2
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
angel2 All the best. thumb
Posted By: DI

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 05:22 PM

Breathe, that's what I didn't do on the first and passed out, fell through the delivery room doors and took 2 nurses with me.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/21/22 05:56 PM

Congratulations! Prayers for smooth time for everyone involved. Were you watching them open her up on the last one? Man I don't know if I could watch that without falling out. Even though this is your second, it is a huge event - new babies are a very special blessing.

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jon
Congratulations! Prayers for smooth time for everyone involved. Were you watching them open her up on the last one? Man I don't know if I could watch that without falling out. Even though this is your second, it is a huge event - new babies are a very special blessing.

I wasn’t intentionally but saw the worst of it on accident. I was bouncing back and forth between her and my son after they pulled him out and started weighing, measuring, and what not. One of the times I was making my way back towards her, one of the doctors stepped out of the way and I saw quite a bit. Not sure what it all was, but it shocked me. She was completely out during the whole thing due to two epidurals and being in labor so long. I think that was probably for the best.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 02:00 AM

Good luck!!!... angel... Dan
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 02:15 AM

Craziest thing I've ever seen! God bless and congratulations.

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by DillonCan'tFish
Originally Posted by Jon

I wasn’t intentionally but saw the worst of it on accident. I was bouncing back and forth between her and my son after they pulled him out and started weighing, measuring, and what not. One of the times I was making my way back towards her, one of the doctors stepped out of the way and I saw quite a bit. Not sure what it all was, but it shocked me. She was completely out during the whole thing due to two epidurals and being in labor so long. I think that was probably for the best.

I bet this one will go 1000 times better than that. I'm pretty sure I could not watch the surgical part. My first one was back when the dad had to stay out in the waiting room. Second one, my wife decided to go for the epidural and just watching that procedure got to me. In my memory from 34 years ago it seemd like that thing was 3' long but I'm sure that was not really the case. One of the nurses took a look at my face and suggested I might want to sit down. That was a good idea, becuse I was about to drop out roflmao.
I guess she'd seen that look before and told me some people had the same reaction. I don't know if she was just trying to help my embarrasment.

Post up some pics of the new additionto your family tomorrow!!
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 01:43 PM

Hope everything goes well.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 02:17 PM

Congratulations! Hope mom and baby are doing well.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 04:55 PM

I wonder who the guy was that screwed this all up for everyone. I sat in the waiting room with a flask like it’s supposed to be done.

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
Originally Posted by Jon

I bet this one will go 1000 times better than that. I'm pretty sure I could not watch the surgical part. My first one was back when the dad had to stay out in the waiting room. Second one, my wife decided to go for the epidural and just watching that procedure got to me. In my memory from 34 years ago it seemd like that thing was 3' long but I'm sure that was not really the case. One of the nurses took a look at my face and suggested I might want to sit down. That was a good idea, becuse I was about to drop out roflmao.
I guess she'd seen that look before and told me some people had the same reaction. I don't know if she was just trying to help my embarrasment.

Post up some pics of the new additionto your family tomorrow!!

Our first one I was told I could watch the c-section, but I HAD to be seated. Doc said too many had passed out and it's seating only going forward. I got to watch the 2nd one as well. My wife requested a clear drape so she could watch.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/22/22 05:35 PM

Congrats!

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 01:26 PM

Momma and baby are doing great. Thank you all for the prayers.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 01:42 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Excellent news. and congratulations!!!
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 01:51 PM

Congratulations! Awesome! clap
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 01:56 PM

Well alright!

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Congratulations! Awesome! clap
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 03:22 PM

Yay! That's awesome!
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 04:16 PM

Congrats!!!!
Great pics!

Glad everything went good!
cheers
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 04:30 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 10:41 PM

cheers
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 11:38 PM

Congrats Dillon! cheers
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/23/22 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jon

Love C-sections. Both of mine were from them. Dr let me stand next to the anesthesiologist and take as many pics as I wanted. I got some good gutted like a pig graphic pics. He did say lots of people pass out. I thought it was awesome.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/24/22 12:06 AM

Congrads to the three of you.
Posted By: Space

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/24/22 10:41 AM

Congrats cute baby.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/24/22 10:52 AM

Congratulations to you both Dillon
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/24/22 09:22 PM

Congratulations on the new little one and everyone is doing well. Enjoy and let the spoiling begin.
I got to watch the C-Section on my wife for our daughter. The OBGYN had a nurse standing behind me incase I fainted. Doc said I did good, didn't even get the least bit queasy.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Almost Baby Time! - 06/24/22 10:31 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Amen! angel2
© 2022 Texas Fishing Forum