Texas Fishing Forum

Hot car deaths

Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 11:51 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-boy-dead-hot-car-cops

I will never understand why this keeps happening. How the hell can you go three hours without checking on a young child. No pitty for these people, lock them up!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 11:59 AM

I just can’t even imagine……
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 12:01 PM

frown that poor baby. So heartbreaking & avoidable
Posted By: GROD

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 12:05 PM

Pisses me off to no end.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

I will never understand why this keeps happening. How the hell can you go three hours without checking on a young child. No potty for these people, lock them up!

No potty or pity.

We have a generation of parents that mostly raised themselves on TV principles grazing on Cheetos and soft drinks. They have little attention span, little reasoning, and little responsibility abilities.
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 12:15 PM

Ridiculous! Should never happen.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 12:23 PM

Until they lock people up it will keep happening
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 01:07 PM

This is insane. How TF do you "forget" a 5-year-old in the backseat????

Rest easy little one. angel2
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Until they lock people up it will keep happening

Better yet, call the salvage yard and crush their car right on the spot. Seize the woman's cell phone and smash it too. They also need to do this to road ragers.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 02:59 PM

Very sad and completely inexcusable
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 03:22 PM

I check my truck every time I open the doors at home to make sure a pet hasn't hopped inside. Leaving a child to die because you were too distracted talking on the phone or texting is unthinkable. As someone said, a lot of people have the attention span of a flea.
Posted By: flashman252

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 03:26 PM

You know its bad when every time you turn off a vehicle, it beeps and there is alert on the screen that says "Check rear passengers seats before exiting vehicle". Girlfriend just bought a brand new Chevy Trailblazer and it does just this. Absolutely terrible but its obviously a major problem.
Posted By: Space

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 03:28 PM

Before I can get out of my truck it tell me to check the back seat for passengers. How can you not know you kid is with you?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Space
Before I can get out of my truck it tell me to check the back seat for passengers. How can you not know you kid is with you?

Yep. My car has the same feature. If it was someone with dementia or something, I'd have some sympathy, but then I'd be wondering why someone with dementia was driving a kid somewhere.

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 03:55 PM

Can we possibly stop texting long enough to do something, anything? I know getting that important "sup" message from one of your peeps is vital, but can we maybe not have head-on fatality wrecks or kill children in the backs of hot cars so we can answer them immediately?

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
Can we possibly stop texting long enough to do something, anything? I know getting that important "sup" message from one of your peeps is vital, but can we maybe not have head-on fatality wrecks or kill children in the backs of hot cars so we can answer them immediately?

There was a new Maserati driving beside me yesterday on I-20...idiot dang near took out my car and 3 others because they were going to miss the exit due to having their phone in their hand texting. Now I know if my little humble Hyundai Sonata has voice commands and can read my texts to me a freaking Maserati has the same **** features! Why the **** don't these people use those features? Put down the phones!

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 04:22 PM

The idea that we all have to be instantly available and in contact is something we have been conditioned to believe. In the days before cell phones I managed a 24/7/365 business. I would leave work driving and be completely incommunicado until I stopped for the night in Amarillo or Albuquerque. I called from the hotel to check in or they left me a message that I got when I arrived. They wouldn't hear from me again until the next day when I arrived in Flagstaff, Gunnison, or Phoenix. There was no texting or calling all along the way, numerous times per day or even per hour. If the place caught fire call the fire department. If it was robbed call the police. Otherwise, it could wait a few hours.

Believe it or not, your buddies or wife texting "where r u" is not so vital that it has to be read and responded to within seconds.

The only people who really need to be available by phone 24 hours a day are doctors and plumbers.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 05:06 PM

Pulled into a parking spot Sunday at the grocery store in town. There were a couple people outside a car with 2 kids in car seats in the back with the windows up, no parent around. One was on the phone with the cops. Cop told them to break out a front side window if they could and an officer was in route. By the time I came out the officer was there with the parent, citing them. Going to be an expensive shopping day having to pay for a new window and whatever the court will slap them with, but at least the kiddos survived.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 05:41 PM

shouldn't a 5 year old be able to get out of a car ?

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
Not if they have developmental delays...and if they were asleep when they were left, the heat takes over very quickly...think lobster in boiling water. You don't start a lobster off in boiling water, you start off with just tap water and turn up the heat. Same thing. Kid is asleep, car is already well over 100, kid is disoriented, kid can't get out....kid dies. Should a child be able to? Yeah, under normal circumstances, but I haven't read if this child had developmental delays or not.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 06:17 PM

Kid's in a car seat that he can't unlatch !
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 06:30 PM

I just don't understand how you "forget" your child is in the car.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 06:35 PM

Just think…we share the roads, and the world, with these stupid people.

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

There was a new Maserati driving beside me yesterday on I-20...idiot dang near took out my car and 3 others because they were going to miss the exit due to having their phone in their hand texting. Now I know if my little humble Hyundai Sonata has voice commands and can read my texts to me a freaking Maserati has the same **** features! Why the **** don't these people use those features? Put down the phones!

You’d be surprised how far behind those Italian pos cars are on technology.

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob

Kid's in a car seat that he can't unlatch !

And childproof door latches.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

You’d be surprised how far behind those Italian pos cars are on technology.

Maserati = poor man's Ferrari.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Hot car deaths - 06/21/22 06:42 PM

Not if they have developmental delays...and if they were asleep when they were left, the heat takes over very quickly...think lobster in boiling water. You don't start a lobster off in boiling water, you start off with just tap water and turn up the heat. Same thing. Kid is asleep, car is already well over 100, kid is disoriented, kid can't get out....kid dies. Should a child be able to? Yeah, under normal circumstances, but I haven't read if this child had developmental delays or not.

thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum