Texas Fishing Forum

Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics.

Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:12 PM

Someone [censored] with my table saw at work over the weekend. The blade had some broken teeth. Well. I went with and the blade kicked the material back and I got my thumb down to the bone. I wrapped it in paper towels and masking tape and drove myself to the ER. Pain level was a 3 outta 10. Then, almost an hour later it was time to see it for the first time. The paper towels had dried into the meat. Removing the mechanics bandage made it a5-6 outta 10. Then the needles! OMG!!! Wow was all I could say. My wife said she had never seen me cringe like I did. Maybe a solid 8 outta 10 on that part.

Could only stitch a couple of chuncks closed. The rest is a mesh patch.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I think I’ll buy a fresh blade tomorrow. roflmao
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:23 PM

Yikes!!!
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:24 PM

Ouch
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:24 PM

Ouch glad it was not worse!
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:25 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:31 PM

Damn it!!! Glad you didn't do anymore damage than you did.

Reminded me of when I cut meat and this lady wanted me to cut up a femur bone into smaller pieces for her small dog. I told her 'No' at first but she convinced me to do it anyway. I was cutting it when the blade caught the bone (bad section on the blade) and it kicked my hand into the saw blade and cut me to the bone. I picked up the bone and threw it at the wall while saying some of the same words you probably yelled out. The lady had this shocked look on her face and ran out of the store and we never saw her back in the market after that.

As for the pain, wait until tonight and get back with us. flame

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:32 PM

thumb

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain
Ouch glad it was not worse!

Me too. It really doesn’t seem that bad. But, doc said I’ll think differently in a while. Lots of blood. roflmao

Originally Posted by MBradford
[Linked Image]

That’s what said to my wife and the nurses. One of the nurses had sleeve tattoos. I told her I was glad it isn’t as painful as her tats were. She said she’d rather get another tat than the 2” needle I was about to get. She was correct.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro
thumb

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

cheers

First hurdle is too a be a basic life skill. Taking a wiz and buttoning up the shorts and the belt afterwards. bang
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:42 PM

that lidocaine aint no joke! But sure eases the discomfort or washing it thoroughly with saline and then sewing it up.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
thumb

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

cheers

First hurdle is too a be a basic life skill. Taking a wiz and buttoning up the shorts and the belt afterwards. bang

Get the wife to do it or tell her your girlfriend will.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:48 PM

Man I hate when people *&*%$ with my tools! That's gonna be nasty hurtful the next few days. Wait until the meds wear off. Sorry that happened man.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:50 PM

Double Dang. Is that your lip rippin thumb?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:52 PM

well at least it wasn't the top of your head. grin

about 8pm is when the good times will start, all that pain med stuff will be gone and then the hurt happens.

shot myself 3 times with 16 gun nails, twice with regular nails and the last one was gal. ring shank in the left thumb.
dr. grabbed a pr. of pliers and just did the herky jerky on it, pulled it right out. gave me a couple of shots of the cain first and
when that stuff wore off I almost wanted to cry it hurt so bad. nail had gone thru the bone then bent.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster
Double Dang. Is that your lip rippin thumb?

Yeh. If you look close u can see the bass thumb from yesterday. Lol
Posted By: J-2

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:53 PM

Cmon.. 3 stitches. I did this and came back and finished digging the last two post holes. [Linked Image]
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 05:55 PM

My dog needed 5 stitches and didn't even whimper. Man up

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by J-2
Cmon.. 3 stitches. I did this and came back and finished digging the last two post holes. [Linked Image]

Yeh. But your meat and skin is there. Three stitches was all he could could grab of the meat that left. Lol.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by J-2

Yeh. But your meat and skin is there. Three stitches was all he could could grab of the meat that left. Lol.

Yours looks pretty painful though. I’ll gladly sit in my recliner and watch tv the rest of today. Tomorrow I’ll return, clean up the blood, build on the car, and fish the Tuesday nighter.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 06:17 PM

Wait till the Novacaine wears off. I can feel the throbbing already..
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 06:51 PM

Man, that must have smarted some. When you said table saw, I cringed a bit. Hope it heals up soon.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 06:53 PM

It’s also times like these when a bidet comes in handy.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Man, that must have smarted some. When you said table saw, I cringed a bit. Hope it heals up soon.

Yeh. Owner of the shops son admitted to cutting 2x4’s with a few nails in them yesterday. It was an 80 t Freud blade. It had a section of teeth missing this morning. I have used worse, but I shouldn’t have. I typically saw with less than a inch of space between my digits and the blade. I never experienced this kind of kickback from the blade. It was violent and fast. However, I respect the routers and router table more. Those things can fight back from time to time. I think I might invest in a stop/saw. It’s cheaper to repair the stop/saw if it touches your skin vs my $500 share of my copayment at the ER this morning.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 07:00 PM

Monday Monday
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 07:27 PM

Rub some dirt on it and get back to work
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 07:48 PM

As my dad would have said, "I've had worse cuts on my eyeball" bolt

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
Rub some dirt on it and get back to work

Originally Posted by lconn4
As my dad would have said, "I've had worse cuts on my eyeball" bolt

roflmao
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 08:17 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 08:36 PM

I did something similar 2 decades ago and cut the fingerprint pad off my index finger. I permanently lost some feeling on my index finger which makes typing on a computer a little harder.
I suggest wearing work out shorts with an elastic band to avoid the whole zipper & button issues.
Wear flip flops to avoid shoe laces.
Try to keep your arm elevated with your hand pointed up to keep the swelling down and avoid the throbbing sensation.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 08:40 PM

Join the crowd, bro. Hope it heals faster than mine has. Did this 3 weeks ago. Finally starting to heal.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 08:43 PM

I can remember my Dad always saying “ I’ve had a worse cut on my lip and never quit whistlin’ “

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Join the crowd, bro. Hope it heals faster than mine has. Did this 3 weeks ago. Finally starting to heal.

[Linked Image]

How the hell did you do that !??
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 09:13 PM

Yutes today would have passed out three times and still be crying for their mommy. I would tell the chick's at the bar it happened while wrestling an alligator. thumb

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tneel
Yutes today would have passed out three times and still be crying for their mommy. I would tell the chick's at the bar it happened while wrestling an alligator. thumb

The pain wasn’t bad until the nurses started washing out the wound with some stuff. The worst was definitely the shots into the cut area. They must have washed it with salt flame
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 09:21 PM

dam, I spent a little over 30 yrs. using all types of power saws/equip. and still have all my digits and never, NEVER got bit by a saw.

probably due to woodshop in 8th grade, teach was gonna show us how to properly use the table saw (all guards in place too) and cut off his thumb, not nicked/cut but totally removed it.

I learned 5 new words that day and he was out the rest of the yr. best thing was, he could never hold a paddle right again, cut it off his dominant hand.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
dam, I spent a little over 30 yrs. using all types of power saws/equip. and still have all my digits and never, NEVER got bit by a saw.

probably due to woodshop in 8th grade, teach was gonna show us how to properly use the table saw (all guards in place too) and cut off his thumb, not nicked/cut but totally removed it.

I learned 5 new words that day and he was out the rest of the yr. best thing was, he could never hold a paddle right again, cut it off his dominant hand.

roflmao

Yeh. I used to do custom work for a corporate type place. I was the district safety coordinator and had to train guys in the saw/stop and fire guys for doing what I did today. I’ve driven an employee to an ER while holding his thumb in a paper towel.

I saw the blade was damaged and thought I could work with it. I have 35 years of experience and this is my personal Jet 2-phase 8hp table. It’s like a dog. If you don’t respect it, you can get bit. Luckily I got it lengthwise and inot crosscut. First thing tomorrow I will buy a new blade. I was lax and distracted. I paid a little price. It’s all good.
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tneel

The pain wasn’t bad until the nurses started washing out the wound with some stuff. The worst was definitely the shots into the cut area. They must have washed it with salt flame

I've been sewn up due to accidents about 12 times in my life, never whimpered until I got a shot in the end of a finger cut similar to yours. Now I know why the nurse was holding my hand down with all her weight while the doctor gave me a shot in it. Yep it hurts brother!
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/20/22 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Wait till the Novacaine wears off. I can feel the throbbing already..

What he said, the dang throbbing when you lay down and then if you get to sleep you will roll over on it.
You are also very spot on about the shots hurting more than the injury. It took around 11 stitches to put the pinky finger back together on my right hand when I was 15 years old. It was neat to see the tendons moving while they had the finger spread open to check for tendon damage and debris. What ever they poured into the cut immediately stopped the bleeding and made everything easy to see. Hope you heal quickly and so glad it wasn't any worse.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/21/22 12:36 AM

[Linked Image]

Moving my son. We both had hold of recliner and I needed to reposition hand out on front of it. Instead of setting it down, I quickly moved my hands to a different holding position and caught a sharp edge underneath it. Didn’t hurt much until shots into the flesh for deadening and cleaning process. Ouch! Hope your thumb heals faster than my palm. You know us olds need that palm to be rosey and supple. I don’t think the thumb out of commission is a big deal unless you’re hitchhiking, 😂

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/21/22 12:46 AM

[Linked Image]

Moving my son. We both had hold of recliner and I needed to reposition hand out on front of it. Instead of setting it down, I quickly moved my hands to a different holding position and caught a sharp edge underneath it. Didn’t hurt much until shots into the flesh for deadening and cleaning process. Ouch! Hope your thumb heals faster than my palm. You know us olds need that palm to be rosey and supple. I don’t think the thumb out of commission is a big deal unless you’re hitchhiking, 😂

Well. Yours looks like it hurt like hell
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/21/22 12:47 AM

3 stitches is sissy stuff, could have super glued that one closed. cheers

When I worked at an flooring installation store, we had a kid come in that had cut off 4 of his fingers on a table saw. They (hospital) had sewn back on the fingers and had some kind of medicine filled viles sticking out the top of his fingers. Made me want to puke just thinking about it.

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/21/22 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by J-2

Yours looks pretty painful though. I’ll gladly sit in my recliner and watch tv the rest of today. Tomorrow I’ll return, clean up the blood, build on the car, and fish the Tuesday nighter.

If you work all day tomorrow and then fish tomorrow night, you’re more of a bad dude than I thought you were!
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/21/22 12:48 AM

Too far from your heart to kill ya, suck it up, as said above, rub some dirt on it and then walk it off.
Posted By: Bassnhog

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/21/22 01:19 AM

A mere flesh wound. Ran into a mesquite limb on riding mower with head down in this latest blood-letting moment. I can’t do anything worthwhile without getting bloody or muddy. Cheers and heals to you Steez.
[Linked Image]

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/21/22 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bassnhog
A mere flesh wound. Ran into a mesquite limb on riding mower with head down in this latest blood-letting moment. I can’t do anything worthwhile without getting bloody or muddy. Cheers and heals to you Steez.
[Linked Image]

Man. My bald head looks like I got in bar fight all the time. I need to wear a football helmet at work.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Bad start to my Monday. Warning…. Blood and meat pics. - 06/21/22 03:16 AM

thumb

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

cheers

Yeah it’s the simple things that really make you mad.

And then You bump it on the door handle and go ballistic!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum