Texas Fishing Forum

Who's laughing now

Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 03:49 PM

I remember several here that laughed at those of us predicted $8 gas. will, laugh no more...

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/06/07/gas-station-in-california-nears-10-per-gallon/

and still climbing. Green energy is going to bankrupt this country. There will be a bloodbath come November. Praying we can hold out that long.
Posted By: MV

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I remember several here that laughed at those of us predicted $8 gas. will, laugh no more...

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/06/07/gas-station-in-california-nears-10-per-gallon/

and still climbing. Biden is going to bankrupt this country. There will be a bloodbath come November. Praying we can hold out that long.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 04:26 PM

A friend and I were just talking about this the other day.

A station in Cali already has it.

$9.45 for regular unleaded.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 04:31 PM

and still climbing. Green energy is going to bankrupt this country. There will be a bloodbath come November. Praying we can hold out that long.

I have great news for you according to our oil expert/mailman this is all Trump’s fault and Biden is going to get us out of this.

Of course even democrats are now allowing for FJB to open up drilling the only thing to fix gas prices is go back to the trump policies
DRILL BABY DRILL
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0
A friend and I were just talking about this the other day.

A station in Cali already has it.

$9.45 for regular unleaded.

Regular Mid-Grade Premium Diesel E85
Current Avg. $4.919 $5.263 $5.554 $5.684 $4.225

https://gasprices.aaa.com/

diesel is the one to watch, trucks probably avg. 125-150 gal. per fill and that all goes back to us thru surcharges.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by MV

and still climbing. Biden is going to bankrupt this country. There will be a bloodbath come November. Praying we can hold out that long.

With the high gas prices it will be way to expensive to vote in person going forward. Not to mention the added fear and danger associated with all the uncontrolled firearms out there.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 04:41 PM

Yes it is,just as voting democrat has consequences.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 05:21 PM

I hear we are going to have a severe shortage of DEF very soon.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
I hear we are going to have a severe shortage of DEF very soon.

better start drinking a lot of water. You'll need to make your own.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 05:24 PM

The two stations near the lake house were both out of gas yesterday. I'm not sure if they just couldn't afford to fill up their own tanks or what happened. It's getting ridiculous around here.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 08:59 PM

Billy was having trouble in school. His teacher constantly yelled at him, "You're driving me crazy, Billy! Can't you learn anything?" Billy's mother met with his teacher at fall conferences. The teacher told her Billy was a disaster, getting the lowest marks of any of her students. She had never had such an unmotivated and ignorant boy in her teaching career. Billy's mom, shocked at the feedback, withdrew her son, moving from Detroit to Cleveland...

25 years later, the teacher was diagnosed with severe cardiac disease and she needed a special heart surgeon. Her doctors advised her to have open heart surgery that only one surgeon, at the Cleveland Clinic, could perform. The teacher had a remarkably successful procedure.

In the recovery room, she saw the young doctor who headed her surgical team, smiling down at her. She wanted to thank him. Instead, her face turned blue as she tried to speak and she quickly died. The doctor was shocked, wondering what went suddenly wrong.

When the doctor turned to leave the room, he saw that Billy, the janitor at the Clinic, had unplugged the life-support equipment to plug in his vacuum cleaner. If you thought that Billy had become a heart-surgeon, there is a good chance you'll vote for Joe Biden! 🙂 😆
Posted By: bigrebar

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:06 PM

Billy was having trouble in school. His teacher constantly yelled at him, "You're driving me crazy, Billy! Can't you learn anything?" Billy's mother met with his teacher at fall conferences. The teacher told her Billy was a disaster, getting the lowest marks of any of her students. She had never had such an unmotivated and ignorant boy in her teaching career. Billy's mom, shocked at the feedback, withdrew her son, moving from Detroit to Cleveland...

25 years later, the teacher was diagnosed with severe cardiac disease and she needed a special heart surgeon. Her doctors advised her to have open heart surgery that only one surgeon, at the Cleveland Clinic, could perform. The teacher had a remarkably successful procedure.

In the recovery room, she saw the young doctor who headed her surgical team, smiling down at her. She wanted to thank him. Instead, her face turned blue as she tried to speak and she quickly died. The doctor was shocked, wondering what went suddenly wrong.

When the doctor turned to leave the room, he saw that Billy, the janitor at the Clinic, had unplugged the life-support equipment to plug in his vacuum cleaner. If you thought that Billy had become a heart-surgeon, there is a good chance you'll vote for Joe Biden! 🙂 😆

clap
Posted By: ridinbulls48

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:11 PM

yes
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:14 PM

*giggle*
Posted By: GLBoutdoors

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:22 PM

A+ Mudshark.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:22 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
diesel is the one to watch, trucks probably avg. 125-150 gal. per fill and that all goes back to us thru surcharges.
I'm a little surprised "they" haven't figured out a way to get diesel prices way up there without taking gasoline along with it. Super high diesel prices would accomplish their goals without being quite so obvious to the average Joe every time he pulls up to the pump.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:28 PM

roflmao
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:46 PM

clap
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel
Originally Posted by MV

With the high gas prices it will be way to expensive to vote in person going forward. Not to mention the added fear and danger associated with all the uncontrolled firearms out there.

Throw in all the Haitian votes and we are doomed!
Posted By: DI

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:51 PM

Been a while but had to dig out an I Did That sticker and paste it on the pump yesterday. $50 to fill up gas cans for riding mower. FJB.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 09:55 PM

Months ago there was a gas prediction thread to predict gas prices by July 4. I believe it was in Jan or February.
Anyone remember it? I believe we've already gone past my guess.
Posted By: D.O.C.989

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/07/22 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
Months ago there was a gas prediction thread to predict gas prices by July 4. I believe it was in Jan or February.
Anyone remember it? I believe we've already gone past my guess.

I guess that validates your standing as the all knowing oil guru on the TFF. On the other hand most everyone saw it coming when the potato was elected as that is what he campaigned on.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 03:08 AM

Got 12 weeks to go to see if the prices will fall. Per the TV news at 6pm. We also have 12 more weeks to see the prices go up.
de
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

Of course even democrats are now allowing for FJB to open up drilling the only thing to fix gas prices is go back to the trump policies
DRILL BABY DRILL

I’m not seeing these stories anywheres, I’m still seeing the “we can’t drill our way out of this stories”. Saw one tonight with Ketchupman Kerry saying that WE (the tards in charge) need to hold strong on their stance and resist the pressure of adding to the carbon footprint. bang

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

DRILL BABY DRILL

I’m not seeing these stories anywheres, I’m still seeing the “we can’t drill our way out of this stories”. Saw one tonight with Ketchupman Kerry saying that WE (the tards in charge) need to hold strong on their stance and resist the pressure of adding to the carbon footprint. bang

I saw it a couple days ago. I went back and looked after seeing your post and couldn't find anything either.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 03:37 AM

Elections have consequences.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 03:39 AM

DRILL BABY DRILL

Yep, need to preserve our carbon footprint so China can make that big huge print.
Posted By: Slylox

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by ReelBusy

roflmao

roflmao

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 11:37 AM

As much as I hope it’s a blood bath in the next election (from Bobs opening statement), I’m just not so sure about it anymore. These democrat deflectors blame everything, except for the actual problem causers. I was looking at my cousins page on FB and he had something about how bad of a job Ol’ Ice Cream licker has been doing. Well of course, one of the Ol’ Braindead supports started posting about the great job he IS doing and how Trump was corrupt, Ukraine benefited with Biden being in there and yada yada yada. In this morons eyes, he thinks this country is on the right path….and it’s scary to me to think that someone is that dumb. I am convinced that many would still vote for the democrats, even if we were in a depression. I sure do hope that the independents are smarter than the democrats.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 12:51 PM

As much as I hope it’s a blood bath in the next election (from Bobs opening statement), I’m just not so sure about it anymore. These democrat deflectors blame everything, except for the actual problem causers. I was looking at my cousins page on FB and he had something about how bad of a job Ol’ Ice Cream licker has been doing. Well of course, one of the Ol’ Braindead supports started posting about the great job he IS doing and how Trump was corrupt, Ukraine benefited with Biden being in there and yada yada yada. In this morons eyes, he thinks this country is on the right path….and it’s scary to me to think that someone is that dumb. I am convinced that many would still vote for the democrats, even if we were in a depression. I sure do hope that the independents are smarter than the democrats.

stupid is in charge for now.
Posted By: Donpilot

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 01:01 PM

Independent =closet democrat!
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 01:45 PM

I have great news for you according to our oil expert/mailman this is all Trump’s fault and Biden is going to get us out of this.

DRILL BABY DRILL

Anyone who falls for this is even more of a moron than the morons who voted for this disaster. The only reason the left is currently wanting lower gas prices is to try to avoid a massacre in November. Once they get past that speed bump they will go right back to the destructive policies that put us in this situation.

Everyone knew, or should have known, what was coming when Democrats took control. Biden announced it over and over. Even now, after he has done it and bragged about doing it, the people who carry water for his side try to tell the rest of us that he didn't do it.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback

DRILL BABY DRILL

Anyone who falls for this is even more of a moron than the morons who voted for this disaster. The only reason the left is currently wanting lower gas prices is to try to avoid a massacre in November. Once they get past that speed bump they will go right back to the destructive policies that put us in this situation.

Everyone knew, or should have known, what was coming when Democrats took control. Biden announced it over and over. Even now, after he has done it and bragged about doing it, the people who carry water for his side try to tell the rest of us that he didn't do it.

Two of my shadows. How nice.

I've said consistently that a president does not have a lot to do with oil prices.
Its a world commodity. Its also affected more by countries that have control over their oil, like OPEC and Russia who's leaders control the industry. They can cut and open production on a whim if they want to and our oil is controlled by the oil companies.

To my shadows that have a purpose in everything they post, that turned into me saying its Trumps fault.

If you'd take the politics out of it and focus on the issue, oil, you'd see it. Your partisan way of looking at things is getting in the way.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 02:02 PM

DRILL BABY DRILL

I've said consistently that a president does not have a lot to do with oil prices.
Its a world commodity. Its also affected more by countries that have control over their oil, like OPEC and Russia who's leaders control the industry. They can cut and open production on a whim if they want to and our oil is controlled by the oil companies.

To my shadows that have a purpose in everything they post, that turned into me saying its Trumps fault.

If you'd take the politics out of it and focus on the issue, oil, you'd see it. Your partisan way of looking at things is getting in the way.

Why is it so hard for you to understand this?!?! Here, I’ll post this again, maybe this time you’ll get it.

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
Let me make this simple, I’ll type slow so the libcarls can understand. Under Trump a lot of the federal regulations were relaxed, which lowers the cost of production. A lot of producers were profitable at $40/bbl oil, which lead to more rigs on the ground, which leads to more US production, which leads to energy independence. The ideal profitability point was probably closer to $60 or $65/bbl but you get the idea. We produced more under Trump.

Under president doodoo pants, he imposed a moratorium on federal lands, brings on more regulations, kills pipeline infrastructure plans, which drives up domestic production costs and makes us reliant on foreign oil. It’s really not that hard to understand, but then again we must also consider there are actually people who think president pedo is a good president.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 02:21 PM

DRILL BABY DRILL

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 02:22 PM

I understand what you said Ghost but what you said did not make the price of gas double.

When you say we produced more under Trump, yes, until it dropped in 2020. Since then, under Trump and under Biden its been climbing. If you look at a chart its climbing about the same speed.

You are being partisan and in kind dishonest. If you don't know look. The moratorium was off and on within 4 months of him taking office.
Oil has been climbing, rig counts have been climbing.
The only part that you said that makes sense is that the higher costs to produce and refine oil makes it harder for us to compete. Yes.
Trump removed a lot of environmental rules that were put back in and advanced by Biden. But again, that is not why gas has gone up. The make more money when prices are high so all the regulations do NOW is take a little off their record profits.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 02:23 PM

DRILL BABY DRILL

We were told the same things 10-15 years ago. "We can't drill our way out of this! We only have a 30 year world supply of oil! Peak oil. PEAK OIL!!!"

Then Trump was elected, energy-friendly policies were put in place, we discovered the largest untapped oil fields in history, the U.S. became energy independent, and gas went to $1.80 per gallon.

Of course we know the rest. The media and Democrats blamed covid on him 24/7, traitors to the U.S. like Whitmer in Michigan and Newsom in California shut down their states' economies even after many other states started re-opening, and Biden was put in office. The result has been predictable, only it wasn't just a prediction. He actually announced what he was going to do, then did it.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel

DRILL BABY DRILL

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 02:26 PM

The make more money when prices are high

If that is the case and oil companies' motivation, can you explain why they allowed the pump price of gas to be less than $2 in 2019? See, I chose 2019 because I don't want to hear any of the "prices were low just because of covid!" foolishness.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 02:31 PM

DRILL BABY DRILL

Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 02:35 PM

I understand what you said Ghost but what you said did not make the price of gas double.

When you say we produced more under Trump, yes, until it dropped in 2020. Since then, under Trump and under Biden its been climbing. If you look at a chart its climbing about the same speed.

You are being partisan and in kind dishonest. If you don't know look. The moratorium was off and on within 4 months of him taking office.
Oil has been climbing, rig counts have been climbing.
The only part that you said that makes sense is that the higher costs to produce and refine oil makes it harder for us to compete. Yes.
Trump removed a lot of environmental rules that were put back in and advanced by Biden. But again, that is not why gas has gone up. The make more money when prices are high so all the regulations do NOW is take a little off their record profits.

You’re truly lost. I’ve advised you many times to stop making yourself look like a complete fool, but at this point, I’m convinced you’re trying to look like a complete fool on purpose. Please keep posting, because we all need the laughs.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 03:35 PM

Allison, how about this….let the moron in charge tell the oil companies to drill their butts off and let’s see if the price will drop some. I have a second house down in South Texas, there isn’t that much drilling going on, definitely nothing like it was years ago. Even the towns down there are begging for more drilling to help their dump hole economies.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 04:26 PM

it's about to go from bad to worse

https://www.wnd.com/2022/06/massive-u-s-oil-refinery-track-shut-amid-fuel-shortages-record-prices/
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 04:37 PM

He was too busy trying to sort Walmart flyers to notice the tens of thousands of oilfield related layoffs weeks into Obamas 1st term. His 3rd term is even worse.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 04:43 PM

But again, that is not why gas has gone up. The make more money when prices are high so all the regulations do NOW is take a little off their record profits.

Let me ask again since you apparently "forgot" to respond the last time.

If oil companies' strategy is to keep pump prices high in order to make higher profits, and if that is largely to blame for what we are seeing now, why did they allow them to fall to less than $2.00 in 2019? 2019, as in a year before covid so you can't use that as an explanation for lower prices...

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 05:38 PM

Yes but this has nothing to do with EPA regulations or red tape from government to get rid of fossil fuels

We are real good at cutting our nose off despite our face

I can’t imagine Biden and his administration could do anymore or less to hurt us even if they were trying
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 06:04 PM

[Linked Image]

crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
[Linked Image]

crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

That can't be right. Was it just yesterday or the day before that Joe's press secretary was telling us all how great the economy is doing?

Up until now I guess middle class and poor folks could make a Dow Jones Industrial Average sandwich since they couldn't afford groceries, or shoot a little NASDAQ in their tanks to keep their vehicles going in lieu of $4.95 gas.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 06:34 PM

These days “stocks mixed” means some down, other way down. bang
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 06:36 PM

Not worried about the stocks.

Look at oil price! shocked
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Not worried about the stocks.

Look at oil price! shocked

you just like seeing grown men cry don't ya.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 06:44 PM

But again, that is not why gas has gone up. The make more money when prices are high so all the regulations do NOW is take a little off their record profits.

If oil companies' strategy is to keep pump prices high in order to make higher profits, and if that is largely to blame for what we are seeing now, why did they allow them to fall to less than $2.00 in 2019? 2019, as in a year before covid so you can't use that as an explanation for lower prices...

2019 was mostly the result of Russia and OPEC arguing about who should cut exports. They kept arguing about it till it tanked then came to an agreement. I think Trump may have been in on that.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 07:06 PM

2019 was mostly the result of Russia and OPEC arguing about who should cut exports. They kept arguing about it till it tanked then came to an agreement. I think Trump may have been in on that.

Allison you can blame trump for everything under the sun. he would have never been in on this, it went against everything he wanted to do. Yes he wanted lower gas prices but destroying the oil industry also destroys the great high paying jobs. he wanted a happy middle ground, were he kept the high paying jobs and got oil prices down where oil companies still wanted to drill
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 07:11 PM

Allison you can blame trump for everything under the sun. he would have never been in on this, it went against everything he wanted to do. Yes he wanted lower gas prices but destroying the oil industry also destroys the great high paying jobs. he wanted a happy middle ground, were he kept the high paying jobs and got oil prices down where oil companies still wanted to drill

Orange man bad.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 08:00 PM

I think you are saying he just made a mistake in 2019.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapie...s-under-presidents-bush-obama-and-trump/
Ok, an opinion that Trump did influence oil prices in 2019. It appears Trump let Iran keep pumping and conned Saudi Arabia to increase oil production which led to oil tanking around the world.

Here is a little perspective. I hope it helps. I do not believe the oil business is being destroyed nor that oil will go away any time in my or your life. That is nonsense. Oil may not be used for the same purposes but it has many chemicals that can't be easily replaced.
I do believe there is a shift from oil that is just beginning to renewables. With every shift comes change. With every change comes new jobs as others go away.
In the technology world, nothing demonstrates that more than the computer and the internet.
Rooms of data entry work was replaced by a single computer. Checking that used to be done by hand is now automated. You probably have time and money saving technology in the oilfield that saved money and cost someone a job.

Razorback, gas prices never fell below $2 in 2019, nationally. I mistook what you said to mean 2020 when oil went negative and gas prices fell along with it to well below two bucks. That is when Trump helped by talking to OPEC and getting them to reduce their exports.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 08:53 PM

So now we hear that Presidents can affect gas prices.

All the flip flopping has me feeling like I'm watching a tennis match.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 09:21 PM

Razorback, gas prices never fell below $2 in 2019, nationally. I mistook what you said to mean 2020 when oil went negative and gas prices fell along with it to well below two bucks. That is when Trump helped by talking to OPEC and getting them to reduce their exports.

I never said nationally, but as the article I posted a couple of days ago stated the average price of unleaded in Texas in January of 2019 was $1.93. In some cities it was $1.80. Last night I drove past more than one station in Tyler where it was $4.59.

Now that we have the technicality out of the way, if oil companies love having gas at $4.59 IN TEXAS because it increases profits, why would they have produced and refined enough for it to be $1.93 IN TEXAS in 2019?

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 09:32 PM

I never said nationally, but as the article I posted a couple of days ago stated the average price of unleaded in Texas in January of 2019 was $1.93. In some cities it was $1.80. Last night I drove past more than one station in Tyler where it was $4.59.

Now that we have the technicality out of the way, if oil companies love having gas at $4.59 IN TEXAS because it increases profits, why would they have produced and refined enough for it to be $1.93 IN TEXAS in 2019?

I do not know that they did anything to make prices drop. As I posted above, Trump asked/conned the Saudi's to up oil exports and allowed Iran to keep exporting which made oil prices tank, according to the article I posted above.

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 09:41 PM

I do not know that they did anything to make prices drop. As I posted above, Trump asked/conned the Saudi's to up oil exports and allowed Iran to keep exporting which made oil prices tank, according to the article I posted above.

So when Biden is President oil companies are able to control the price of fuel, and push it upward so they can make more profits. Biden has nothing to do with the increase.

But again, that is not why gas has gone up. The(y) make more money when prices are high so all the regulations do NOW is take a little off their record profits.

But when Trump was President oil companies didn't artificially inflate prices to increase prices. In fact they couldn't because Trump "conned" the Saudis into upping oil exports to get the price lower. In other words, Trump was able to affect the price of fuel when he was President, but Biden can't.

Do you even get tired of twisting yourself into a pretzel making contradictory arguments to support this destructive regime, arguments so see through and flimsy that a small child could pick them apart?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 10:05 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/08/22 10:35 PM

1So when Biden is President oil companies are able to control the price of fuel, and push it upward so they can make more profits. 2Biden has nothing to do with the increase.

But again, that is not why gas has gone up. The(y) make more money when prices are high so all the regulations do NOW is take a little off their record profits.

3But when Trump was President oil companies didn't artificially inflate prices to increase prices. 4In fact they couldn't because Trump "conned" the Saudis into upping oil exports to get the price lower. 5In other words, Trump was able to affect the price of fuel when he was President, but Biden can't.

Do you even get tired of twisting yourself into a pretzel making contradictory arguments to support this destructive regime, arguments so see through and flimsy that a small child could pick them apart?

1)Oil companies can't control oil. Why do you say that? If they could it would always be $200, or $500. That is silly. They are taking advantage of high prices and not shooting themselves in the foot by increasing production.
2)Biden has some impact, but not near as much as you guys have tried to infer. The XL, ha ha. Rigs dropping, nope. Production dropping or killed it, its going up.
The thing I can agree with is that his EPA regulations has a slight impact on production costs in the US which can influence some drilling.
3)Oil companies are not now nor do they really have much power to artificially inflate prices. At least not the amount they are right now and now its not artificial.
4)No, I believe all three of us believe that Trump made a mistake in convincing Saudi to raise exports in 2019.
Me, 921 and the article I posted about it seem to all concur.
5)Trump affected prices by convincing Saudi to increase exports and allowed Iran to continue to export oil when the oil supply was already high, which sent oil prices diving. Biden has asked OPEC to export more but they did not react to him. So no he could not do it. If Biden had convinced them to export more it would have had a positive affect on oil prices, I believe.

Biden, nor Trump can affect the oil supply as much as you guys keep inferring. Stay in the lane and talk about the details and it makes sense.
Or, why did oil rise as fast under Obama as it did under Trump? Simple supply and demand.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Who's laughing now - 06/09/22 01:07 PM

I wouldn't say I'm laughing... Left Tennessee with a full tank I paid $4.09 for... Got to Cincinnati (still had a half tank) and gas was $4.79 last Friday... Fast forward to yesterday and gas has junped to $5.09 so with still about quarter tank showing I decided to hit Costco to fill up in all the craziness... At $4.99 a gallon it cost me $198.58 to fill up, at least they upped the credit card limit so I only had to swipe the card once.... That 48 gallon tank is both a blessing and a curse... Thanks 0l' Joe... bang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum