Texas Fishing Forum

I vote for Tyler!!!

Posted By: Rescue Fire

I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 12:56 AM

As the most annoying city in the USA to try and traverse! I think you can drive from Cleburne to Frisco faster than you can get from N Tyler to the city limits of the Southern Tyler border.

Las Vegas is a close second.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 01:14 AM

You sir are correct! The loop is over crowded and very slow. The toll road is very dangerous and in terrible shape the last time I was on it.
My daughter lives in Tyler and my brother lives on the east side of Lake Palestine. I have learned to drive thru down town and it makes it a little bit easier and there are some nice older homes to look at.
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 01:16 AM

DANG IT!!! I forgot about the toll road. I may have to revamp my earlier statement.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 01:42 AM

My son just built a new house of the Old Jacksonville Road behind the Fresh grocery store, after living in Dallas for the last 20 years. He just smiles when he hears Tyler folks complain about traffic.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
You sir are correct! The loop is over crowded and very slow. The toll road is very dangerous and in terrible shape the last time I was on it.
My daughter lives in Tyler and my brother lives on the east side of Lake Palestine. I have learned to drive thru down town and it makes it a little bit easier and there are some nice older homes to look at.

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit

I drive on the Tyler 49 toll road at least twice a week and it is a very pleasant drive, in fantastic condition, and hardly dangerous.....check it out again pardner!
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:16 AM

I'd like to nominate Oklahoma city.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:27 AM

Tylerites are great at jacking up I-20 as well. On ramp parking, left lane camping sobs
Posted By: Allison1

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:35 AM

You small town folk are cute.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:40 AM

610 houston anytime
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Allison1
You small town folk are cute.

Estimated 105k in Tyler city limits. Hardly small town, Clavin.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
As the most annoying city in the USA to try and traverse! I think you can drive from Cleburne to Frisco faster than you can get from N Tyler to the city limits of the Southern Tyler border.

Las Vegas is a close second.

Tyler is a very poorly planned out town for sure. Beautiful areas in it though. Just remember your not in the metromess and try and be happy
Posted By: patriot07

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 04:37 AM

Tyler traffic is awful.
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 12:20 PM

You city slickers stay away from ETx
Posted By: hopalong

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 12:25 PM

I tend to get really peaved here in fannin county when a dang john deere is on the highway, it is always when the double yellow line is there too!!!!!

grin
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 12:35 PM

I’ve only been to Tyler once, other then blowing thru on I20, I plan to keep it that way
Posted By: Trickster

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills

10-4
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Trickster
Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills

10-4

thanks
Posted By: Mo

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 01:37 PM

Tyler traffic is all about time of day. We try very hard not to be on Broadway or loop 323 around noon or after 4 pm. Morning traffic is never a problem for
us as we never leave the lake during morning rush hour.
We know all the back roads to get where we want to go. All that said, we only to to Tyler 3-4 times a month.

I wish they had waited on Loop 49 until they could have built 4 divided road the whole route. Also , IMHO it should be called a spur or half loop.
Only goes from 1 20 to hiway 110. There have been lots of accidents, we call it the loop of death. It is safe if you practice situational awareness,
watch out for the crazies speeding and texting.

MO
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 01:38 PM

fishmagnet
I drive on the Tyler 49 toll road at least twice a week and it is a very pleasant drive, in fantastic condition, and hardly dangerous.....check it out again pardner!

They must have done lots of repairs since I was on it the last time. The stretch from I-20 south to 155 used to be full of pot holes and wash outs. Watching the channel 7 news there were lots of deadly accidents. I will check with my brother and see if he has been on it lately.
If it's been fixed, that would be fantastic.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 01:40 PM

I’ve never had a problem with commuting around Tyler. Tyler is a great town and area.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:29 PM

Tyler may be bad traffic wise. But I will take a year driving there over an hour of the metro mess.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 02:41 PM

When I lived in Nacogdoches and regularly drove to the Metroplex my motto was to avoid Tyler at all costs. There are stop lights on the "regular" loop, Loop 323. Can you imagine red lights on 635? I would take 259 north to Kilgore and hit I-20 there.

It was bad enough before the medians forcing endless U-turns were installed. The reason given was that turn lanes were too dangerous. I have lived here 25 years and I don't recall seeing the mayhem in turn lanes we were led to believe was occurring. Besides, who thinks U-turns are safer than anything else?

A new engineer and city plan were going to recalibrate red lights to make traffic flow more smoothly. Negative on that so far.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: I vote for Tyler!!! - 06/07/22 04:53 PM

other than Christmas shopping season, I've never had an issue with Tyler traffic....

Canton on First Monday weekend is an arsewhoopin.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum