Texas Fishing Forum

Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy"

Posted By: beartrap

Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 12:54 PM

[Linked Image]

doves swarming above a waterhole,Tucuman Province,northwest Argentina....you can see the birdboy's head above the blind next to the trees...I had taken a break from shooting and got out of the blind to take this picture...the birds entering and leaving the waterhole resembled a small tornado at the edge of the water and I wish I had taken a video of it....
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 01:38 PM

Awesome! coolphotos
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 02:38 PM

and the sky turned dark as night as the flocks flew from their roost .....
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 02:40 PM

freakin awesome !
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 03:24 PM

That is a lot of Dove! thumb
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 03:38 PM

thumb
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 03:49 PM

Wow!
Posted By: flashman252

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 06:13 PM

How much ammo did you go through, and how sore were you after this trip?
Posted By: Papa Stan

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 06:59 PM

thumb
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by flashman252

For years I usually shot a case (500 shells) in the morning and another case in the afternoon..I've slowed down to about 300 shells morning and 300 afternoon now......I never have had a sore shoulder but I shoot a 20 gauge Beretta auto or 28 gauge over/under and neither has much recoil....
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 07:19 PM

Tag a friend who still would not fill his bag limit...
Posted By: flashman252

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
Originally Posted by flashman252

For years I usually shot a case (500 shells) in the morning and another case in the afternoon..I've slowed down to about 300 shells morning and 300 afternoon now......I never have had a sore shoulder but I shoot a 20 gauge Beretta auto or 28 gauge over/under and neither has much recoil....

Always been a bucket list thing to do for me. I have hunted pigeons around local dairies that were overrun. Started when I was 18 and found a dairy that was close and when I asked permission, the owner just laughed at me and said there was no way I'd ever have enough ammo to keep up. Well 5 years later, on that dairy, and about 25,000 pigeons down (not only me, we had some real crazy outings with like 6-8 guns some mornings) that dairy really saw a huge decrease in numbers. I really do not do it much anymore but I always wondered how Argentina would stack up against overrun pigeons on dairies. That old man was beyond grateful anytime he saw us show up and told us at one point he was losing a cow a month to the amount of pigeon poop in the feed. There towards the end before the old man shut down the dairy, he said he was losing a cow every 4-8 months to the pigeon poop. Still in my mind, bet there still is no comparison to Argentina doves.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Day #739 picture...."spot the critter shooter's birdboy" - 05/29/22 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by RayBob
freakin awesome !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum