Texas Fishing Forum

Nick Saban

Posted By: HasBen

Nick Saban - 05/19/22 12:16 PM

Looks like Saban is stoking the fires. Should be an interesting game in early October. Is he right or just jealous that Jimbo figured out the rules before he did?

“We were second in recruiting last year. A&M was first,” Saban said according to an Al.com report. “A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image, and likeness.”

https://www.texasfootball.com/artic...W1Qt6ahmRJaNUOdfBWU75S5kSqEsXlrw7NvpmRmg
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 12:23 PM

Welcome to the new college football world Nick. People and organizations who can't evolve with changes tend to be irrelevant quickly. NIL isn't going anywhere now that pandoras box has been opened. Alabama would be lying to say they are not benefiting from it as well.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 12:43 PM

Didn't he brag last year about the Qb signing a million dollar deal???... Dan

https://theathletic.com/news/nick-s...seven-figures-in-nil-deals/bxUbIpB0uPdX/
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 12:44 PM

Dang, Saban is a crybaby, and I am NOT even remotely an aTm fan, I just can’t stand Nicky
Posted By: RO519

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot7Six
Welcome to the new college football world Nick. People and organizations who can't evolve with changes tend to be irrelevant quickly. NIL isn't going anywhere now that pandoras box has been opened. Alabama would be lying to say they are not benefiting from it as well.

This. Saban (and everyone else) has been doing it behind the scenes for years. Now its legal for everyone to do it and we are seeing which fan bases have the deepest pockets and want it bad enough...
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 03:14 PM

If you want to make it about money TAMU will play that game all day, so will the sips. The horse is out of the barn and you better get running
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 03:16 PM

hopefully Nick Satan will choke on a sandwich and croak

he's done so much bad for the kids and sport and has always been a cheat and operating in gray areas
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 03:26 PM

#1 recruiting class and will still avg 4-5 losses a year every year.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 03:40 PM

Saban = GOAT
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 04:01 PM

We're headed to having around 10-15 major universities that all of the big money is funneled into. And then there is everyone else.
Next big move will be the universities to recruit big spenders from other universities. That will be interesting.

And of course while all of this is going on and billions of dollars will be tossed around like nothing, tuition cost will increase 2,000% and a bachelors degree will cost an average of a million dollars so that after graduation you can get a job making $30k a year and live below the poverty line.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
If you want to make it about money TAMU will play that game all day, so will the sips. The horse is out of the barn and you better get running

This is true I think Texas and aTm sponsors or boosters will spend money I think the rest will have to do the same thing.
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 04:26 PM

I got to meet John David Crow through my ex-father-in-law when Mr. Crow was the AD. We sat in a local College Station golf course's locker room when talk turned to monies in college sports and the crazy rivalry between tamu and Texas. Mr. Crow said that when talk of a new arena for tamu was brought up to the Board of Regents, he said one member said that he was all for it if the arena held one more seat than the Erwin Center.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 04:35 PM

I don't see how anyone who has loved college sports over the years can like where this is headed. Universities will have mercenaries who sign for the top dollar and then move on to the next bigger and better deal. When I go to the University of Arkansas I can see the name of my boyhood football idol chiseled in the sidewalk as president of his senior class. He was an Academic All-American as well as the leading scorer in SWC history at the time of his graduation. If any of these guys graduate, which is unlikely, what will be carved by their names? Dollar signs?
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 04:40 PM

Nick Saban just keeps on winning, he is the Goat, he just keeps adapting and keeps on winning
I love to hate him
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 04:44 PM

Dude contradicts himself in every other sound byte- I am king and you are peasants mentality. Huge ego.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 05:16 PM

everything he does is calculated, including this

Jimbo had some good comments in return

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 07:05 PM

October 8 is going to be interesting, I'll say that much.
Posted By: iron_horn

Re: Nick Saban - 05/19/22 08:13 PM

This was not about aggy. This was saban telling boosters/alumni to get off their pocketbooks to keep
the bama machine rolling along.
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: Nick Saban - 05/20/22 01:28 PM

https://youtu.be/d6DMS2wEPvw

Good one !
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Nick Saban - 05/20/22 01:40 PM

Personally, left as it is, I believe NIL and the transfer portal will most likely destroy college football as we know it. I hate that it will happen, but I believe it will be fun to watch. I think the Saban vs Jimbo lovers spat to be the beginning of some big things.
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Nick Saban - 05/20/22 01:57 PM

Since college players are getting paid now, isn’t this now profootball? Just a different league.
Posted By: gregpaul

Re: Nick Saban - 05/20/22 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
hopefully Nick Satan will choke on a sandwich and croak

he's done so much bad for the kids and sport and has always been a cheat and operating in gray areas

How so?
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Nick Saban - 05/20/22 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

This and the horns, doesn’t matter who they bring in, their ceiling is 9-3. More likely 7-5 or 8-4
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Nick Saban - 05/20/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by iron_horn
This was not about aggy. This was saban telling boosters/alumni to get off their pocketbooks to keep
the bama machine rolling along.

I believe this to be the correct interpretation of Saban's comments.

Re: Nick Saban - 05/20/22 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

This and the horns, doesn’t matter who they bring in, their ceiling is 9-3. More likely 7-5 or 8-4

I think this season 10-2 is what should be expected or 9-3 at worst. The following 3 seasons should all be 12-0 or 11-1. No excuses with how he has recruited.

Edit to say I am talking about A&M. The horns will be 7-5 at best this season and next. Then they will get curb stomped by the SEC when they make the move over.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum