Texas Fishing Forum

PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic

Posted By: Mo

PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 02:39 PM

For all you old , bald headed folks , put sunscreen on the top of your head, don't let this happen to you.

[Linked Image]

Mo
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 02:46 PM

damn.....did they get it all ?
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 02:52 PM

My Grandpa died from asbestos last year, it took seven month to cremate him......
Posted By: Holzer

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 03:14 PM

Nasty stuff
What you see on the outside of the skin is just the very top tip. The real damage is down below.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 03:20 PM

I go to the dermatologist once a year to get checked from head to toe.

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
damn.....did they get it all ?

Yes sir , got it all on first pass, They took a slice almost the size of a 50 cent piece. It sure made for a tight scalp when they
closed it up , I think I got a minor face lift out of the deal.

MO
Posted By: T Bird

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I go to the dermatologist once a year to get checked from head to toe.

Same here after having carcinoma removed from my back 4 years ago.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 03:39 PM

been there a couple of times --- it's all part of my " white privilege " .
Doesn't look like they performed it as a MOHS surgery ? Looks like they just went full on attack .
Posted By: Hookem

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 04:02 PM

Pa had that. Silver dollar sized they cut out. Then they did radiation soon afterward and the area never healed properly after that. Still had a Band-Aid on it when he passed a few years later(not from cancer but old age).

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
Doesn't look like they performed it as a MOHS surgery ? Looks like they just went full on attack .

It was schedules as MOHS. The Dr said leaving it open to heal from the sides was a possibility, Evidently they decided to close it .
I would like to see how they close a round hole that size. Looks like they made a bigger " S" shaped incision , then sewed
every thing up tight.

MO
Posted By: hopalong

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mo
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

It was schedules as MOHS. The Dr said leaving it open to heal from the sides was a possibility, Evidently they decided to close it .
I would like to see how they close a round hole that size. Looks like they made a bigger " S" shaped incision , then sewed
every thing up tight.

MO

Mine was about 3" across, no way to c [Linked Image]
lose it. Now a large dent.
Glad they got it for ya while it was that small.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 05:06 PM

Not just your head you need to protect.

My left ear:

[Linked Image]

My right cheek:

[Linked Image]

And a couple of spots near my collarbones:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 05:07 PM

I couldn't tell you how many times I've been severly sunburned in my life. note to self, put sunscreen on the ears.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 05:10 PM

Had a large Basil Cell cut off my arm and a Squamous Cell cut off my neck a few years ago. Now I go to the dermatologist for an exam once a year. They always find some pre-cancerous to freeze off, especially on/around my ears. Now I always wear long sleeve shirts and long pants and a good hat when I'm out on the lake.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 05:13 PM

Damn...some of you should connect with sunscreen MFGrs and sell your story. Perfect example of why you use sun screen or protective UV clothing / gaitors.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 06:11 PM

A friend of mine works in the sun and has had those removed about 2-3 times every year. He is about 2 years from retirement.
He had a chance to work indoors about 20 years ago but opted to keep his delivery job. I'll never understand that decision.

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 09:56 PM

this was mine, like said, no way to close this one. up to 38 or 39 divets and scars from stitches, cancer sucks!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tommar

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 09:58 PM

Anyone have pics from before they cut it to show us?

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 10:05 PM

So hop, what was your procedure?

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 10:42 PM

not the head. lol

had a massive abscess on butt, 3 days of constipation about 10 days ago got some glands infected. see other thread for the rest of the story

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tommar
Anyone have pics from before they cut it to show us?

top of my head was a dark brown, almost black, va caught it while I was in dallas for a different problem but cut it the same day.

all my others have been light to med brown, hard crusty to the touch and much smaller.

too many yrs. of working in the sun even with hats on.

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/10/22 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

not the head. lol

had a massive abscess on butt, 3 days of constipation about 10 days ago got some glands infected. see other thread for the rest of the story

Prayers up brother!
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: PSA basal cell carcinoma , warning graphic pic - 05/11/22 04:29 AM

I have had two basal cell cancers removed , one by MOHS on my right temple the other by using Chemo ( Efudex ) on my left forearm . I despise having to visit my derm Dr . Been going at least once a year , sometime twice a year for 20 years . Here's some stuff I have learned .
1) physical sunscreens ( VS Chemical based ) that can help rebuild some of the skin itself are worth every penny ( I use Replenix --- but there are several really good ones around the price )
2) Some of the new DNA creams can really help stop the AK's from generating and stop those from turning into Sqaumos or basal cell carcinoma ( I used Neova ---$100 ounce , use carefully )
3) Using Niacinimide as a supplement can reduce the generation of AK's ( original studies came out of Australia ) ( can cause dizziness in some people )
4) get rid of your AK's every year , 3-5% of AK's will turn into Sqaumos or basal cell if left unattended for long periods
5) reducing your sugar intake and HFC intake reduces your inflammation and will also reduce your skin's AK levels

I never work outside without a long sleeve sunshirt and high quality physical sunscreen on , I never go fishing without my Simms UV buff
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum