Texas Fishing Forum

No fly in Ukraine?

Posted By: Spiderman

No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:23 AM

US Politicians are talking about NATO establishing a no fly zone in Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-americans-broadly-support-ukraine-no-fly-zone-russia-oil-ban-poll-2022-03-04/?taid=6222a48718c5730001d48d5d&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter&utm_source=reddit.com
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:30 AM

Not going to happen! Neither will the US stop buying oil from thugs.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:30 AM

Wonder how it will be enforced
Posted By: TR176

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by JCBYEN

They will if they can replace it with oil from Iran.
Posted By: TR176

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderman
US Politicians are talking about NATO establishing a no fly zone in Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-americans-broadly-support-ukraine-no-fly-zone-russia-oil-ban-poll-2022-03-04/?taid=6222a48718c5730001d48d5d&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter&utm_source=reddit.com

Noooo! Please
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by TR176
Originally Posted by JCBYEN

They will if they can replace it with oil from Iran.

Iran = Thugs
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 04:47 AM

Shouldn't be NATO, it should be the UN that steps up. Bet we all know that involves the same forces for the most part. I have my UN ribbon from an operation while I was in the Air Force.
Posted By: Canino

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Shouldn't be NATO, it should be the UN that steps up.

Russia is a permanent member of the UN Security Council, meaning they have veto power on any and all peacekeeping resolutions. It will be impossible for the UN to do anything.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 11:53 AM

I don't want the US to go to war with Russia Putin. He's unstable, and war with him could easily escalate into armageddon.

But, everyone should realize that he won't stop after he beats down Ukraine. Possibly Moldova (once part of the USSR that Putin wants to rebuild) and Belarus (also a form USSR state and current military buddy of Russia) would be next because of their former ties to Putin's country. Then he will go for Poland, Finland, Sweden, Austria, Serbia, etc. At that point Europe will be forced, by NATO agreements, to fight him and we will get pulled in as well.

Somebody is going to have to stand up and punch this bully in the mouth. Right now, that should be the European countries. But sooner or later we will be forced to get in the fight.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 01:37 PM

Starve him out and turn the people against him.
They can see what is happening. They just need incentive.

Putin is cutting off social media in Russia in an attempt to keep it from them but its not like it was 40 years ago.

The more he tries the worse it gets for him if we stay with the sanctions. The more the better.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 01:43 PM

EU created problem. We'll bail them out again.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

How so? Putin. or his representative in the UN, placed the vast majority of the blame on us and our support for Ukraine.

We have been invested in Ukraine for decades. Now America should abandon them?
How isolationist of you. Abandonment is another word that describes us staying out of it.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:29 PM

No,they didn’t!
Putin created the problem.
This former KGB goon is obsessed with re creating the former USSR

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:30 PM

NATO has no standing to do that

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Canino

Russia is a permanent member of the UN Security Council, meaning they have veto power on any and all peacekeeping resolutions. It will be impossible for the UN to do anything.

There is a move to kick them off. There should be a UN rule that any country that is the aggressor loses their veto authority. This is the type of situation that the UN was created for.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1

How so? Putin. or his representative in the UN, placed the vast majority of the blame on us and our support for Ukraine.

We The bidens, the Clintons, the Kerry's, and the Romneys, have been invested in Ukraine for decades. Now America should abandon them?
How isolationist of you. Abandonment is another word that describes us staying out of it.

FIFY. I have never been invested in Ukraine. Have you?

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Canino

There is a move to kick them off. There should be a UN rule that any country that is the aggressor loses their veto authority. This is the type of situation that the UN was created for.

In a special session the other night at the UN, the Ukraine ambassador ended his speech by asking if any of countries assembled had ever voted to allow the Russian Federation to join the UN.
He then recited the UN rules and the date Russia joined. Then he asked for people to raise their hands if their country had voted to include Russia. Nobody did.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 02:42 PM

We have been invested in Ukraine for decades. Now America should abandon them?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 03:01 PM

I don't see how that's possible without the US directly engaging with Russia. That leads to far more dead people by many orders of magnitude.

As soon as someone tells us how we can get more involved without causing a nuclear war I'm sure we'll be the first to step up.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 03:11 PM

Love the warmongering sending other people's kids to fight for a corrupt nation.

The EU is a Russian energy dependent gaggle of clowns dragging us into another war created by their weakness.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 03:41 PM

Oops

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 03:43 PM

first one of our war planes that enter ukraine airspace and it goes nuclear within mins.

putzin is just goading the world into stepping in to help so he can "reclaim mother russia" while also making the planet glow in the dark and it would be real dark for a long long time.

he has lost his last cognitive brain cell as it is, why not go out with a bang, a really big bang. I really think from his threats it's "if I can't have it then no one can have it".

he knows he is dead if he ever leaves russia headed west, he and xi are what the real problem is, they combine and we have a bad problem.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 03:50 PM

U.S. intel/action asleep at the wheel once again. The Russian border build up along Ukraine has been going on since Nov. 2021.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
U.S. intel/action asleep at the wheel once again. The Russian border build up along Ukraine has been going on since Nov. 2021.

You think we didn't know about it from day one? What do you propose we do about it exactly? The only thing we could have done was be the first to speak, and threated Russia with a first strike if they did it. Would we actually have followed through on that ending the world? I think not.

Anyway, that's what Trump says he would have done. It's crazy this video even exists, but here we have it. A former president telling a drunk John Daly over the phone he threated to flatten Moscow.

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdAHAsHV/

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis

As a citizen of the USA, yes.
So did Trump. You probably just missed it.

Every year the USA gives money to Ukraine with the expressed purpose of assisting them since Russia occupied Crimea in 2014.

Fact is before Trump it was all non lethal aid.
Trump upped the ante to give them weapons.

Now it appears that those who like Trump are in denial about our roll in the country.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 04:12 PM

Every year the USA gives money to Ukraine with the expressed purpose of assisting them in a war since Russia occupied Crimea in 2014.

Hilarious. It was your leader Resident biden, who gave them money, quid pro quo, and bragged about it.

Posted By: WAWI

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 04:13 PM

I think the test is gonna be which one is next. Ukraine is a done deal, just depends on time frame. Will he test a country like Hungary, or another nato member that's a former member of USSR and how far is the NATO alliance prepared to back pedal to avoid ww3?. He is gonna test the lines in the sand for sure.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 04:13 PM

Every year the USA gives money to Ukraine with the expressed purpose of assisting them since Russia occupied Crimea in 2014.

Fact is before Trump it was all non lethal aid.
Trump upped the ante to give them weapons.

Now it appears that those who like Trump are in denial about our roll in the country.

* role, express

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 04:32 PM

What is our role (thank you Bob) in Ukraine?

Direct military aid, yes IMO, since there are countries all around the world contributing I believe we should too.
Sanctions, affirmative.

If we are discussing sending troops, no. Not now anyway and not unless NATO authorizes it which is unlikely anytime soon.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 04:37 PM

Every year the USA gives money to Ukraine with the expressed purpose of assisting them in a war since Russia occupied Crimea in 2014.

Hilarious. It was your leader Resident biden, who gave them money, quid pro quo, and bragged about it.

Funny that you mention quid pro quo.
Remember the phone call?

One person did it and was elected president after it was found out.
The other was impeached and then lost the next election after it was found out.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 05:01 PM

Funny that you mention quid pro quo.
Remember the phone call?

One person did it and was elected president after it was found out.
The other was impeached and then lost the next election after it was found out.

One was impeached by fraudulent claims of quid pro quo, and impeachment(s) failed accordingly. False Russian collusion. 4 years of taxpayer money wasted on the efforts. Imagine the salaries and other costs of that team of shifty shiff and humpty dumpty who lied under oath. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

One committed actual quid pro quo, by definition, on tape as hard evidence, and was never held to task. Yet goes on to fraudulently win an election and implanted in the Oval office. Now, open your wallet and enjoy the highest inflation since Jimmah Cahtuh.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I think the test is gonna be which one is next. Ukraine is a done deal, just depends on time frame. Will he test a country like Hungary, or another nato member that's a former member of USSR and how far is the NATO alliance prepared to back pedal to avoid ww3?. He is gonna test the lines in the sand for sure.

Per what he has said, he want's to go into and occupy every country to "protect" Russian speaking people. Plus if you have ever played RISK the next invasions are clear. Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. That would give him a complete Russian front that is easier to deploy forces. All 3 are NATO countries with Russian speaking populations, so that would start WW3 with NATO's Article 5 kicking in.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 06:14 PM

Per what he has said, he want's to go into and occupy every country to "protect" Russian speaking people. Plus if you have ever played RISK the next invasions are clear. Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. That would give him a complete Russian front that is easier to deploy forces. All 3 are NATO countries with Russian speaking populations, so that would start WW3 with NATO's Article 5 kicking in.

So we won't go to war over ukraine but Latvia we would? I dont believe this and I think he is gonna test the concept. I think he will give NATO the middle finger and dare them. I suspect he will win the game of chicken.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 06:16 PM

So we won't go to war over ukraine but Latvia we would? I dont believe this and I think he is gonna test the concept. I think he will give NATO the middle finger and dare them. I suspect he will win the game of chicken.

Ukraine isn't in NATO. Article 5 of NATO states that an attack on one is an attack on all. We don't have a treaty or alliance obligation to Ukraine, but we do with every NATO member.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 06:25 PM

I completely understand that. I think Putin wants to break NATO back and will test article 5.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider
I don't want the US to go to war with Russia Putin. He's unstable, and war with him could easily escalate into armageddon.

But, everyone should realize that he won't stop after he beats down Ukraine. Possibly Moldova (once part of the USSR that Putin wants to rebuild) and Belarus (also a form USSR state and current military buddy of Russia) would be next because of their former ties to Putin's country. Then he will go for Poland, Finland, Sweden, Austria, Serbia, etc. At that point Europe will be forced, by NATO agreements, to fight him and we will get pulled in as well.

Somebody is going to have to stand up and punch this bully in the mouth. Right now, that should be the European countries. But sooner or later we will be forced to get in the fight.
m
Bully’s don’t have nuclear weapons . So bold talk gets us nowhere it’s more of a civil war we should stay out of it.
There is no need for our sons to die for a problem created by joe Biden and his like. Also the Republican hawks should shut up as well did we not learn anything in Afghanistan?
J. D
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 06:51 PM

Most Americans are not gonna support war with Russia.
Remember Afghanistan?
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 07:03 PM

According to the Russian invasion maps posted on Google Moldova will be next.

Not part of NATO and just like Ukraine.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46

Remember Afghanistan?

Really? 74% of Americans polled in a recent poll support the USA doing a No Fly Zone, which would put us in the war with Russia.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 07:05 PM

Starve him out and turn the people against him.
They can see what is happening. They just need incentive.

Putin is cutting off social media in Russia in an attempt to keep it from them but its not like it was 40 years ago.

The more he tries the worse it gets for him if we stay with the sanctions. The more the better.

totally agree , turn his own people against him . The Oligarchs are losing money big time and to a degree they own Putin .
Besides , there are some really good video's being posted today of Russian jets and helicopters being shot out of the sky . One of them is a pilot that appears in a photo opp during the Syrian operations with Putin and Assad .

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46

Remember Afghanistan?

with putin in charge a war with russia would last about an hr. then nothing matters any more.
I don't doubt for a second that putin would use nukes, dude is off his meds and does not care about anything or anyone beyond himself right now, as far as he is concerned he is living the dream.
we are both in a heightened state of readiness, all it takes on either side now is authorization.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/05/22 07:12 PM

Just proves one man can change the World. And the rest of us suffers.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/06/22 03:26 AM

If he does all NATO countries will join the fight and whip his azz
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/06/22 03:43 AM

Anyone ever here of an emp? Russia needs 3 bombs to turn out all our lights. We arent holding the cards to go to war with Russia and there isnt even a good reason.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/06/22 11:24 AM

All we need now is a Colin Powell to convince us Russia has WMDs and we have to fight them there so we don't have to fight them here.. We'll be all in for WWIII. War drums are beating and a majority are dancing to the beat...just a matter of time and the right news story.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/06/22 02:36 PM

Is no fly possible without Russia engaging any other country outside Ukraine?
That would be a biggy and a mistake by Russia but as we know, two super powers going at it full bore means nuclear weapons.

If Russia stayed in Ukraine it would be a no brainer but I do not think it would stay in Ukraine if NATO tried to enforce a no fly zone in Ukraine.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/06/22 02:47 PM

I should start another thread on this point.
Do you know the implications if Russia gains control over Ukraine? It would be a huge plus for Russia to control Ukraine and its access to the Black Sea.

Before they took Crimea Russia's port in the Black Sea was on the east bank, far away from the Mediterranean Sea of any country. When they took Crimea, they now have access to the largest deep water port in the Black Sea and its easy access to the Mediterranean Sea.
By taking Crimea, they have control of both sides of the Kerch Straits which is a big win for Russian trade.

Re: No fly in Ukraine? - 03/06/22 02:49 PM

Is no fly possible without Russia engaging any other country outside Ukraine?
That would be a biggy and a mistake by Russia but as we know, two super powers going at it full bore means nuclear weapons.

If Russia stayed in Ukraine it would be a no brainer but I do not think it would stay in Ukraine if NATO tried to enforce a no fly zone in Ukraine.

I should start another thread on this point.
Do you know the implications if Russia gains control over Ukraine? It would be a huge plus for Russia to control Ukraine and its access to the Black Sea.

Before they took Crimea Russia's port in the Black Sea was on the east bank, far away from the Mediterranean Sea of any country. When they took Crimea, they now have access to the largest deep water port in the Black Sea and its easy access to the Mediterranean Sea.
By taking Crimea, they have control of both sides of the Kerch Straits which is a big win for Russian trade.

dude, you hittin the hooch early today aren't ya?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum