Texas Fishing Forum

Covid Yes or No

Posted By: Douglas J

Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:06 AM

Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:09 AM

I had the real deal Delta 1 and a half years ago. Minor symptoms.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:11 AM

Unsure, no test. Poll fail.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Curt0407

I don't think Delta was around that long ago. I may be wrong.
Posted By: CKINCAID

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:22 AM

Yes, lost smell,taste,body aches couple days,worked(solo in my own van) played golf(paid over phone),whole family had it same time. Binax at home test. No vaxxers here
Posted By: Tneel

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:23 AM

Had it had it with very mild systems even though I was vaccinated.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:24 AM

never. been tested a handful of times in preparation for seeing relatives

vaccinated and boosted. got the vaccine the first february it was available
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

First outbreak of Delta was in India in December 2020, first case in the USA was Jan 18, 2021.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:31 AM

Had same runny nose/chest congestion three times……tested positive once,negative twice….vaccinated plus booster and monochromatic infusion….
I question test accuracy….very mild symptoms all three times
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:31 AM

You are right. I had whatever the 1st version was. Thought is was Delta.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:32 AM

Maybe, don't care
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:34 AM

If I did it was very minor, I haven’t felt sick at all. Old yes, sick no
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:36 AM

No knowledge of having ever had it, have been charting body temp, resting heart rate & daily symptoms or lack thereof since 03/01/2020.

Nada . . . . Nicht . . . . Nothing.

Double Pfizer with a booster just before starting this latest employment 11/02/2021.

I refuse to wear a mask.

Best . . . . . .
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:37 AM

I caught it in December 2020, the first three days were fine then the next 10 were like the flu. I lost my taste and smell, I still think my taste hasn’t all come back.
I’ve not had any of the varieties since.
I did get the first shot and it made me feel like [censored] for 4 days. I’ve not nor will I get anymore of them. My doctor recommends that if it made me that sick just don’t take another one to get sick again. That made sense to me. Don’t get a shot to get sick.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:42 AM

Wow... Possibly the the first time I've ever seen this on the forum. Someone admitted they were wrong and moved on with life. I feel like this moment should be preserved into perpetuity as a shining example of how life could be on the forum... You know for the yutes of tomorrow.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:45 AM

This poll should be mandatory with polygraph so we all know which posts are safe to open without masking up.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:49 AM

Just got over it. I self tested Sunday at noon and was positive, and I am good at this point, just a little weak.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:52 AM

I sneezed twice today. Stood in a line for 8 hours to see that I was negative and just needed to blow saw dust outta my nose.
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 01:57 AM

Had it in August of 21. Decent fever, loss of taste, just like the flu, but for a solid 2 weeks. Took me a month to get my energy back. Lost about 10 lbs because I wasn't eating and me not eating is like hell freezing over.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 02:03 AM

We are covered up by covid this week. Wife was sick last week, I am just getting over a bad couple of days. Son stayed home today and daughter got notice of exposure from school today. None of us have tested though. If my boy chooses to stay home tomorrow I will make him get a test and we will accept his results to validate the entire family. I will call it science. 60% of the time....everytime

I don't know is the answer
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I sneezed twice today. Stood in a line for 8 hours to see that I was negative and just needed to blow saw dust outta my nose.

I heard on the news today that 3 sneezes is covid, you are lucky
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 02:22 AM

Don’t Covid Shame me bro. I had the easy one, but we are both front line hero’s.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

#MeToo
Posted By: EN591

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 02:34 AM

Had the original back in Nov 20, got vaccinated after that and still got the Delta. Just spent 3 days in El Paso this week with Omicron running wild. We will see if that one pops up.

I'm type 1 diabetic and try to be careful but I'm in sales and have a job to do. You can't lockdown forever.

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

grin
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 03:59 AM

I have not had, nor will I ever have Covid.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 04:55 AM

I love the way they show people standing in line to get their test, and if you don't have it then you will after standing next to people who do after standing in that line!
I guess if they advertised treatment meds, those same people who hoarded all the toilet paper would buy it all up if they needed it or not, or maybe they already have?
Posted By: Wylie Jeff

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

#MeToo

Same here. I prefer Dr. Nick Byrds solution for all things COVID…
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 12:43 PM

Nicky is a girls name.And Coors Light is a good laxative.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 02:44 PM

No, not had it.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 03:12 PM

Way back at the beginning, real data showed that for some reason, roughly 50% of the population cannot and will not ever get the DREADED 19.
Of course, that info got buried along the way.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

roflmao
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 03:19 PM

Had it back during snowmegeddon and have the new strain now. Never tested, don't want to be another stat. First time lost smell, taste and body aches. This time just a bad cold. No vax for me.
Posted By: SheldonS

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 03:26 PM

I believe some TFF members cannot vote because it killed them. I remember about some of the members dying.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 04:31 PM

Have not had it. Tested negative before surgery 15 months ago. Fully vaccinated as of Oct 1 when had Pfizer booster. Heart disease and kidney disease and old-74- so dont want it mild or not! But I dont have a problem understanding the anti-vax guys.
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

[Linked Image]
You cheeky little devils
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 06:05 PM

Don't know what strain I had. Got sick with a 103.x fever that I couldn't control on or about August 27th, 2021. Spent a day or two trying to control it on my own with OTC meds to no avail. Called my PC doc who called in some scripts but I never got them. Tried to get the antibodies which were harder to get back then. August 31st, found a small ER that was doing the mono ab's. By the time I got there, I couldn't breathe very well.
Long story short. Was put in an ambulance and admitted to Medical City Dallas with Bi-Lateral pneumonia, hypoxia and my favorite "Acute Respiratory Failure".
Spent 27 days in the hospital with a big portion of those in ICU.

It's all fun and games until you're in ICU and they're asking you about advanced directives.
Infectious Disease doctor told my wife that had I not gotten there when I did, I probably wouldn't have made it another 24 hours.
I'm still on steroids and my o2 goes down to the 70's if I walk up stairs. At least now, my recover is within seconds up to 96/97 as opposed to when I was tracking in the hospital, it would take me around 2 minutes to get my O2 up to 91 or 92.

Fully vaccinated at that time. Got the ABs in the ER. Just got my booster the other day.
I have no idea what the long term effects are of having had Covid (or the bi-lateral pneumonia which is what really caused my problems) or the vaccines or boosters or whatever else they'll throw at us.

I just know that we're living in some unprecedented times and I'd like to get off the merry-go-round. It's not that merry.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 06:11 PM

The first covid 19 as in 2019.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

#MeToo

#Same
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 07:32 PM

Nope. I’ve been submerged in it since the beginning. Never got vaccinated. I did get a flu shot which I think helped more than the covid shot. I’ve swabbed thousands of nostrils, Ct and Xray hundreds of covid pneumonia patients. I guess I’m just blessed or lucky. I do wear a mask at work, that’s it. I do t wear one in Gen pop. Never have felt I needed to wear one. I have tested myself for antibodies multiple times just because there’s no rationale WHY I never caught it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 08:33 PM

Here is some good news on the COVID front.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7.c...c-end-omicron-variant-covid-19/11466588/
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 08:45 PM

The poll numbers are surprising to me, figured more guys have had it.

I hope Marks story is finally the right story, past ready for a normal life again.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Agreed. And all TFF poll results are totally legit!

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 09:17 PM

I hope Marks story is finally the right story, past ready for a normal life again.

Almost 2000 views and 130 people have voted. I figure it would be close to 50/50 when it's all over.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 10:05 PM

Twice. Once pre-vax and recently post-vax. The vax side effects were worse than the RONA both times. I will not be boosting.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Almost 2000 views and 130 people have voted. I figure it would be close to 50/50 when it's all over.

I figured it would be 75% have had it and 25% haven’t. I guess when I think about it now though, I don’t know many people that have had it. I guess we’ve all been lucky or just have very mild cases. (Thankfully and knock on wood)
Posted By: COFF

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 11:18 PM

So as of my response and this posting, poll is at 140 votes with 70/70.

I just added myself to the has had's. No vax, but I entered the antibody study through UTSouthwestern (think it was LSS who posted link). First antibody test 3 months ago came back negative. I have nose swab-tested a few times prior to traveling and after potential exposures and it was always negative. 2nd antibody test yesterday came back positive, meaning I have had the virus at some point.

I'm pretty sure it was 2 weeks ago when I had what I would normally call a head cold. I'd rank it as "bad" but definitely not "severe". Stopped up nose and some sneezing, but no fever or aches or anything worse. Didn't test because it was just a cold (probably couldn't have found a test kit if I'd wanted to). I'm among the lucky ones, but from everything I am hearing lately that is pretty common with the omicron variant.

It will be interesting to compare my antibody levels in a few months when I do the 3rd antibody test.

EDIT: Should also mention that my "cold" passed along to wife and the three kids, just as they always do in our household. Youngest kid seems to have been least affected, but the rest pretty much had same symptoms as I did.
Posted By: waitinforabite

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 11:31 PM

Got it Wed, now wife has it sure kids will be next. High fever handled with multiple Vodka shots, some ibuprofen and nyquil. Left with only a mild hangover the next day, then again this morning, and probably same for next 2 days.
Posted By: CaptainCrunch

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 11:38 PM

Haven't gotten it yet, at least that I know of.
Posted By: Sailor1180

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/14/22 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
If I did it was very minor, I haven’t felt sick at all. Old yes, sick no

They tested me. And said I had it at some time..
Cause I tested positive for antibodies.
But, I don't know when.
Hell, at my age. I have the symptoms daily.
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/15/22 04:53 AM

Had it in 11/20, got vaccinated 4/21, caught it again in 12/21. Extremely mild symptoms both times had much worse colds/flu.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/15/22 06:04 AM

Twice bitten.
Feb 2020 caught it at international concrete show in Vegas. Before travel bans before tests. Sick pretty bad negative flu test. All the symptoms. Two weeks got over it. Had positive antibody test in July so must have been it. Never stopped traveling and working and took some precautions but nothing crazy.

Not interested in the harpoon. Neighbor and cousin’s husband died after the stab so that certainly wasn’t motivating.

Wife finally gets shamed by daughters to get the shot. That was a Tuesday I get home Thursday she’s not doing good but talked me into it. I take mine Friday but she’d already dosed me had no clue.

She tested positive as did I. She has issues and was really sick. Took her to hospital and they gave her the treatment. None for me not enough problems. Sick as a dog five weeks. Lost some lung capacity and high blood pressure now. From the shot or the plague? Who knows but no more for me.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/15/22 01:05 PM

Needed a don't know, didn't get tested box.
Both my wife and I may have had it. But we are retired so we don't have to get tested for work. Unless we get sick enough to have to go get treatment, we aren't going to stand in like with a bunch of people that think they have it.
To each his own.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/15/22 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pat Goff
Twice bitten.
Feb 2020 caught it at international concrete show in Vegas. Before travel bans before tests. Sick pretty bad negative flu test. All the symptoms. Two weeks got over it. Had positive antibody test in July so must have been it. Never stopped traveling and working and took some precautions but nothing crazy.

Not interested in the harpoon. Neighbor and cousin’s husband died after the stab so that certainly wasn’t motivating.

Wife finally gets shamed by daughters to get the shot. That was a Tuesday I get home Thursday she’s not doing good but talked me into it. I take mine Friday but she’d already dosed me had no clue.

She tested positive as did I. She has issues and was really sick. Took her to hospital and they gave her the treatment. None for me not enough problems. Sick as a dog five weeks. Lost some lung capacity and high blood pressure now. From the shot or the plague? Who knows but no more for me.

Shocking but people will still google the vaccine and get stuck.
Posted By: frognot

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/15/22 05:42 PM

No. Vaxxed and boosted.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/15/22 11:46 PM

I’ve had it twice. March 2020 8 days with fever and tired and Jan 2022 5 days like a stout cold. Not that big of a deal for me. At 59 I have zero interest in hiding in the closet and not doing what I want to do. Travel quite a bit since it’s been out.

Try to avoid crowds and getting close to people.

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/16/22 05:33 AM

No's have pulled ahead

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/16/22 07:13 AM

We should get a bunch of yes votes while the majority are sleeping.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/16/22 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by CKINCAID
We should get a bunch of yes votes while the majority are sleeping.

roflmao
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/16/22 02:56 PM

Yes, at Christmas....no fever, just a cough and congestion like normal this time of year. I tested because I lost my sense of taste and smell. We are retired, vaxxed and boosted. Very minor symptoms for a week.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/16/22 03:05 PM

I don’t know if I’ve had it and not going to jinx myself by voting no.
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/16/22 03:13 PM

Voted no, unvaxxed. My fam all had it and a guy I trained at work but when I gave blood a couple months ago, I had no antibodies. I have never been sick either.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/17/22 01:17 PM

Change my vote from no to yes. I finally caught the shiit. Had carpet install on Thurs & Fri and 5 workers were here. One worker was coughing and sniffling for two frickin' days. I was very suspicious of him having it. My symptoms were full blown on Sunday. Did an at-home test and results were positive.... mad I reached out to carpet company owner and explained it all. He told me that Domingo just has a cold, that he has been tested. What else is he gonna say? Would he come clean and admit it? I'm thinking Hell to the NO. Aggravating to say the least, at the most inopportune time........ mad
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/17/22 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Change my vote from no to yes. I finally caught the shiit. Had carpet install on Thurs & Fri and 5 workers were here. One worker was coughing and sniffling for two frickin' days. I was very suspicious of him having it. My symptoms were full blown on Sunday. Did an at-home test and results were positive.... mad I reached out to carpet company owner and explained it all. He told me that Domingo just has a cold, that he has been tested. What else is he gonna say? Would he come clean and admit it? I'm thinking Hell to the NO. Aggravating to say the least, at the most inopportune time........ mad

it's very possible that the guy did test negative.....I've had the same "runny nose-chest congestion-mild fever" three times...tested positive once and negative twice.....not sure if i would trust the test....

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 05:22 AM

does domingo have papers?
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 06:41 AM

If i got it...everyones gonna get it! Im real good when it comes to cleanliness and avoiding peoples nastiness. I promise if youve had the sniffles in the last month youve had it. Even if you are unvaxxed the symptoms are very mild with this omicron.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 06:45 AM

im 100% sure I got it from a new customer/prospect. Dude was talking like that lady on the No Smoking commercial....point blank in no uncertain terms asked him if he was sick. Claimed he tested negative but was getting over it. Still kept my distance and wasnt in a closed space with him at the exact same time. A-Hole was coughing, and I promise I caught some of his cough air when I entered the closed space after he cleared out. As dumb as it sounds....im kinda glad I caught it because the symptoms were mild and hopefully i got a little immunity for a few months! Time to go play some poker while I do!!! LOL
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 10:01 AM

maybe rolling papers.....
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 10:15 AM

1 out 3 will get it , i must be the 1 , wife was 2 , daughter was 3
Posted By: LC701

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 01:45 PM

Pretty sure I have a couple times , but never got tested. So , who knows
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 02:08 PM

The wife tested positive back when this mess started... She showed no symptoms and she's a hypochondriac... Work made me get tested and it came back negative... I got a 14 day paid vacation... Everyone has been healthy since... Dan
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 03:42 PM

I've said from the beginning we will all get it. Once it got out of the lab it's going to do what it was designed to do...make people sick.
Posted By: Slylox

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 03:51 PM

Poll results are pretty evenly split...expected it to be more one sided towards "had it".
Posted By: n2ratfishin

Re: Covid Yes or No - 01/20/22 03:56 PM

I don't have a home test, but an ER nurse family member and I did a call this AM. I have all the symptoms of Omnicron...IE I have a head cold. My wife and I were sick as all get out before we knew what Covid was. We went on a 7-day cruise in Dec 2019 all over the Caribbean. Within two weeks of coming home, we both missed a week of work. There was no Covid test at the time, the doc tested us for the flu which was negative.

My nurse family member said if I still have a cold in five days to go see my PCP. I think all of us would honestly say prior to Covid we just went to work with a cold.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum