Texas Fishing Forum

GMC Salesmen here?

Posted By: Ghost4BH

GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 07:48 PM

Is there any GMC salesmen or contacts here? The wife is interested in a Yukon. We’ve already talked with Monte about a Tahoe.
Posted By: Rodney2100

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:06 PM

Call Justin DuBose at James woods in Decatur. He is a member of the TFF and a great guy to deal with

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney2100
Call Justin DuBose at James woods in Decatur. He is a member of the TFF and a great guy to deal with

Thank you sir, I’ll look him up on their website.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:11 PM

Call Monte Coon
Posted By: Ox190

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:13 PM

Cody Wildman at Freeman GMC in Grapevine. Cannot recommend him enough. I've bought trucks from him since 2005 and several friends have as well.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH

check into if you get free entries still when you buy a new, they are a bass champs sponsor.

https://www.basschamps.com/
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Notaguide
Call Monte Coon

Ghost4BH should have thought of that…smdh.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ox190
Cody Wildman at Freeman GMC in Grapevine. Cannot recommend him enough. I've bought trucks from him since 2005 and several friends have as well.

Thanks Ox, I’ll look him up too.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

check into if you get free entries still when you buy a new, they are a bass champs sponsor.

https://www.basschamps.com/

Will do, thanks Hop
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Call Monte Coon

nobody reads the 1st post

watch out before you send GayZ to your friends

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
Call Monte Coon

nobody reads the 1st post

watch out before you send GayZ to your friends

Go be dumb somewhere else.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 09:05 PM

I have used both Justin and Monte for the Basschamps bonus. They are both straight shooters and will do you right! Justin and James Woods is the sponsor for champs currently.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
I have used both Justin and Monte for the Basschamps bonus. They are both straight shooters and will do you right! Justin and James Woods is the sponsor for champs currently.

Thanks for the info Lee. I sent Justin an email and also emailed Ox’s guy too.
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 09:12 PM

Would love to help you out with a GMC Yukon. Give me a call or shoot me a text.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 09:23 PM

Wife drives a new Yukon and her brother drives the new Yukon AT4. I have (almost) no complaints and everything seems to be top notch from GMC. They both have the sunroof and rear entertainment screens. I'd say forget that option because the sunroof is stupid in Texas and the screens are a pain in the azz, would rather just throw some iPads back there for the idiot kids and not mess with HMDI cords and such. BIL's wife drives a '21 Denali, not worth the upgrade if you ask me.
Posted By: John Peebles

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 09:33 PM

If you are looking for a new one you're probably going to have to order one right now and wait for it to come in to get exactly what you want. Wait time is running 3-4 months. Looked for one in the S.A. area for weeks. If you see one on the lot it's either a base model or already belongs to someone. If I'm gonna pay 60-70k I don't want to have to settle for close enough.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie
Wife drives a new Yukon and her brother drives the new Yukon AT4. I have (almost) no complaints and everything seems to be top notch from GMC. They both have the sunroof and rear entertainment screens. I'd say forget that option because the sunroof is stupid in Texas and the screens are a pain in the azz, would rather just throw some iPads back there for the idiot kids and not mess with HMDI cords and such. BIL's wife drives a '21 Denali, not worth the upgrade if you ask me.

We’re not going to add screens in the back seat, but the wife does want sunroof (current whip has sunroof) and she does want the Denali. I want the 6.2 liter which is also in the Denali.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 10:42 PM

One more thing, unless you married Shaq, make sure she can see over the dash/hood. But I'm sure you married Shaq.
Posted By: 9094

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 10:47 PM

I didn’t talk to Justin but a salesman at James Woods told me anything I buy will be 3000.00 over MSRP, even though their website was showing MSRP. I was out on that. I am buying/ ordering a 3/4 pickup AND a new diesel Suburban.
I know sales are hot right now but virtually every dealer I talked to including Moritz was good with selling at MSRP. IMO charging 3000.00 over was taking advantage of the current shortage and gouging the buyer. It is a free market but I won’t be a part of helping a store or dealer take advantage of consumers.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by 9094
I didn’t talk to Justin but a salesman at James Woods told me anything I buy will be 3000.00 over MSRP, even though their website was showing MSRP. I was out on that. I am buying/ ordering a 3/4 pickup AND a new diesel Suburban.
I know sales are hot right now but virtually every dealer I talked to including Moritz was good with selling at MSRP. IMO charging 3000.00 over was taking advantage of the current shortage and gouging the buyer. It is a free market but I won’t be a part of helping a store or dealer take advantage of consumers.

Won't stop until idiots quit paying over sticker.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 11:03 PM

One more thing, unless you married Shaq, make sure she can see over the dash/hood. But I'm sure you married Shaq.

Wife is 5’2”, so not quite Shaq

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 11:11 PM

She's going to run into everything. Good luck.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/03/22 11:13 PM

She's going to run into everything. Good luck.

We’ll put a ranch hand on it.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 01:04 AM

Hey homey. We bought our XL at Classic in Arlington. Cool cats. From the sales guy to financing. Great, no BS experience.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 01:06 AM

Also, no fake a.. market adjustment price.
Posted By: ~Moose~

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 01:30 PM

If anyone finds themselves in the Killeen / Harker Heights area, my soon to be son-in-law is a salesman at Patriot GMC. Give him a shout and help him support my daughter!!! grin Luey Ramos - 254-368-8976
Posted By: Trickster

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 07:59 PM

Wife is 5’2”, so not quite Shaq

Shakira

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 08:17 PM

if you are spending $70K on a truck
why worry about $3K profit for the dealer ?
Posted By: HasBen

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 09:08 PM

That’s $3000 EXTRA profit for the dealer and $3000 cash out of your pocket. Hardly chump change, at least to me.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen

That’s $3000 EXTRA profit for the dealer and $3000 cash out of your pocket. Hardly chump change, at least to me.

I have no dog in this fight, just wanted to provide some data. The extra $3k on top of a $70k base price increases the total ($70k) by a little more than 4%. Let me know if you need anything else.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 09:22 PM

I know sales are hot right now but virtually every dealer I talked to including Moritz was good with selling at MSRP. IMO charging 3000.00 over was taking advantage of the current shortage and gouging the buyer. It is a free market but I won’t but be a part of helping a store or dealer take advantage of consumers.

If you want to pay over MSRP, which is must be pretty profitable since dealers have been advertising vehicles for thousands below MSRP for the past 25 years then be my guest Butch. It is not denying them a 3000.00 profit, there is a reason there is an MSRP and I’ll assure you there is plenty of profit.
I guess that you do business the same way and gouge your customers when the opportunity comes around. Then when business slows down your out giving the neighbor of the guy you gouged a smoking deal because your slow.
I have owned a company for 30 years and never done this, even when competition was. Like I said it’s a free world and I don’t care if they do it. They just ain’t doing it to me.
It must be nice to be a rich roofer.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen

I have no dog in this fight, just wanted to provide some data. The extra $3k on top of a $70k base price increases the total ($70k) by a little more than 4%. Let me know if you need anything else.

No fight here. I just don’t see the upside of paying an extra $3000 to a dealer when other dealers are not charging it. I guess $3000 doesn’t matter anymore.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 09:25 PM

Gotta ask this Butch. If you have 4 suppliers selling roofing and 1 of them is charging 4 to 6 percent more for the exact same product than the other 3 do you buy from the 1 charging more?
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 09:50 PM

Dang!
Cars and trucks are starting to almost cost as much as new bass boats, what's this world coming to?!
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/04/22 10:12 PM

Gotta ask this Butch. If you have 4 suppliers selling roofing and 1 of them is charging 4 to 6 percent more for the exact same product than the other 3 do you buy from the 1 charging more?

Butch doesnt buy from suppliers. He steals them from other job sites. The more you know
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:14 AM

car/truck costs 30k to produce. Put a sticker on it that says 70k. Sell it below sticker for 60k

the car companies are the ones that set the sticker price right?

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:36 AM

if they are capable
its worth paying more

$3K on a purchase like that
is nothing

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by junbengreat

Butch doesnt buy from suppliers. He steals them from other job sites. The more you know

i don't steal them
our team does

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:41 AM

I know sales are hot right now but virtually every dealer I talked to including Moritz was good with selling at MSRP. IMO charging 3000.00 over was taking advantage of the current shortage and gouging the buyer. It is a free market but I won’t but be a part of helping a store or dealer take advantage of consumers.

If you want to pay over MSRP, which is must be pretty profitable since dealers have been advertising vehicles for thousands below MSRP for the past 25 years then be my guest Butch. It is not denying them a 3000.00 profit, there is a reason there is an MSRP and I’ll assure you there is plenty of profit.
I guess that you do business the same way and gouge your customers when the opportunity comes around. Then when business slows down your out giving the neighbor of the guy you gouged a smoking deal because your slow.
I have owned a company for 30 years and never done this, even when competition was. Like I said it’s a free world and I don’t care if they do it. They just ain’t doing it to me.

that is not correct
on how we operate at all
our group is taking bigger hits than you can imagine
we are basically roofing Euless Fire Station for cost
because of material increases

we are going to lose $8
if we finished today
this job is 3 months out

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:45 AM

if they are capable
its worth paying more

is nothing

Then you do yourself and your customers a disservice since you have to pass those cost forward.
I would not deal with you either. But the great thing is I wouldn’t have to.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:47 AM

if they are capable
its worth paying more

is nothing

Then you do yourself and your customers a disservice since you have to pass those cost forward.
I would not deal with you either. But the great thing is I wouldn’t have to.

we would definitely not work with you
so we are both good & even
Happy New Year

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:47 AM

that is not correct
on how we operate at all
our group is taking bigger hits than you can imagine
we are basically roofing Euless Fire Station for cost
because of material increases

we are going to lose $8
if we finished today
this job is 3 months out

Well this really makes you look pretty dense. So you would pay 4% extra to a supplier but in the same breath you tell you lose money.
It seems like an extra 4% would help you lose less.
How long you been in business?
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:49 AM

I bought a chipper from home depot. They crate shipped it to me. Imagine my surprise when I found the tag showing Home Depot’s cost. They doubled their money. What cost me 1500 cost them 7. I still buy everything I can from them.
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:51 AM

I bought a chipper from home depot. They crate shipped it to me. Imagine my surprise when I found the tag showing Home Depot’s cost. They doubled their money. What cost me 1500 cost them 7. I still buy everything I can from them.

What $$700.00????? $$7000.00?????

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 12:51 AM

yes 9094
i am pretty dense

yet
would you fight
40 attorneys
from
The City of Euless?
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 10:35 AM

Randy Williams at James Wood in Decatur
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 04:49 PM

Kelly Lancaster on here is at classic Arlington. They sponsor the Lake Worth Workingmans. Good peoples.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jons3825
Kelly Lancaster on here is at classic Arlington. They sponsor the Lake Worth Workingmans. Good peoples.

Thanks Jon, I’ll shoot Kelly an email too.
Posted By: Roller22

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 05:58 PM

Tony Gutierrez it in Weatherford. 817-320-7336

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Roller22
Tony Gutierrez it in Weatherford. 817-320-7336

Thanks Roller, I’ll give him a call.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 06:27 PM

At this point, you’ve waited so long, you may as well go work at the factory and build one yourself like Johnny Cash did with his Cadillac

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
At this point, you’ve waited so long, you may as well go work at the factory and build one yourself like Johnny Cash did with his Cadillac

There is 0 inventory available and we’re not in a hurry to buy. However, if we find one we like, then we’ll jump on it.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 06:47 PM

Note to self: Do not hire Butch Sanders as a roofing contractor.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by BThomas

LOL
i don't think i can take the rejection

stick to your computer chair IT boy

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 08:11 PM

LOL

Dummy, I’ve already told you to go be dumb somewhere else. Go start your own thread. Make the topic, thread of stupidity. Maybe Carl will join in and y’all can discuss coloring books and your favorite flavor of crayon.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 08:16 PM

LOL

Dummy, I’ve already told you to go be dumb somewhere else. Go start your own thread. Make the topic, thread of stupidity. Maybe Carl will join in and y’all can discuss coloring books and your favorite flavor of crayon.

i will probably never do anything you tell me to
i would guess nobody else does either

i asked a ? about dealer mark ups
& the clique turned on me
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 09:31 PM

If someone on the forum doesn’t like you and you know it, you should just avoid posting on their threads. Unless you’re being helpful, but it appears you’re just being a PITA.

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

If someone on the forum doesn’t like you and you know it, you should just avoid posting on their threads. Unless you’re being helpful, but it appears you’re just being a PITA.

i asked a ?
you should look back
thanks for your advice though
do you always offer advice?
Posted By: BThomas

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 10:11 PM

@butch sanders --- Clique ? I am not part of a clique and they took my IT chair. so, I have nothing to roll around on. I do have a stapler though.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 10:11 PM

popcorn
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: GMC Salesmen here? - 01/05/22 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

i asked a ?
you should look back
thanks for your advice though
do you always offer advice?

Just when someone is too dense to see the situation in front of them. I know I saw you say something stupid like “what’s $3k, when you’re spending $70k”. I guess I’ll look for your valid question now.

Edit: saw where you called someone gay. Still don’t see a valid question.

Are you a liberal? If you answer Yes, it’ll make more sense to me.

Edit, edit: Now if y’all are really friends and just goofing around, then I apologize and redact my advice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum