Texas Fishing Forum

Christmas Decorations Up?!

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:11 PM

Look I love Christmas as much as the next guy...that said the Christmas stuff comes out after Turkey Day at my house.

With these Zoom meetings all day and so many folks working from home now its come to my attention that about 3/4 of my staff have their trees up OR are in the process of putting them up now.

Is it too early? Is the world so dark now with the COVID and the politics and the divisiveness and the plotting and the violence and the conspiracy that people are just looking for any joy? Therefore Christmas starts on Nov 1?
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:13 PM

For every Christmas decoration or song before Thanksgiving, a baby reindeer is murdered. I refuse to participate in the unnecessary slaughter of baby reindeer.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:16 PM

Lannie
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kicker16
Lannie

same, where has he been any way?
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:19 PM

Soon...but not yet.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:21 PM

Give it a least a month.
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:22 PM

I start with the big outdoor décor the week of Thanksgiving, wife works on the inside. After Thanksgiving all the family comes over on Saturday and we get all the decorations up & run all the electrical. Then we treat everyone to dinner & a couple of drinks, ok three. We have a lot of decorations. Pics of the inside will come tomorrow.. [Linked Image]
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:24 PM

Ours goes up when daughter comes down to decorate. So next week Santa land appears.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:24 PM

[Linked Image]

Xmas decorations up!
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:32 PM

I might start putting lights up around the house before Thanksgiving but not turn them on

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 08:57 PM

elf got drunk so christmas is canceled due to wuhan flu.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 09:01 PM

Tradition at our house is always the weekend after Thanksgiving. I put up the tree and the outside stuff. Grandkids come over and decorate the tree. My wife takes care of everything else.

Last year was an exception due to Covid. I thought we all need a little extra Christmas so we did everything a few weeks early.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/03/21 10:59 PM

All the pageantry is a beating.
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 03:57 PM

No it’s Diwali lights. Uncultured swine.

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Teeners boat
I start with the big outdoor décor the week of Thanksgiving, wife works on the inside. After Thanksgiving all the family comes over on Saturday and we get all the decorations up & run all the electrical. Then we treat everyone to dinner & a couple of drinks, ok three. We have a lot of decorations. Pics of the inside will come tomorrow.. [Linked Image]

UPDATE: Inside the living room, wife goes nuts over Christmas [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigrebar

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 04:22 PM

Wow!!

Guess me and the war department are scrooges. We haven't put a tree up in years, and I have never put-up Christmas lights. But I buy lots of gifts, that counts, doesn't it?
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 04:29 PM

[Linked Image]

There is just no effing way . No no no no no
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 04:33 PM

[Linked Image]

Good lord.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd

[Linked Image]

There is just no effing way . No no no no no

Was thinking the same thing but didn't have the heart to say it.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 05:08 PM

[Linked Image]

I actually think it’s pretty cool that you guys do this-
I bet it’s very festive at your place-
It’s got you make you proud when folks drive by and enjoy it also-
cheers
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 05:14 PM

Your level of commitment to the holiday spirit is impressive TB!

Looks like a ton of work goes into that. Very festive.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 05:24 PM

I love Christmas now. As a hotel manager I worked every Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas for 17 straight years, giving as many employees as possible time off to spend with their families.

My wife and I like to get a huge cup of coffee (tea or hot chocolate for her) and drive around East Texas looking at Christmas lights. I know, I know, it doesn't take much to entertain us. I'll put our stuff outside the weekend of Thanksgiving, maybe even the weekend before.
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
Lannie

People telling me i have a girls name,caused me to have a stroke.Getting old aint for sissys. Carry on
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lannie Robertson
Lannie

People telling me i have a girls name,caused me to have a stroke.Getting old aint for sissys. Carry on

Who did that! We'll get em. Me, Dawg and Ratmo!
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 06:01 PM

[Linked Image]

I like your style Teener.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/04/21 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Derek 🐝

[Linked Image]

Good lord.

roflmao
Posted By: AirForceAngler

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 01:48 AM

I plan on starting outdoor decorations/lights next week while the weather's nice but probably won't turn it on until week of Thanksgiving. Inside we'll start that week, probably and get a tree after Thanksgiving. We still get a real tree. The last few years have me longing for the Holidays more, it seems. And seeing family when we can.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jons3825

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by Jons3825

roflmao

[Linked Image]

Only for 2 more hours. Get it while you can. roflmao

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by steveiam

[Linked Image]

I actually think it’s pretty cool that you guys do this-
I bet it’s very festive at your place-
It’s got you make you proud when folks drive by and enjoy it also-
cheers

Thank you! I made most of the decorations myself. Yes, we live in one of those neighborhoods that people drive through. Every block has their own theme, their are a panel of judges that come through, we even have Santa riding around on mini bike. There are approx. 750 homes in the hood & there is usually about 85-90% participation. Been going on since the late 70's

If you google prestonwood forest nite of lites, there are a lot of videos, pictures of the hood. It's quite a big deal.

Here is a link to our neighborhood news letter & on the front page is my next door neighbors house.....think I do a lot?

https://prestonwoodforestonline.com/

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 01:28 PM

I am goin all out this year.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 01:34 PM

I will put up some outside lights this year and that's it....wife will be house hunting in Florida thru December so I will have a nice quite Xmas...:) Taking Xmas week off so I'll sleep late, catch up on my reading, clean my fishing reels and re-spool them...while enjoying an occasional adult beverage...:)
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 02:38 PM

I am goin all out this year.

[Linked Image]

grin thumb
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 03:10 PM

I compromise here. A string of Christmas lights goes up around the house this weekend. Yard decorations, tree, etc., are still after Thanksgiving.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Christmas Decorations Up?! - 11/05/21 04:29 PM

Decorations go up after Thanksgiving.
Cross stays lit up year round though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum