Texas Fishing Forum

Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area

Posted By: pacertom

Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/06/21 10:07 PM

Who is the controlling authority for this area of highway? I need to unload my rage on how bad this stretch of road is with a boat, camper etc... So violent my trailer came off the ball.

Its without question the worst stretch of road I have encountered over the 1000's of miles I've put on this set up. And its right in my back yard.

I am now stuck spending a chitload on new chains, wiring, bow stop etc...cause of this GDANG road.

Who do I contact to express my opinion?
Posted By: RMOROTT21

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/06/21 10:50 PM

It’s horrible thru there I ride the left lane the whole way thru when pulling my boat to texoma left lane is better but not by much
Posted By: Jman

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/06/21 11:11 PM

There’s a TXDOT office in Sherman. But like any govt agency the wheels turn real slow on a local level. You need to start there but may also need to bark up the regional or district tree in Dallas. The more you squawk the faster your results.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/06/21 11:16 PM

Ironic that it was Eisenhower that initiated the interstate highway system and the worst stretch of it in Texas runs through his birthplace.
Posted By: D1988

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/06/21 11:25 PM

This is some chitty roadway but Louisiana has some worse.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/06/21 11:28 PM

I did drive that way to go see my niece in Durant, but it'll bounce you all over the road even if you're not towing anything. I go 35 now and then cut east around Marietta.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 12:36 AM

call the county inspectors office and ask to file a complaint. they may not be the right folks but they will sure know who is.

try state office for Txdot in austin, they will have someone over the project.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 12:37 AM

I had to drag the champion over that mess both ways for the last gtg. it was easily the worst road I have ever driven on towing or not, towing made it suck that much more.
Posted By: Matts

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 12:43 AM

TXDOT
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 01:35 AM

Contact TxDot, find out who the area Engineer is, as that is whom is over the local office. The next step in the escalation ladder Would be the district Engineer in the district office and lastly Austin.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 01:49 AM

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Hope you find the right governing body because that stretch sucks.
Posted By: donothin

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 02:20 AM

It will not be easily corrected. The black clay soil has such a shrink/swell capacity that it takes a major effort to construct so it will not have the wavy topography. Can be done, but it is expensive and high maintenance. Good luck.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 02:32 AM

It is the worst for sure. Sorry hat happened to you Tom and hope everything is ok.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 02:39 AM

Ask for director of maintenance/maintenance engineer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 12:26 PM

We ran into town from the lake Saturday, that stretch of road sucks, my wife made a comment that this road is the sorriest road in Texas.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 01:02 PM

Sounds like the first mile or 2 of 289 north of 82. I was camping at Texoma a few years back and had to replace a leaf spring. The dude in the site next to me said "you must have been on the goat trail".
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 02:21 PM

Just another reason we need the $3.5 trillion Biden Build Back Better Bill.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Sounds like the first mile or 2 of 289 north of 82. I was camping at Texoma a few years back and had to replace a leaf spring. The dude in the site next to me said "you must have been on the goat trail".

They fixed that road last year thank goodness.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

I'm not for spending more money for no reason, but dang, Texas roads/highways need work...and not more toll roads! They are spending a boatload of money on those cable type guardrails up and down the medians and they don't look very effective....they are also putting them in places where I've never seen/heard of a crossover crash. I guess they could potentially stop a loose tire coming the opposite way (I've had one of those coming at me before). The roads are terrible throughout Texas; it's embarrassing.
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

......They are spending a boatload of money on those cable type guardrails up and down the medians and they don't look very effective....

Agree!
Those cable style guardrails are inefficient from a repair standpoint. Half of those cables on 80 from 635 to 20 are bent over and laying in the grass, thus protecting noone. They are stupid labor intensive to repair too! There has got to be a better way......
bang
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by fishmagnet
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

......They are spending a boatload of money on those cable type guardrails up and down the medians and they don't look very effective....

Agree!
Those cable style guardrails are inefficient from a repair standpoint. Half of those cables on 80 from 635 to 20 are bent over and laying in the grass, thus protecting noone. They are stupid labor intensive to repair too! There has got to be a better way......
bang

Do they people that tear them up have to pay for the repair?
Posted By: Big Sumo

Re: Authority for 69/75 N Sherman Denison area - 09/07/21 07:48 PM

Totally agree! I visited the folks this weekend who live in Sherman so we took the boat as well to Texoma. What I typically do be it a little slower, I exit FM 1417 and run that all the way to FM 120 in Pottsboro then cut over back to Hwy 75. take a few more minutes but I miss 90% of the bumps and humps.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum