Texas Fishing Forum

Polygamy

Posted By: Sawhorse

Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:52 AM

Ran out of s*** to watch while the grandson plays video games and ran across the HBO Show “Big Love”. It’s central family is polygamist...three wives, one dude.

While watching, made me wonder...in America today, why have we shunned the polygamistses? I mean, we no longer have any traditional morals...in fact, the more bent and wheels off your morals are, the more you are celebrated. Even a traditional ghey feller doesn’t get celebrated and applauded as much as the uber-ghey...men convert to women, woman converting to men, men can stay men but just act like a woman...etc., anything goes.

You can go to them rollin around parties and just thrash with whatever is there...but you can’t marry, then roll around and thrash with the same folks if you marry them all. Why is America so close-minded when it come to polygamy?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:55 AM

Wouldn't more then one wife be considered cruel and unusual punishment.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:55 AM

Just. No.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Wouldn't more then one wife be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Being married to mine is, she’s pure physco.

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Just. No.

Make no mistake, I’m not advocating. I was was wondering why THAT line hasn’t been erased. The freakier folks get today, especially as it pertains to what their doing with their naughty parts, the more they’re celebrated it seems. So, why isn’t there a “Polygamy Pride” month...who is holding the line on that particular abomination while releasing and even elevating all the others?
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:10 AM

Everything revolves around what women want...you know that saying"happy wife,happy life"....says who??? Why women of course...:) I mean think about it. When you were single you fished all you wanted, took home whatever woman you could, ate what you wanted, and so on. So a woman comes along and all of a sudden you have to clean house, not fish as much, take'em out to dinner, buy diamonds, cars, houses, etc. You no longer control your life....and they have convinced you it's all for your own good...:)
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:11 AM

I see your point and agree with you.

Best guess, more people now a days celebrate freedom and individuality and this is the opposite of that I think.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79

Best guess, more people now a days celebrate freedom and individuality and this is the opposite of that I think.

Yea try going to have a drink with the guys or fishing on weekends with 3 wives, hell 1 wife can be challenging sometimes let alone 3. Lol
Posted By: The Searchers

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:20 AM

Bill Paxton was a good.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Ran out of s*** to watch while the grandson plays video games and ran across the HBO Show “Big Love”. It’s central family is polygamist...three wives, one dude.

While watching, made me wonder...in America today, why have we shunned the polygamistses? I mean, we no longer have any traditional morals...in fact, the more bent and wheels off your morals are, the more you are celebrated. Even a traditional ghey feller doesn’t get celebrated and applauded as much as the uber-ghey...men convert to women, woman converting to men, men can stay men but just act like a woman...etc., anything goes.

You can go to them rollin around parties and just thrash with whatever is there...but you can’t marry, then roll around and thrash with the same folks if you marry them all. Why is America so close-minded when it come to polygamy?

I’m fine with it. If you want a bunch of wives, go for it. I don’t care. I will celebrate your lifestyle. Hell, I might make you a cake or something.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:26 AM

If they are all hot it’s perfectly ok
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Originally Posted by Hook'em79

Yea try going to have a drink with the guys or fishing on weekends with 3 wives, hell 1 wife can be challenging sometimes let alone 3. Lol

It is possible that non fishing guys have more time to spend with their wives and want more of them.
II don't understand non fishermen at all.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 02:53 AM

I can see the desire for multiple wife’s when young, no way in hell I’d want to deal with multiple wife’s after the age of 40. Not enough alcohol in the world to deal with the drama they’d come up with.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 03:16 AM

How could you ever possibly be on time anywhere?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 03:19 AM

The polygamist has a show. Ain’t that enough?!! roflmao
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 03:28 AM

I can barely stand the 1 I am married to now, no way in hell I would want a couple more.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 04:39 AM

He's gotta be some kinda stud...... rockon
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I can barely stand deal with the 1 I am married to now, no way in hell I would want a couple more.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
If they are all hot it’s perfectly ok

Remember the movie " Weird Science " ? Yes , if they all looked like her --- YES , YES , YES
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 09:24 AM

I can barely stand the 1 I am married to now, no way in hell I would want a couple more.

Exactly, live with one, and that’s to many
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 09:54 AM

Not only 3 wives , but 3 completely different personalities OMG Talk about becoming a raging alcoholic. de whip bang
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 10:27 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth sir cheers
Posted By: MathGeek

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 10:58 AM

My wife is sweet, loving, and wonderful. We have a peaceful and tranquil household. Why would I trade that?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

$
Filing jointly and child tax credits…..and our Constitution and founding laws were written mostly by Protestants (one wife and never divorce…blind eye toward mistresses if done discreetly)
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 11:13 AM

So many beta males in here, it's sad you have accepted being whipped. The reason you are is because your wife doesn't respect you. Why would she? You roll over and piss yourself everytime.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Teeners boat
Not only 3 wives , but 3 completely different personalities OMG Talk about becoming a raging alcoholic. de whip bang

I have one wife with at least 3 different personalities
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 11:44 AM

Sometimes society has to protect people from themselves. This is one of those times!
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Alumacraft 14
So many beta males in here, it's sad you have accepted being whipped. The reason you are is because your wife doesn't respect you. Why would she? You roll over and piss yourself everytime.

How did you come to this conclusion from reading comments on a fishing forum?
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 12:48 PM

So right. There are a lot of things like this. If there is not supposed to be a "line" why is this across the line?

Not condoning it, just saying you make a very valid point. But then again, you are using logic, which does not exist in our society any longer.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by MathGeek
My wife is sweet, loving, and wonderful. We have a peaceful and tranquil household. Why would I trade that?

This.

What goes on under another roof amongst consenting adults, I really don't care.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alumacraft 14

A lot of men act like they think their wives want them to act, which is submissive. I have found out it’s actually opposite in my house, my wife wants me to act like I’m not even here
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:41 PM

Yeah I'm out as well...trying to deal with one, kids, and now grandkid is enough for me. I couldn't imagine it 3 fold.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:44 PM

loved the show, but 3 wives is about the last thing I would want
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:46 PM

I'm just trying to imagine the number of shoes in the closet...
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
I'm just trying to imagine the number of shoes in the closet...

With 3 wives...that's 3 homes you need to maintain. So the shoes will be aplenty.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 01:50 PM

I have a highly successful wife in her own right. My son said it best do we pick smart beautiful hard to get along with women. I said the others are no fun. But I dang sure don’t want two at a time lol
Posted By: Teeners boat

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Originally Posted by Teeners boat

I have one wife with at least 3 different personalities

LOL. I used to date a girl, hot as H_ _ L, but she never told me she was Sybil's Twin
OMG. Only the older gentleman will get that one.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 04:41 PM

I would think that Polyamory would be more common than Polygamy
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 04:43 PM

You would have to be filthy rich to be able to afford three families.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 08:16 PM

Have you ever seen a mare with the bit in her teeth? A more miserable creature you will never find. If you understand that statement, you will understand why polygamy is unacceptable to "society"

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Have you ever seen a mare with the bit in her teeth? A more miserable creature you will never find. If you understand that statement, you will understand why polygamy is unacceptable to "society"

roflmao Finally! Someone explains it in a way that’s understandable. thumb
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 08:48 PM

I prefer to disappoint only one woman in bed....
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Polygamy - 08/27/21 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
How could you ever possibly be on time anywhere?

Much less choosing a place to go.out to eat at.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Polygamy - 08/28/21 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by MathGeek

where do you buy your weed ?
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Polygamy - 08/28/21 05:46 AM

My wife is filthy rich and she buys me whatever I want. New truck, new boat. Found the house we now live in, she paid cash for it, so no mortgage. She cooks great….now that’s when she has time to, then I just eat out.
She loves to fish and never one time complains about how many times I want to go fishing. I go out with my friends when I want, I can take my own vacation and not take her and she is fine with that, she understands I need my alone time.
Posted By: Space

Re: Polygamy - 08/28/21 12:11 PM

Would you really want more than one wife? More trouble.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Polygamy - 08/28/21 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Space

If only you were an alpha male. roflmao
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Polygamy - 08/28/21 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
My wife is filthy rich and she buys me whatever I want. New truck, new boat. Found the house we now live in, she paid cash for it, so no mortgage. She cooks great….now that’s when she has time to, then I just eat out.
She loves to fish and never one time complains about how many times I want to go fishing. I go out with my friends when I want, I can take my own vacation and not take her and she is fine with that, she understands I need my alone time.

There is a catch here somewhere...
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Polygamy - 08/28/21 01:38 PM

Is there an advantage to marrying more than one? Just shack up with several.

Re: Polygamy - 08/28/21 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones

There is a catch here somewhere...

Yup, there is always a catch

Re: Polygamy - 08/28/21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Space

If only you were an alpha male. roflmao

Alphas just get a side piece or 2 ........
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum