Texas Fishing Forum

Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI???

Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 12:37 AM

Uh oh. She drank lemon water. They have stirred up the hornet’s nest on this one.

DPD heads gonna roll
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 12:39 AM

Dumbasses....if she didn't fail the test, how are you following protocol by arresting her??
Posted By: kennerdude

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 12:42 AM

Impaired on pills or??

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 12:42 AM

Gonna get me a front row seat to this one.

popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 12:44 AM

Somebody fiddin get payd!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 12:45 AM

She must just be a really bad driver.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 12:55 AM

The guy that played Batman back in the day on the tv show...his wife right?
Posted By: Bubba747

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 12:56 AM

DPD hardly ever arrest people for drunk driving. Why start with her?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:02 AM

been there, done that, durango colorado dec 1984.

cost me 18,000.00 $ and sucked a big one.

had 14 witnesses that would swear in court that all I had to drink was pepsi.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:05 AM

Why would they yank her grandson away unless there was some indication? Thats what gets me. Her friends said she had water and lemonade at PF Changs.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:13 AM

She was probably arrested for being a cheap [censored]….lemon water? That’s what cheapskates get to drink.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
She was probably arrested for being a cheap [censored]….lemon water? That’s what cheapskates get to drink.

roflmao
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:28 AM

I am a cheapskate and when they charge me for tap water . . . . . .I walk.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:28 AM

I don't believe the fact is she passed a field sobriety test. West said she passed it.
We will see since they took a blood sample.
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:29 AM

Profiling is what would be screamed if they were libs. And it was in liberal azz Dallas.
Posted By: me and the boys

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:36 AM

I bet dpd will release a video
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

Adam, cmon man

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:39 AM

Should be pretty simple-

Dash cam and body cam footage
Receipt from PF Chang
Field Sobriety results (on cam)
Blood test

Period. That’s all that’s needed.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 03:38 AM

Randy Travis lives out here. We pray for them.
Posted By: Canino

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Allison1
I don't believe the fact is she passed a field sobriety test. West said she passed it.
We will see since they took a blood sample.

They don't usually take a blood sample. It's usually only done when:

1. There was a wreck and the suspect goes to the hospital (Doc takes blood and it's subpoenaed later by the DA's office)

2. They're doing a "no refusal" weekend, usually once a year or so for awareness, with nurses at the jail and they take everyone's blood

- or -

3. The person passed field sobriety and/or didn't blow numbers and/or refused to blow, but the officer believes the person was impaired by something else (drugs)

So it could be that the officer found or saw some kind of drug or prescription meds, or maybe she mentioned having taken something like Ambien, or something similar.

The third case, which seems the most likely, will be difficult for the DA's office even if the blood test comes back with a significant amount of drug for her weight. It's going to be a VERY tough case to win with a jury, if she passed field sobriety. Unless there's in-car video showing dangerous driving, which even then could be explained away by not being able to see well at night, etc. Most likely some poor assistant DA is going to have to take a loss for the team.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 11:31 AM

I don't believe the fact is she passed a field sobriety test.

Shocking.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by chickenman

Shocking.

roflmao
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Shocking.

roflmao

Lol Allison 1 is predictable, you have to give him that.....
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:30 PM

This ain’t chit compared to Hunter Biden.
Not sure why this is an issue at all.
Let her go.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:42 PM

Sounds like his last sentence was, "Passed a breath analyser". If so, someone and their boss is going to catch hell.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Shocking.

roflmao

110%, 100% of the time on every post.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:09 PM

Guess she should have used a turn signal to change lanes, since that is what she was pulled over for in the first place. Seems to be a conflict too with what Allen West has put out and what the Police are saying about the sobriety test.As with most cases, the truth is a grey area somewhere between what is being reported.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:19 PM

Shocking.

roflmao

I've read several accounts. The only source that she passed a field sobriety test came from her husband.
To me, thats an opinion, not a fact.
The police version is that after she was given a field sobriety test she was arrested. So much for the support of the police.

They had to get a warrant to get her blood. While its her right it appears she was not cooperative.
If it was me and I had not drank I would be happy to give them my blood.

As far as predictable, aren't we all. We support the police until politics enters. Then they are assumed wrong and the perp is a victim.
It may end up that she was wrongly arrested. That you go by what Allen West said and blame the police without having all the facts, predictable.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:30 PM

So you’re saying she should have just complied? Novel concept

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

Funny. Now you are on George Floyd's side.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:37 PM

She could have been on medication and not had a drink...that may be why she was hesitant to give blood, and why she didn't pass a field sobriety test. I'll wait until the blood test results come back to state what should happen.

I was pulled over early one morning on my way to work. I had a newspaper delivery route at the time (about 25 years ago) and the papers were weighing down the car I was in and it was windy as all get out. Cops pulled me over and made me do a field sobriety test. I passed the mental acuity tests, but I couldn't walk a straight line or stand on one leg, because I had just had back surgery about 6 months earlier. I had to lift my shirt and show my scar so they believed me. He let me go and told me it was a good thing I had that scar, or I'd be going to jail.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:38 PM

How do police account for people who are old, have poor balance, or have conditions like neuropathy when doing their field tests? I couldn't walk 20 feet heel to toe in a straight line if there was a suitcase full of $100 bills for me at the finish line. And who the hell ever learned the alphabet backward?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
How do police account for people who are old, have poor balance, or have conditions like neuropathy when doing their field tests? I couldn't walk 20 feet heel to toe in a straight line if there was a suitcase full of $100 bills for me at the finish line. And who the hell ever learned the alphabet backward?

That and any number of reasons could be why you get arrested for DUI. Have medications like LSS said, have a medical problem happens. I had a bout of Vertigo 5 years ago and I have bad balance so i could fail a test.

Why anyone who had any of these problems would not want to do whatever it took to show the officer that they were not drunk is beyond me. They don't know all the facts so explaining it to him, taking a breathalyzer or blood test will show what happened. Why fight it and not ask for it?

I got attacked by several when I pointed out that the only person who said she passed a field sobriety test was Allen West, her husband. To me that is not something that validates the test. The police said she was arrested after the field sobriety test. Why take West's version over the police's? Politics of course.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 02:56 PM

Yes I am, he fully complied and was completely innocent of any wrongdoing, total justification for burning down towns and looting everywhere. He was going to be someone, he was going to college.

Mrs west however, is due a baton across her skull for not giving a blood sample.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 03:24 PM

Yes I am, he fully complied and was completely innocent of any wrongdoing, total justification for burning down towns and looting everywhere. He was going to be someone, he was going to college.

Mrs west however, is due a baton across her skull for not giving a blood sample.

Agreed! If she gets a statue I will boycott something.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 03:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2fTKGbF6zs

Looks like he doubled down.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 03:44 PM

At least it was a black officer. They can't play the race card.
Posted By: bshort

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 03:53 PM

I read the article. Sounds like the arrest was standard, as well as the handling of the child. Only thing I got was that West was acting like an entitled prick. Get an attorney for your wife and send her to rehab for her probable pill problem.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by bshort
I read the article. Sounds like the arrest was standard, as well as the handling of the child. Only thing I got was that West was acting like an entitled prick. Get an attorney for your wife and send her to rehab for her probable pill problem.

WTF

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

WTF

You saw something different?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya

WTF

You saw something different?

Haven't seen anything yet. Its all opinion. You don't know this woman any more Han the rest of us.
Posted By: Canino

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 04:56 PM

There is no backward alphabet test, that's either an urban legend or something you saw on a TV show.

The field sobriety tests are just part of it, and failing one part doesn't mean you fail the whole thing. It's a "totality of circumstances", not a pass/fail on any single part.

Bloodshot eyes, smell of alcohol, slurring speech, nystagmus (eye movement), balance (2-3 tests)...it's all taken into account to make a final decision. Some people have natural nystagmus for example so if it was just a failure of a single test to get arrested, those people would be going to jail constantly. Some people don't have good balance but pass everything else. The decision isn't made on one thing alone.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 05:33 PM

I know Colonel West, but not his wife personally.

She put out a very detailed statement about the incident on her FB page. Feel free to read it.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 05:41 PM

I haven’t seen enough information to form any kind of intelligent opinion. Seems the only ones speaking out is West and his wife and I will wait for some video from the cop or cop car. I’ll play the waiting game.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by HasBen
I haven’t seen enough information to form any kind of intelligent opinion. Seems the only ones speaking out is West and his wife and I will wait for some video from the cop or cop car. I’ll play the waiting game.

Plus #1. Waiting for all the facts is always a good thing. thumb

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 05:49 PM

I'm pretty much an expert on SFST's and was a certified intoxilizer operator for a decade...if she blew zeros and they didn't pull blood, there is no case.....I haven't seen the videos yet, but she better be pretty impaired or this will have a bad stink to it

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
I'm pretty much an expert on SFST's and was a certified intoxilizer operator for a decade...if she blew zeros and they didn't pull blood, there is no case.....I haven't seen the videos yet, but she better be pretty impaired or this will have a bad stink to it

She gave blood. Hearing it might be negative.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Moto-Moto

She put out a very detailed statement about the incident on her FB page.Feel free to read it.

Her statement was very compelling. I can understand why they were concerned about the grandkid.
It did give me a little insight into why she was forced to get a blood draw. She tried several times to do the breathalyzer and the cop said she kept doing it wrong.
https://www.facebook.com/TheRepublicanCoffeeCornerWithAngela

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 06:58 PM

If Mrs..West's narrative is factual I hope Officer Harris is investigated and fired for federal civil rights violations....and I hope DPD is forced to address it's systemic dysfunction that embarrasses me for several of my beloved relatives legacy there.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 07:32 PM

Yeah, after reading her side, it'll be interesting to learn the results of the blood draw....
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 07:47 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 07:50 PM

She put out a very detailed statement about the incident on her FB page.Feel free to read it.

Her statement was very compelling. I can understand why they were concerned about the grandkid.
It did give me a little insight into why she was forced to get a blood draw. She tried several times to do the breathalyzer and the cop said she kept doing it wrong.

Doubt West now? Your earlier post you didn’t want to believe anything he said about the incident.
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 07:54 PM

I feel like if there was conclusive evidence of her guilt then the DPD would have released some sort of statement by now. I suspect they have their attorneys huddled together right now to figure out how to save face. Just my 2cents

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

Doubt West now? Your earlier post you didn’t want to believe anything he said about the incident.

I said that people were passing off information that only her husband said and should not take that as fact. One point, the field sobriety test. I did not say whether I doubted it or not, just that the only source was Allen West. How he would know I still don't know. The wife in her statement did not say whether she passed it or not and someone else familiar with the test has said its not a strictly pass or fail test anyway.

What I will say is this may end up as a simple arrest to wait till the blood test comes back.
Angela said she had a problem with her balance. She also said she tried several times to do the breathalyzer and then was told she was being arrested. The only way the officer could be sure is to take a blood sample.

The officers judgement and whether she used it correctly is what matters at this point and we have not heard that.
If she told Angela to lie about Covid may be worst thing she did.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 08:25 PM

I will say he should have just said he's upset and confident that the charges will be dropped.....then he can make a speech and [censored] ..... it's a bad look for him even if everything he said is correct

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 08:30 PM

She stated in her FB post “ she took the breathalyzer and was told by the officer she wasn’t doing it wrong, tried and tried again”. IMO it wasn’t working, she didn’t do it right or the officer didn’t get the reading she was wanting.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 08:55 PM

I will say he should have just said he's upset and confident that the charges will be dropped.....then he can make a speech and [censored] ..... it's a bad look for him even if everything he said is correct

I would generally agree, I think with an election coming and knowing the wheels turn slow at the courthouse a DA could drag it out forever with it hanging out there. The story that hits the papers is an arrest, bythe time it goes away damage is done. I think he should have slept on it a few days. Took a deep breath and picked his words a bit more carefully.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 09:08 PM

Just an opinion here but from what type of guy he seems to be he probably asked her straight up “did you drink ? “

If she answered no and he would have no reason to believe differently then he like I would went after them.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 09:11 PM

He does not seem like the type to.make things up or respond without thinking.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
He does not seem like the type to.make things up or respond without thinking.

This^^^
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 10:12 PM

Who was the car registered to? I suspect the officer knew exactly who he pulled over before he hit the lights.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
Who was the car registered to? I suspect the officer knew exactly who he pulled over before he hit the lights.

She

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 10:17 PM

IF it were my wife, and she told me she didn’t drink, SCORCHED EARTH is my only response.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 10:29 PM

Very unprofessional IMO. The number of times he discredited the officer and the police is way over the top IMO.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 10:32 PM

Very unprofessional IMO. The number of times he discredited the officer and the police is way over the top IMO.

You also complained about mean tweets and we all know what that brought us

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 10:35 PM

Why anyone who had any of these problems would not want to do whatever it took to show the officer that they were not drunk is beyond me. They don't know all the facts so explaining it to him, taking a breathalyzer or blood test will show what happened. Why fight it and not ask for it?

Money. They want the controversial airplay and lawsuit.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 10:44 PM

George Floyd would be alive if he had complied.. And not swallowed the meth and fentanyl pills..

NEXT.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/22/21 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by MrRoachie

George Floyd would be alive if he had complied.. And not swallowed the meth and fentanyl pills..

NEXT.

I'm with Matt here . . . . . Firmly convinced.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 12:28 AM

I don't get the impression he is wired like that at all. I have always felt he is a good, honorable man.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 12:35 AM

I don't get the impression he is wired like that at all. I have always felt he is a good, honorable man.

this ^^^^^^^

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 12:39 AM

She stated in her FB post “ she took the breathalyzer and was told by the officer she wasn’t doing it wrong, tried and tried again”. IMO it wasn’t working, she didn’t do it right or the officer didn’t get the reading she was wanting.

It takes a long, steady and consistent blow. Often, people will stick their tongue into the hole and that will stop the process.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 12:56 AM

It takes a long, steady and consistent blow. Often, people will stick their tongue into the hole and that will stop the process.

Yeah but doesn’t “wasn’t doing it wrong” still translate to “was doing it right”?

If what you posted was her actual quote, it’s no wonder they thought she was loopy...it makes no sense.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:07 AM

His representation was substantially different than her statement.
He demonized the officer, the DUI program and the DPD all the while trying to represent himself as respectful to the police.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:07 AM

I would generally agree, I think with an election coming and knowing the wheels turn slow at the courthouse a DA could drag it out forever with it hanging out there. The story that hits the papers is an arrest, bythe time it goes away damage is done. I think he should have slept on it a few days. Took a deep breath and picked his words a bit more carefully.

Negative. If you did nothing wrong, and you know it, you should have the fortitude to stand up for yourself or your loved one right then.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:12 AM

Negative. If you did nothing wrong, and you know it, you should have the fortitude to stand up for yourself or your loved one right then.

I'm speaking purely of impact on his political aspirations. He is running for governor and should choose words carefully. I like the guy and dont want him to dig a hole with LEO.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:16 AM

I'm speaking purely of impact on his political aspirations. He is running for governor and should choose words carefully. I like the guy and dont want him to dig a hole with LEO.

Yeah, that's bad optics.
Posted By: Theroofingguy

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:20 AM

First to be part of a DWI Unit, you must have some experience at doing them, I would think? Next there’s three standardized field sobriety tests…
1. HGN (horizontal gaze nystagmus) - you must have the following before being considered a candidate
Equal tracking and equal pupil size, once you have that then proceed… this is the most exact test there is, there’s no faking this BUT some people do have a naturally occurring nystagmus.
Clues - lack of smooth pursuit (both eyes) would be two clues, one for each eye, distinct nystagmus at maximum deviation (both eyes) would be two clues and finally onset of nystagmus prior to 45 degrees (both eyes) two clues.
The big key here is not having any other flashing lights on during this test. Once you get a perfect score (6 out of 6) this is good enough to arrest here but do the other two tests for the jury, otherwise you are not doing the standardized field sobriety tests…

2. The walk and turn test - the person must have no health issues or a good attorney will hammer you here…there are two phases the instruction and walking stage
All you need here is two clues out of a maximum of 8

3. One leg stand - always check to be sure the intoxicated person is still feeling ok… but there are two phases of this test as well…
Instruction and balance & counting stage
All you need here is two clues out of a maximum of 4

So if the officer is assigned to a DWI Unit, I’m willing to bet he or she is very competent at giving these tests.

Once the suspect is arrested for DWI, There are three options have them blow into an intoxilyzer or, they voluntarily give blood or you get a blood warrant. Obviously the most accurate is blood, many departments no longer have intoxilyzers because blood is so much easier and more accurate.

But there is no offense in the State of Texas called “Suspicion of DWI”, it’s either DWI or it’s not. This DUI thing is for minors not for adults. But I for one would like to see the blood results when they come back. It normally takes a week or two unless they get on it immediately and I’m sure in this case they will double time it.

But as a side note, you don’t have to be above a .08 to be considered DWI, you can be a .06 and be DWI, each person is different. Once you loose your normal physical and mental facilities you would be considered DWI.

I was a cop for 20 years and was one of the best DWI officers according to my district attorney’s office. So there must be more to this case then what’s being told.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:23 AM

Gonna have to disagree with you on this one ol buddy. Mucho respect......but if you know you're innocent.....you better stand up for yourself immediately because no one else will. I couldn't care less about "optics' in any situation.

cheers
Posted By: TR176

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 02:24 AM

If I break a law in Dallas it will stealing <$750.00 worth of essential goods. The police there have no time for that. Further, if they want DWI arrests shouldn’t they go to IH at NW highway and stake out all the clubs that let out at 0200.

On topic, I don’t think West is a very strong politician, he could not win re-election to the US house way back in Florida. Not to mention his big meeting that day was with Ted Nugent. What can I say, This dust up will bring his name in the front of folks that have never heard of him. I doubt if he will get want he wants by Tuesday after all it’s not like BLM will get involved.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 03:25 AM

That is exactly it and the aggie is right. He [censored] this up and and is probably going to cost him everything. Hell he came out of florida and I thought he was doing good things until this. This is a bad black eye for him and I like him.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:57 AM

Claiming the receipt as some kind of proof that she wasn't drunk is just idiotic. She could have been hammered before she even got to the restaurant. Someone else could have been buying her drinks. She could of had a bottle in her purse that she poured in the lemon water. The whole video is a joke
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:15 AM

Was she drinking lemon water or a bad margarita?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Theroofingguy
I for one would like to see the blood results when they come back.

+1

And any recordings made of the stop, video and audio.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 12:33 PM

Agree with Moto here and think the Colonel has to nip this in the bud. Nip it. Dallas is a cesspool anymore thanks to the leftists running it and although we back the blue in my house, I think this new crop of DPD may have an agenda.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 12:39 PM

Girls just want to have fun.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 12:43 PM

the TFF is much more forgiving than the THF. They want him served on a platter.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:04 PM

I really hope Mr. West has seen the video from the cop car and any body cam footage. He has come out strong and will look like a fool if there is contradictory video footage. As a husband, I understand his reaction, but as a politician with a lot to lose, he most likely should have taken a calmer stand at the risk of being proven wrong. Until the whole story with video comes out, it is hard to make a judgement. A restaurant receipt is pretty shaky evidence.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:20 PM

I didn't know the burden of proof was on Mrs. West. Did she pass the Field sobriety physical test and the Breathalyzer did not reveal any alcohol content, whether the device was faulty or not is an unknown.
Some of you are saying guilty until proven innocent. Is that how it is now?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:39 PM

The burden was not on Mrs West. It was on the officer.
Allen said she passed the field sobriety test. In Angela's statement she just recounted the test.
He said she passed the breathalyzer several times. She said she took it several times and was told she was doing it wrong.

What alarmed me most initially is that he was concerned that two DPD officers were taking care of his granddaughter till his daughter could come get her. What did he think the police do when an adult is being taken in?

One other point that I do not think had been mentioned. In Texas if you are DUI with a child under 15 it automatically becomes a felony.
Also if an officer suspects that the person is DUI with a child under 15 they are required to get a blood draw.

Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 01:44 PM

Adam, cmon man

So, he is not the 'Black' Batman?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 02:56 PM

Well, as bad as this is, at least it's not a Clay Williams moment. No one can top that one.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 02:57 PM

Alan Webb still holds the highschool mile record at 3:53.43. That’s flying.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 03:24 PM

Well, as bad as this is, at least it's not a Clay Williams moment. No one can top that one.

Been years since I thought of that. Yup, he stuck both feet in his mouth that day,

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 04:04 PM

I really hope Mr. West has seen the video from the cop car and any body cam footage. He has come out strong and will look like a fool if there is contradictory video footage. As a husband, I understand his reaction, but as a politician with a lot to lose, he most likely should have taken a calmer stand at the risk of being proven wrong. Until the whole story with video comes out, it is hard to make a judgement. A restaurant receipt is pretty shaky evidence.

Maybe he cares more about keeping his stuff than his political career. No matter how wasted she was or what she did wrong, to her, it will eventually be his fault...”If you wouldn’t have been so busy having your little dinner with the Nuge, none of this would have happened to me...etc.” Sometimes a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

I salute you Mr. West! I’ve been there, and I made the wrong choice. You don’t need to tow the line with your words, and flash the real deal via blinking Morris code with your eyes like our US POW’s did while reading a statement prepared by Charlie in Vietnam...it’s not needed. I already know what you’re doing and why...stay strong!

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 04:14 PM

7 pages, so far, devoted to a simple traffic stop turned DWI, of a non-important person. Amazing. What did we ever do before social media........

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
7 pages, so far, devoted to a simple traffic stop turned DWI, of a non-important person. Amazing. What did we ever do before social media........

And........as usual you have succeeded in adding nothing to the discussion. You poor little thing.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 05:10 PM

Maybe he cares more about keeping his stuff than his political career. No matter how wasted she was or what she did wrong, to her, it will eventually be his fault...”If you wouldn’t have been so busy having your little dinner with the Nuge, none of this would have happened to me...etc.” Sometimes a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

I salute you Mr. West! I’ve been there, and I made the wrong choice. You don’t need to tow the line with your words, and flash the real deal via blinking Morris code with your eyes like our US POW’s did while reading a statement prepared by Charlie in Vietnam...it’s not needed. I already know what you’re doing and why...stay strong!

He didn't have to lie and make up misrepresent the facts. He certainly did not have to present a fake belief that he supported the thin blue line.
Without possibly knowing the truth he defamed the officer, the DPD and their DUI program all within an hour or two of learning that his wife had been arrested.

You don't have to rant and rave to defend your wife. He chose to.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 05:15 PM

You’re right, it’s a choice. Sometimes it depends on the wife and how important it is to you to not lose over half the s*** you’ve worked a lifetime to get.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 05:25 PM

You’re right, it’s a choice. Sometimes it depends on the wife and how important it is to you to not lose over half the s*** you’ve worked a lifetime to get.

I’ve had to physically fight to defend my wife, but I’m a man, not a liberal

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 05:26 PM

I don't care what anyone says, he handled it wrong.....there was a right way to get the message out......"this is going to resolve itself with transparency and my wife will be exonerated by the law. It is what makes this country great, and the officer was just doing her job, though as imperfect creatures that we all are, I think the evidence will show that in this single case, this single officer got it wrong. I pray that they will continue to keep our streets safe and be safe themselves in these troubled times".....yada, yada, yada.

instead, blah, blah, blah, outrage, outrage, outrage.... I am a wronged rich black man and my wife didn't even do nuthin.....because that is all I heard.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 05:39 PM

Sig worthy right there! grin

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 05:40 PM

What does that have to do with it, macho man?
Some men don't do the hissy fit like he did and there was not physical action. Instead of the truth we had someone who defamed the law. Someone who started out by saying he backed them. Someone who did not have the story right.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 05:41 PM

Some men don't do the hissy fit like he did and there was not physical action. Instead of the truth we had someone who defamed the law. Someone who started out by saying he backed them. Someone who did not have the story right.

What? I'm not in the thread...
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 08:28 PM

Without reading the whole thread, did they determine she was actually under the influence of something?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tritonman
Without reading the whole thread, did they determine she was actually under the influence of something?

I do not think so but you have to wonder about some of us, huh?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tritonman

I do not think so but you have to wonder about some of us, huh?

I don’t think you have to be under the influence to be the way you are, think it just came natural.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 08:46 PM

Batmans wife?
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 08:48 PM

Doubt she had anything to drink or any drugs. DPD f-ed this up. Shocker.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 08:58 PM

Well, I’m not an effeminate blatherer like some

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:01 PM

When you say some are you referring to Allison. I would think you would be but just wanted to be sure.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:05 PM

When you say some are you referring to Allison. I would think you would be but just wanted to be sure.

The new “macho man” will let your imagination tell you, sorry John

Ooohhhh yeeeeaaaaaa
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:06 PM

Tuff day in the offtopic

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:25 PM

The new “macho man” will let your imagination tell you, sorry John

Ooohhhh yeeeeaaaaaa

roflmao
Posted By: gregd

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:26 PM

There he goes again... attacking and challenging other posters. He was calling somebody a tough guy on another thread. I don't know what his problem is with the nice people of TFF, and I don't understand how he gets away with this type of thing all day every day. When will this vile intimidation end?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:27 PM

Five times my number of posts and this one says different.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by gregd

There he goes again... attacking and challenging other posters. He was calling somebody a tough guy on another thread. I don't know what his problem is with the nice people of TFF, and I don't understand how he gets away with this type of thing all day every day. When will this vile intimidation end?

Where to start. Tex talked about having to defend his wife physically in a thread where the defense was in words.
I remember a time in college when one guy intervened in a fight saying "hold on there Mohammed Ali". I was pointing out that nobody was having to defend his anyone physically. It was a verbal tirade Allen West made, not a physical one.

Have a problem with that? Sheesh its a tough crowd.
Posted By: Streater

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 09:47 PM

Do yall think that Jesus was a liberal? Satan a conservative?
Posted By: donothin

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 10:42 PM

I would say Jesus was a conservative based on the virgin mary con game.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 10:57 PM

But you have typed out many times the words spewing your liberal loving junk, there is a reason you aren’t very well received around here

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:08 PM

Just watched the police body cam video. I SURE HOPE SHE WAS under the influence of SOMETHING.

She sure as hell CANT DRIVE worth a damn. She looked drunk. She couldn’t carry a basic conversation.

Again, I HOPE she was under the influence, cause if she ain’t, that guy married a moron.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:11 PM

Just watched the police body cam video. I SURE HOPE SHE WAS under the influence of SOMETHING.

She sure as hell CANT DRIVE worth a damn. She looked drunk. She couldn’t carry a basic conversation.

Again, I HOPE she was under the influence, cause if she ain’t, that guy married a moron.

Yeah, I saw part of it...She claims to have been on the phone AND listening to GPS. We all know some people can't walk and chew gum....I'm thinking she can't drive, talk, and listen all at once....alcohol may not have been involved...she may just be like the other idiots I try to avoid being killed by every day to and from work. I swear there are more and more people trying to kill me every day....and they are all either talking on their phone or texting....or dealing with their kids in the backseat. bang

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Yeah, I saw part of it...She claims to have been on the phone AND listening to GPS. We all know some people can't walk and chew gum....I'm thinking she can't drive, talk, and listen all at once....alcohol may not have been involved...she may just be like the other idiots I try to avoid being killed by every day to and from work. I swear there are more and more people trying to kill me every day....and they are all either talking on their phone or texting....or dealing with their kids in the backseat. bang

She parked her car in the middle lane of a three lane road!

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:14 PM

But you have typed out many times the words spewing your liberal loving junk, there is a reason you aren’t very well received around here

Between being honest and being popular, I choose honest.
Most of the people here argue. A lot argue BS. So if I choose to correct them I have no problem with that.
Show me where I'm doing it differently. Honest. I will try to see the point you are making.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:15 PM

She parked her car in the middle lane of a three lane road!

I saw someone do that at 3:00 p.m. on I-20 west bound just west of the I-45 interchange a few weeks ago. People are IDIOTS.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:18 PM

Between being honest and being popular, I choose honest.
Most of the people here argue. A lot argue BS. So if I choose to correct them I have no problem with that.
Show me where I'm doing it differently. Honest. I will try to see the point you are making.

You’re a legend in your own mind. You believe your opinions to be fact, you want to be the smartest man alive, cliff claven esque

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:25 PM

I just watched it. I just think shes an idiot. I dont think she was under the influence of anything.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:31 PM

Link to video?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

I just watched it. I just think shes an idiot. I dont think she was under the influence of anything.

You’re probably right.

If it was my wife, I’d be embarrassed if she drove like that AND WASNT HAMMERED. I’d take her keys away. roflmao

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by DanDaBald
Link to video?

It was on the 6 O’Clock news. Ya gotta give the YouTube geeks a couple minutes before it’s fully posted for eternity on the web

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:36 PM

Channel? Network? a little help here would be appreciated. I live in the Northwoods of northwest Wisconsin and news is a couple of days away from me at 3Mbit down . . . . .

Thanks in advance . . . . . . .

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:38 PM

Reminds me of Tiger’s traffic stop.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

Reminds me of Tiger’s traffic stop.

The one where he stopped at the bottom of a cliff? roflmao

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:43 PM

The other one—Florida video I believe.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:48 PM

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/23/21 11:50 PM

Either way

Drunk…
Stoned…
Impaired by electronics…
Easily distracted by occupants in the vehicle…
Too many pharmaceuticals…
Combo of any above….

The cops did the right thing by getting her no driving [censored] off the street.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:02 AM

I would imagine the dinner conversation at the West household is a little tense tonight. Love to be a fly on the wall.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:03 AM

You’re probably right.

If it was my wife, I’d be embarrassed if she drove like that AND WASNT HAMMERED. I’d take her keys away. roflmao

As if you even run things at your house. Your wife will slap you upside the head and get you some act right.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyr2GtSYb9c

Found this . . . .

Based on my watching the video at the link that I posted, DPD does NOT want me on that jury. Thankfully I no longer qualify for jury duty in Dallas County.

That is all . . . . Carry on . . . .

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:28 AM

There’s a reason I’m never in the car when my wife drives. Last time, she drove me home from the heart hospital after 8 days, I was begging to go back halfway home

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:29 AM

You’re probably right.

As if you even run things at your house. Your wife will slap you upside the head and get you some act right.

May be a little truth to that. cheers
Posted By: Bassnhog

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:36 AM

If the blood test comes back negative for anything that would make her by law under the influence, then she will only be charged with a few traffic citations. After viewing the video I personally think it was a slight reach by DFW police to arrest for DWI, but with a child in the car that probably tilted their decision significantly toward arresting her. They made the right call in arresting her in at least my mind.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bassnhog
If the blood test comes back negative for anything that would make her by law under the influence, then she will only be charged with a few traffic citations. After viewing the video I personally think it was a slight reach by DFW police to arrest for DWI, but with a child in the car that probably tilted their decision significantly toward arresting her. They made the right call in arresting her in at least my mind.

I don’t know the age of Mrs West but in the future she may want to take a trip to a good ophthalmologist and have an exam to see if she should rethink driving at night. At some point we all face this realty and it is best to know ones limitations. This is exacerbated by her saying she was driving an unknown route which just adds to the mystery.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 01:06 AM

Two things I believe most of us believe after watching the videos or Allen West and the one with his wife's arrest.

1) Mrs West provided enough doubt that the police were doing what they are there to do.

2) The videos that Allen West put out had several falsehoods and accusations against the officer, the DPD and the DUI program.

I don't believe the apology he demanded will be forthcoming.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 01:09 AM

Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 01:35 AM

After seeing the video how can anyone blame the LEOs for arresting her? That and her driving. I am tired of people of color thinking they can get away with mouthing off.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper

After seeing the video how can anyone blame the LEOs for arresting her? That and her driving. I am tired of people of color thinking they can get away with mouthing off.

Maybe I viewed a different video in both the dashcam and body cam videos than you did, but I didn’t hear her once “mouth off” in the video’s I’ve seen. She appeared to at least try to follow the officers commands, but I saw nothing in her behavior that could be remotely considered as “mouthing off” to the officer. I’m not defending her or her high-profile husband, but perhaps you viewed a different video.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:02 AM

I watched the entire video. She was out of her lane a couple of times. See that all the time. I’m guilty too. But she was not intoxicated. She is fat, out of shape, scared, probably fatigued from stuffing her gut at dinner. But she ain’t drunk.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:03 AM

I have a couple thoughts till blood test comes back

1. I sell alot of alcohol and can spot impairment pretty well, something is up there.

2. Certain people, certain ages and physical conditions handle it worse than others. We keep an eye on older people, it takes alot less for them to get impaired it seems. I'm not going to go into my policies but we watch and will cut off certain age groups pretty damn quick, especially if they appear feeble in anyway. Pretty much a 2 drink max as that 3rd glass of wine can be a real problem

3. I dont know LEO policy but I would imagine you wouldn't want to roll the dice on a stop and let a person you suspect may possibly be impaired marginally to drive off with a kids in the car. Caution should kick in I would think.

I posted early on that sleeping on it and picking words carefully may have been a better move for Mr. West and this could well bite him in the rear.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:06 AM

1. I sell alot of alcohol and can spot impairment pretty well, something is up there.

2. Certain people, certain ages and physical conditions handle it worse than others. We keep an eye on older people, it takes alot less for them to get impaired it seems. I'm not going to go into my policies but we watch and will cut off certain age groups pretty damn quick, especially if they appear feeble in anyway. Pretty much a 2 drink max as that 3rd glass of wine can be a real problem

3. I dont know LEO policy but I would imagine you wouldn't want to roll the dice on a stop and let a person you suspect may possibly be impaired marginally to drive off with a kids in the car. Caution should kick in I would think.

I posted early on that sleeping on it and picking words carefully may have been a better move for Mr. West and this could well bite him in the rear.

To hell im drinking at your place
roflmao

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:06 AM

I’ve followed my wife to Sunday morning church when we had separate errands to run afterward and oh Lord does she drive like an individual under the influence at times. Ha.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:21 AM

To hell im drinking at your place
roflmao

Oh I'll give you plenty of rope, hell we will carry you to the uber, a few here can attest to that. Lol little old ladies can be a problem I dont need

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:34 AM

The trendy word these days is “optics”. I believe the stance that Mr. West took within minutes of this incident and the just released videos of the LEOs make for some bad “optics” for the West couple. Sometimes waiting for the facts to come in is the best path to follow. I’m sure there will be massive spin coming from LEO and from Mr. West, but there could be some damage done that can’t be undone.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bassnhog

Maybe I viewed a different video in both the dashcam and body cam videos than you did, but I didn’t hear her once “mouth off” in the video’s I’ve seen. She appeared to at least try to follow the officers commands, but I saw nothing in her behavior that could be remotely considered as “mouthing off” to the officer. I’m not defending her or her high-profile husband, but perhaps you viewed a different video.

It is not in the video. They asked her to move her car out of the traffic lane and she said something back to them.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 03:16 AM

He handled this very badly and I was for him but think that his comments as of late are not fitting. He thinks he is someone people know but he really isnt and though I respect his service I wont vote for him.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 03:17 AM

Found this . . . .

Based on my watching the video at the link that I posted, DPD does NOT want me on that jury. Thankfully I no longer qualify for jury duty in Dallas County.

I could only watch 18 minutes of it.. if they determined she was under the influence with the performance she gave... we're all screwed. Her eyes followed the light, she didn't come close to acting like she would fall on her turns.. Her response that she was listening to gps instructions ( new city, roads under construction, lots of traffic) was as good an answer as you could come up with even if a lawyer was telling her what to say. Video only helped her case from what I could see and barely hear through 18 minutes.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by lconn4

Found this . . . .

I could only watch 18 minutes of it.. if they determined she was under the influence with the performance she gave... we're all screwed. Her eyes followed the light, she didn't come close to acting like she would fall on her turns.. Her response that she was listening to gps instructions ( new city, roads under construction, lots of traffic) was as good an answer as you could come up with even if a lawyer was telling her what to say. Video only helped her case from what I could see and barely hear through 18 minutes.

My take is the same as yours. I thought she did not appear impaired in the least bit. She remained cool and collected, courteous, not disrespectful. Got into the back of the squad car on her own in a controlled fashion. She did seem to be confused about the breathalyzer. I'll defer to the LEO on here, but being "on stage" in public like this, some folks get a little nervous. At best she was a little nervous perhaps. We shall see. Still doesn't change my mind on the liberal shixthole called Dallas.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 10:28 AM

Found this . . . .

Following the light isn't the object. When moved to the edge of your vision, drunk peoples eyes will twitch. That's what they're looking for.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 11:55 AM

I'm not sure that this video, which is actually a video of a video, proves much either way. While Mrs. West was fully compliant while out of her car and taking the tests, her driving issues at the beginning (stopping in the middle lane of a very busy street, and then just moving over to the next lane, and then finally getting to a safe stopping place) are certainly suspect.

The quality of the video made me give up way before the end. I did not see the part about the breathalyzer test, and the audio portion was bad. My thoughts, as others have said, is that maybe the officer arrested her for DUI based on the fact that a minor child was in the vehicle.

Tough call either way, and I can see things in the video that would support both sides.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:09 PM

I thought y'all were getting Matthew Mcconaughey

Why are y'all worried about Col West wife. I liked him in Florida but not sure he was ever electable in TX for Governor.

I do think he would do a good job but not sure he can be unbiased.

Power like Money always brings out the true person.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider
I'm not sure that this video, which is actually a video of a video, proves much either way. While Mrs. West was fully compliant while out of her car and taking the tests, her driving issues at the beginning (stopping in the middle lane of a very busy street, and then just moving over to the next lane, and then finally getting to a safe stopping place) are certainly suspect.

The quality of the video made me give up way before the end. I did not see the part about the breathalyzer test, and the audio portion was bad. My thoughts, as others have said, is that maybe the officer arrested her for DUI based on the fact that a minor child was in the vehicle.

Tough call either way, and I can see things in the video that would support both sides.

It's one of those videos you can kinda see what you want to see..... she was straddling a lane, stopped in the middle of the road, she seemed confused about officer instructions but that could be nerves, the angle of video made the walk part hard to tell, she wobbled on one leg but I do that sober, she was frustrated by the time the breathalyzer was done and she was kinda wierd in how she went about it. The blood test will tell the tale. Note to self, refuse all those tests, every last one of them.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:29 PM

I sure didn't see anything that looked close to being a Felony arrest. She didn't look or sound impaired to me.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:32 PM

Question for LEO, old buddy of mine who is now a sherriff in a bigger county told me years ago when he was starting out about the twitch with the eye test. At that time he mentioned that there was certification needed by officer to administer the test and alot weren't, is that still the case?

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 12:56 PM

Question for LEO, old buddy of mine who is now a sherriff in a bigger county told me years ago when he was starting out about the twitch with the eye test. At that time he mentioned that there was certification needed by officer to administer the test and alot weren't, is that still the case?

We have a week of training in field sobriety that includes HGN (twitchy eye thing). It's generally the first training that a new hire will attend.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 01:00 PM

We have a week of training in field sobriety that includes HGN (twitchy eye thing). It's generally the first training that a new hire will attend.

Gotcha

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 01:08 PM

Gotcha

I did say generally.... I schedule training, so I get everyone new through as soon as one opens up. Some agencies may not. Some states are notoriously horrible with training.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:07 PM

We have standardized field sobriety training in the academy. Then refresher courses every two years typically. There are also advanced courses and ARIDE certification… ARIDE is the step before becoming a DRE. Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus is the eye test. The eye muscle is the smallest and weakest muscle in the body.. it’s effected first by alcohol. Then you have the walk and Turn and one leg stand test… there are others that can be administered if needed. It’s a totality of the circumstances and if you have probable cause to arrest someone for DWI then you can. Loss of your mental and/or physical faculties due to the introduction of alcohol and/or some type narcotic/foreign substance into your system while operating a motor vehicle in a public place. Do officers get it right 100 percent of the time.., NO. But we let go way more drunks that should’ve gone to jail then we do arrest… just due to officers not wanting to arrest someone for DWI that is not intoxicated. It’s a serious charge and should be handled with professionalism and edification. Driving impaired though is a choice, and some choices have extreme consequences. Call an Uber or Lyft and enjoy your night! Driving impaired it’s worth all the risk that comes with it. I’m sure we all know someone who has died due to driving while intoxicated… rather that person was the intoxicated driver or innocent bystander.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:13 PM

How long does it take to get the blood test results?
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:17 PM

You’re probably right.

I still haven’t made up my opinion on this entire ordeal (other than Allen needed to heed WAWI’s advice and sleep on it first). And I’ve never been involved in a DWI stop/field sobriety test (thankfully).

But I imagine it’s nerve racking, even if you’re totally sober and there are a lot of cars driving by, like in the body cam video of her arrest. My initial thought was that she was not impaired, but could have been. I am leaning towards sober but confused/tired/never been in that situation before/out of shape. The officer also seemed very new, like it was her first time. I even got confused by the commands, amount of time she had her doing some of the tests, etc. Maybe it’s all standard, I don’t know, but it didn’t seem like the officer was very experienced either.

Still not sure what to think. Blood test results will be key.
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2014NITROZ-7
Profiling is what would be screamed if they were libs. And it was in liberal azz Dallas.

Fact
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:25 PM

Abbott is doing a wheelchair burnout.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 02:35 PM

Funny, but too soon.
Posted By: MAK747

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 03:15 PM

My take after seeing the video on the news is this. Her driving sucks, but so does a lot of other peoples. May be hazardous to other people on the road but doesn't prove them to be DWI. The way she stopped in the middle of the road looks more like a confused scared teenager and not like a mature adult that's been driving a better part of their life, but again, doesn't make her DWI. She seemed to perform adequately on the sobriety test, though her eyes seemed a bit glazed. She appeared to me to be intentionally trying avoid taking the to breathalyzer test correctly, I mean how hard is to blow until the officer says to stop. I think she may have feared that though she wasn't drunk, she was possibly legally impaired. The blood test will tell the story.

As for the way Mr. West conducted himself, I probably could have ignored his first video and chalked it up to allowing his raw emotions to spill out without thinking. But after him doubling down on the second video and calling out the PD and calling for the officer to be terminated prior to the facts being presented, showed to me his true colors, which is not someone I want running the state. Even if it came out that she was indeed DWI, it wouldn't have eliminated him as someone I would vote for because of a mistake she made. He would have been better served if he had kept his mouth shut and obtained a lawyer prior to making any public statements.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 03:21 PM

Found this . . . .

Following the light isn't the object. When moved to the edge of your vision, drunk peoples eyes will twitch. That's what they're looking for.

Thanks for the info... I've never had popo ever suspect I was under the influence! roflmao Will say my eyes are burning from allergies and start blinking before they get to that part. roflmao cheers
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 03:37 PM

at that age you should know how to pull over
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 04:47 PM

I may be completely wrong but it looked to me like a truck stopped dead directly in front of her while she was in the center lane. And vehicles still passing her on both sides, with the flashing lights in all her mirrors. I can kinda see why she froze in the center lane, before she had much time to move after the truck started moving the officer was out of the car. The driving on the shoulder wasn’t great but other than that if she was intoxicated she’s better at it than me and I practice a lot.
Posted By: warcry

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
if she was intoxicated she’s better at it than me and I practice a lot.

ok laugh

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
I may be completely wrong but it looked to me like a truck stopped dead directly in front of her while she was in the center lane. And vehicles still passing her on both sides, with the flashing lights in all her mirrors. I can kinda see why she froze in the center lane, before she had much time to move after the truck started moving the officer was out of the car. The driving on the shoulder wasn’t great but other than that if she was intoxicated she’s better at it than me and I practice a lot.

I went back and looked at that part... she did stop because truck had stopped in front of her. I can understand why she might have stayed stopped until told to pull over to side of road. If she really was listening to or trying to see gps instructions I can understand her driving as well. GPS sucks in Dallas in some areas under construction/repair as it was in that area.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 05:38 PM

A buddy of mine was suspected of DWI. He was actually just sitting in his truck in a parking lot with the key in the ignition. The LEO said that was intent to drive or something. He was told to say his ABCs backwards. Heck I can hardly do that sober.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 05:48 PM

A buddy of mine was suspected of DWI. He was actually just sitting in his truck in a parking lot with the key in the ignition. The LEO said that was intent to drive or something. He was told to say his ABCs backwards. Heck I can hardly do that sober.

Reminds me of my sister in Highland Park...she went to a going away party at a bar with girlfriends, got drunk, called me to pick her up.

She was sitting in her car with the radio on waiting for me to get there and the police tapped on her window and arrested her for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated or something like that.

I got there as they were driving off with her in the car. She spent a night in the Highland Park jail. IMO that's shady cops when they knew she was waiting for a ride.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

Reminds me of my sister in Highland Park...she went to a going away party at a bar with girlfriends, got drunk, called me to pick her up.

She was sitting in her car with the radio on waiting for me to get there and the police tapped on her window and arrested her for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated or something like that.

I got there as they were driving off with her in the car. She spent a night in the High Park jail. IMO that's shady cops when they knew she was waiting for a ride.

I've seen it on the water too. do not sit in the driver seat if you are drunk.
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 05:59 PM

I was stopped coming back from SA in NB around 2am. Yes, I had been drinking. I just used my white prev. The very nice officer said that he had no time to do field sobriety test and told me to wait in this parking lot until 6am or he would come and get me later.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 07:06 PM

The way is see it after marinating is Mr. West is all in on the blood test. If she passes he still has a prayer in election, if she fails he is toast and done before he got started. If he would have been more PC he could have shipped her off the Betty Ford for some r and r and it would have blown over come election time.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 10:20 PM

There are a lot of medications, sleep aids, and other substances that can cause the loss of your mental and/or physical faculties…. There’s a reason a majority of medications state in the bottle do not operate heavy machinery… ex: motor vehicle. Over the counter medications can do the same, even when taken properly. Typically the eyes tell the story… the nystagmus of the eyes is an involuntary action…. DIP drugs cause it… depressants, inhalants, pcp….
Blood takes a little while to come back just depending on the lab they use and how backed up it is currently.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/24/21 10:36 PM

She could have had too much MSG in the restaurant food.
It can cause mental sluggishness, slow reaction time, and impair concentration. smile

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/25/21 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by CCTX
She could have had too much MSG in the restaurant food.
It can cause mental sluggishness, slow reaction time, and impair concentration. smile

Lol, that orange chicken and great wall of china cake claims another.....

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/25/21 02:15 AM

Minority women are the worst drivers on earth.....I know this is fact

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 08/25/21 02:17 AM

Minority women are the worst drivers on earth.....I know this is fact

Asian women and Christians with a KLTY sticker. It is what it is.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 09/01/21 08:42 PM

ANGELA WEST - CLEARED

No alcohol, no drugs in her system.

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 09/01/21 08:56 PM

Great call, Moto cheers
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 09/01/21 09:13 PM

Great call, Moto cheers

roflmao roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Allen West’s wife arrested for “suspected” DUI??? - 09/01/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
ANGELA WEST - CLEARED

No alcohol, no drugs in her system.

clap
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum